A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

3 Bowl games today with small school guys.

San Diego State

QB-Ryan Lindley- + Arm Developmental QB prospect with accuracy issues

LB-Miles Burris A player I like who has an eye popping 37 TFL over the last 2 seasons

RB-Ronnie Hillman-One of the top RB's in Div1 I believe he will be declaring

Wyoming

Tashaun Gipson- Big corner/FS 6'0 200lbs who played very well against Boise State

Temple

Bernard Pierce-One of the better RB prospects in College Football

Utah State

Robert Turbin-Another underclassman RB who I believe is declaring

Bobby Wagner-Maybe my favorite player playing today. 6'0 232 with long arms that can stack and shed. SOLB prospect that can blitz ,play sideline to sideline and can tackle well

Ohio

WR/KR- Lavon Brazil good KR YAC guy

LA Lafyette-

Ladarius Green TE-Heard alot of good things about his receiving skills but was left unimpressed in the one game against Troy i saw

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

LB-Miles Burris A player I like who has an eye popping 37 TFL over the last 2 seasons

Wyoming

Tashaun Gipson- Big corner/FS 6'0 200lbs who played very well against Boise State

Temple

Utah State

Bobby Wagner-Maybe my favorite player playing today. 6'0 232 with long arms that can stack and shed. SOLB prospect that can blitz ,play sideline to sideline and can tackle well

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

Ladarius Green TE-Heard alot of good things about his receiving skills but was left unimpressed in the one game against Troy i saw

[/quote] U got most of the main players but left a few out that could get Draft Consideration or at least UDF status

Lavon Brazill WR Ohio U- Has 64recept 1042yrd 10td and 5rush 73yrd 1td on the season and is the bigtime threat in the recieving game for Ohio Pretty Speedy and has above avg hands

Adrian Robinson DE Temple- First Team all mac and mac player of the yr in 2009 Team Captain Voted mac 1st team by mac news media assosiation for 2011 Leads owls in sacks with 6 this yr after getting 13 in 2009 and 3 and a half in 2010 Dude is a bit undersized for NFL DE but could be a late round pick for a 3/4 team or UDF for someone

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns,
      Sr., Wyoming, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference Second Team
      for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head
      coaches and select media panel. Josh Biezuns earned Second Team
      All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season. He led Wyoming
      in tackles for loss, with 9.5, and in forced fumbles, with five. He
      ranked No. 3 in the MW in tackles among defensive linemen this season,
      with 60. Biezuns ranked No. 2 in the league and No. 8 in the nation in
      forced fumbles. He ranked No. 7 in the conference in tackles for loss,
      and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.

Comment

[quote user="tonyt830"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Im thinking Bobby Wagner may be my number 1 SOLB target for the Giants. Here is a piece from Alo on Draftbreakdown.

http://draftbreakdown.com/getting-to-know-bobby-wagner

[/quote]

Redeye,

What corners do you like coming out? And who do you think would be a good fit for us?

[/quote] I'll give Redeye a hand on this one because i'm sure hes got a similar list The obvious top guys are Claiborne Kirkpatrick Dennard and Jenkins all though there are 2 guys after that i think are gonna be sensational players and i would not be surprised to see both either in RD 1 or very early RD 2 and if they go later someones getting a steal! Casey Hayward CB Vandy and Chase minnifield CB Virginia Those 2 are the complete package!

heres some guys outside of the TOP 4 and the 2 i mentioned(claiborne kirkpatrick dennard jenkins hayward minnifield)

Stephon Gilmore CB S Carolina
        Jayron Hosley CB Va Tech
        Trumaine Johnson CB/S montana(solid sleeper)
        Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
        Donnie Fletcher CB B College
        Shaun Prater CB Iowa(his teammate micah hyde is a beast but could return)
        Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St( one of my TOP CB SLEEPERS)

Theres about 13 Corners right there with solid potential and i left out a handful of guys who i like as sleepers And i left out Jr's as well
        Donnie Fletcher
        [/quote]Hey nycsportzfan, living in SEC country I have seen a lot of Hayward and Boykin as well. I know Vandy is sometimes the forgotten in the SEC but every once in a while, they have a player or 2 that turns some heads. I like what I have seen from Hayward. I'm only an amateur when it comes to viewing talent. But Hayward was 3rd in the SEC in INTs this year and 2nd in passes defensed. I think I read somewhere that he is 2nd all-time for career INTs at Vandy. He is also pretty good in run support and was voted All-SEC 2nd team. Not bad playing in the same conference as Claiborne and Kirkpatrick. You think he would be a possible 3rd or 4th rd draft pick? If so and he is there, I would love to see the Giants grab him.

But Boykin is another CB that I would not mind seeing in a Giants uni next season. He can return kicks as well as being a solid corner. Maybe a 3rd rounder?

Either way, with Ross and Thomas being FAs and Thomas coming off a 2nd acl surgery on the same knee, I think the Gmen should look at some young talent at CB in the draft. I like Claiborne and Kirkpatrick, but like you said they may be gone by the time the Giants pick in the 1st rd. But who knows, right? There are other needs that should be addressed as well. I would be good with a O-line/LB/RB or CB, with the first 3 picks in the 2012 draft for the Giants.

