A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Raptor22"] I just can't remember game tape vaulting a player up over a combine performance, but we've all seen combine numbers trump game tape (Julio Jones anyone?).

[/quote]

Im not really disagreeing with your point, just your example. Julio Jones had some pretty amazing game tape to go with his amazing combine.

So in conclusion, yes Im nitpicking and you love it.
    sigpic

Comment

g[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"]Okay, I was going to post this over in the LB thread, but it got a little off topic, so its going here:

I honestly believe that Kuechly will fall into the 2nd round. "Solid
      Athletes" do not get drafted in the first round. It really doesn't
      matter how good a football player they are, if somebody doesn't blow up
      the combine, they're not going in the 1st.

IMO, Courtney Upshaw, Dont'a Hightower (if he comes out), and Zach Brown
      will vie for first LB off the board (Upshaw is my pick to go first, and
      to some 34 team in need of a passrusher, I'm thinking maybe Chargers or
      Pats). Also, I'm thinking the Ravens will grab Burfict, particularly if
      they miss the playoffs. Indy probably wants another Peyton, so I can
      see Baltimore wanting another Ray Lewis.

As for the Giants, I think Kuechly in the 2nd is a classic Reese pick. Insane value at a position of need.

In the 1st I'm thinking either Dwayne Allen, Mike Martin, or some
      road-grader C/G that fell due to not being secksy enough (Snee-II). Both
      fit the Giants' mold, and both could/should be there in the late 1st.
      If they don't get Martin in the 1st, I could see Jarrod Crick falling to
      the 3rd, (undersized and injured, not a good combination) and would be an absurd value there.
      [/quote]Kuchley is going round 1 no questions asked! Dude is super athletic and a super playmaker whos just dominted the U in the finale of the reg season! What a season and career to this point hes had The announers were just sold hes going ROUND 1 and has to come out Hes fantastic!
      [/quote]

I've never said he isn't a first round talent. He's been my favorite linebacker since last offseason (and people were calling me all sorts of names for liking him over Burfict). I just haven't seen the kind of freakish athleticism that a LB needs to go in the first. I'm not saying he can't, maybe his spider-sense like instincts overshadow his athleticism.

I just think that he's one of those players, at a position that has taken a value hit as of late, who's stock is going to be unfairly weighted by the combine. And, IMO, being white doesn't help matters any. If he has a merely 'good' combine, I can see GM's talking themselves out of the pick rather than trusting their eyes and the game tape. I just can't remember game tape vaulting a player up over a combine e performance, but we've all seen combine numbers trump game tape (Julio Jones anyone?).

What SHOULD happen, and what DOES happen ain't always the same...

[/quote] I think he goes RD 1 no matter what happens at the combine Hes just to active and has the proper size and charechter and his game tape is amazing! He'll fall somewhere in Between where Aj Hawk and James Laurinitis were drafted So somewhere between 5th in 1st round- 3rd pick of 2nd round That lands u plenty in the 1st round

Comment

Logan Thomas just gets better and better God he shows some good touch on throws which u woulden't think he'd be doing at this point in his maturity Wilson of ARK and Thomas of Tech are gonna be fighting for top QB honor in College next yr i think I'll throw Brock Osweiler in the mix as well!

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]LOL did U guys see Todd MCshay's write up of Whitney Mercilus

Whitney Mercilus DT 6-3 363 pounds

Mercilus has a massive frame and moves well for his size.He's Tough to move in the middle and could fit well as a Two gap run stopper in a 3-4 Scheme

LOL what an ***[/quote] hahahhaah!!!

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote] I agree! I stuck up for him for awhile but i'm past all that U watched the game last night? How about Brock Osweiler? That dude can make all the throws! Super looking QB prospect in my opinion

Comment

Do me a favor and take a look at JONAS GRAY RB IRISH tonight if u get a chance Cierre Wood is fantastic but GRAY is someone i think is a bigtime sleeper and given a chance can become a contributor in the NFL and possibly more He truly earned his playing time and as either a 6th-7th rd pick or UDF He could be a steal!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Do me a favor and take a look at JONAS GRAY RB IRISH tond night if u get a chance Cierre Wood is fantastic but GRAY is someone i think is a bigtime sleeper and given a chance can become a contributor in the NFL and possibly more He truly earned his playing time and as either a 6th-7th rd pick or UDF He could be a steal!
                [/quote]wow GRAY is out for the yr with Knee injury so never mind about that lol He has avereged over 6yrds per carry and 791yrd rushing and 12tds on 114attemps this season

Comment

Again Don't mind my posts guys! The Period button and comma and a few letters dosen't work and i'm to lazy to copy and paste every other second lol So just don't mind my grammar not that it is great anyhowlol

Comment

I assume you guys have eyes on the VT v UVA game. The more I see of David Wilson the more I like what I see. Huge play after huge play.
                    sigpic

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote]* I agree! I stuck up for him for awhile but i'm past all that**** U watched the game last night?*** How about Brock Osweiler?** That dude can make all the throws!* Super looking QB prospect in my opinion
                      [/quote]

Osweiler's my favorite QB next year... and he Damn well BETTER be able to make all the throws... his release point is only about 9 feet in the air... imagine him with a Plax or Barden type receiver (or NE's tight ends?)?

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I assume you guys have eyes on the VT v UVA game. The more I see of David Wilson the more I like what I see. Huge play after huge play.
                        [/quote]ya I seen some nice runs by him in that one making something outta nothing I was really impressed with there QB Logan Thomas Hes really progressing quickly!

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote] I agree! I stuck up for him for awhile but i'm past all that U watched the game last night? How about Brock Osweiler? That dude can make all the throws! Super looking QB prospect in my opinion
                          [/quote]

Osweiler's my favorite QB next year... and he Damn well BETTER be able to make all the throws... his release point is only about 9 feet in the air... imagine him with a Plax or Barden type receiver (or NE's tight ends?)?[/quote] I really like Tyler Wilson as well but Osweiler is right up there! Tahj Boyd is in the mix but i want to see how he comes out after a dud last wk tonight against a solid D in S Carolina I soured on Boyd a bit lately with his erratic accuracy Osweiler Wilson and Logan Thomas are the 3 that excite me the most though A sleeper would be Glennon from Nc State

Comment

I had to mention how bad maryland is to u guys LOL They were up 41-14 with 10min to go in the 3rd Qter and not only lost but lost by Double digits and Nc State actually covered a -12 point spread lol Wow! I took Nc State thats why i checked LOL Got a pick 6 with 27seconds to go to get the spread! Also nc state outscored the terps 35-0 in the 4th qter lol

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Burfict got benched last night in ASU's loss for personal fouls. Probably will enter the draft with mountains of awful tape from this season.[/quote]* I agree! I stuck up for him for awhile but i'm past all that**** U watched the game last night?*** How about Brock Osweiler?** That dude can make all the throws!* Super looking QB prospect in my opinion
                              [/quote]

Osweiler's my favorite QB next year... and he Damn well BETTER be able to make all the throws... his release point is only about 9 feet in the air... imagine him with a Plax or Barden type receiver (or NE's tight ends?)?[/quote] I really like Tyler Wilson as well*** but Osweiler is right up there!* Tahj Boyd is in the mix but i want to see how he comes out after a dud last wk***** tonight against a solid D in S Carolina*** I soured on Boyd a bit lately with his erratic accuracy*** Osweiler* Wilson** and Logan Thomas are the 3 that excite me the most though***** A sleeper would be Glennon from Nc State
                              [/quote]Tyler Bray and Aaron Murray are the 2 best in my opinion. Logan Thomas is very intriguing prospect though

Comment

Ej manuel sucks!!!lol Super inaccurate and just plays super sloppy I don't care for him at all

Comment

Working...
                                X