[/quote] I don't think hayward makes it outta RD 2/ very early 3rd round at latest Hes a exceptional CB who is underrated because he plays at vandy I would have no problem if the Giants took him in RD 2 as we need playmakers and hes one of the best playmakers in the country at the CB positon

I also like Boykin alot and have said that in the past Hes a guy i could see in the late 3rd 4th round and would certainly not mind Giants getting to fill Aaron Ross's spot on the team assuming he leaves in FA'cy

Leonard Johnson is a guy i love as a Sleeper for the CB positon and would not mind us getting him if hes still there in RD 4 and we haven't gone CB yet

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

[/quote] U got most of the main players but left a few out that could get Draft Consideration or at least UDF status

Lavon Brazill WR Ohio U- Has 64recept 1042yrd 10td and 5rush 73yrd 1td on the season and is the bigtime threat in the recieving game for Ohio Pretty Speedy and has above avg hands

Adrian Robinson DE Temple- First Team all mac and mac player of the yr in 2009 Team Captain Voted mac 1st team by mac news media assosiation for 2011 Leads owls in sacks with 6 this yr after getting 13 in 2009 and 3 and a half in 2010 Dude is a bit undersized for NFL DE but could be a late round pick for a 3/4 team or UDF for someone

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns,
          and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Tashaun Gipson- Big corner/FS *6'0 200lbs who played very well against Boise State

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

[/quote] U got most of the main players but left a few out that could get Draft Consideration or at least* UDF status

Lavon Brazill WR Ohio U- Has 64recept 1042yrd 10td and 5rush 73yrd 1td on the season*** and is the bigtime threat in the recieving game for Ohio****** Pretty Speedy and has above avg hands****

Adrian Robinson DE Temple- First Team all mac and mac player of the yr in 2009***** Team Captain** Voted* mac 1st team* by mac news media* assosiation for 2011**** Leads owls in sacks with 6 this yr** after getting** 13 in 2009* and 3 and* a half in 2010**** Dude is a bit undersized for NFL DE but could be a late round pick for a 3/4 team or UDF for someone

and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote]* Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!*
            [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA

I did mention Brazil

Also I think the Temple guards both looked good

Comment

u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!
              [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA

I did mention Brazil

Also I think the Temple guards both looked good[/quote] He may be inconsistent but hes certainly worthy of a late round Draft pick with upside I totally could see a team like the Ravens taking him in RD 6 or so He was sensational today!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns, Sr., Wyoming, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference Second Team for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head coaches and select media panel. Josh Biezuns earned Second Team All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season. He led Wyoming in tackles for loss, with 9.5, and in forced fumbles, with five. He ranked No. 3 in the MW in tackles among defensive linemen this season, with 60. Biezuns ranked No. 2 in the league and No. 8 in the nation in forced fumbles. He ranked No. 7 in the conference in tackles for loss, and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!
                [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA I did mention Brazil Also I think the Temple guards both looked good[/quote] He may be inconsistent but hes certainly worthy of a late round Draft pick with upside I totally could see a team like the Ravens taking him in RD 6 or so He was sensational today!
                [/quote]

nyc what about TEorson charles from Georgia , what do you think of him n what rd?

Comment

wow San Diego St is embaressing ! They make the dumbest mistakes i've seen!!!

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns, Sr., Wyoming, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference Second Team for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head coaches and select media panel. Josh Biezuns earned Second Team All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season. He led Wyoming in tackles for loss, with 9.5, and in forced fumbles, with five. He ranked No. 3 in the MW in tackles among defensive linemen this season, with 60. Biezuns ranked No. 2 in the league and No. 8 in the nation in forced fumbles. He ranked No. 7 in the conference in tackles for loss, and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote] Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!
                    [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA I did mention Brazil Also I think the Temple guards both looked good[/quote] He may be inconsistent but hes certainly worthy of a late round Draft pick with upside I totally could see a team like the Ravens taking him in RD 6 or so He was sensational today!
                    [/quote]

nyc what about TEorson charles from Georgia , what do you think of him n what rd?

[/quote]Charles is an outstanding receiver.He is the best pure receiver in the draft at the TE spot.Part of the reason he is such a good receiver is because he is basically a WR. 6'3" 230 is real small for a TE. i just dont see the giants drafting a guy like him.He has 2nd round talent though

not sure if u saw this but i put this up not 2 long ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TqsdLRzk2g

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

[/quote]

[/quote]Charles is an outstanding receiver.He is the best pure receiver in the draft at the TE spot.Part of the reason he is such a good receiver is because he is basically a WR. 6'3" 230 is real small for a TE. i just dont see the giants drafting a guy like him.He has 2nd round talent though

[/quote]

Yeah I agree needs about 2-3 more inches and about 20 more lbs for a prototypical TE in the NFL...would u take him in the 3rd if he was still there??

Comment

[quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="ELIistheFRANCHISE"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]u[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

San Diego State

Wyoming

Tashaun Gipson- Big corner/FS *6'0 200lbs who played very well against Boise State

Temple

Utah State

Ohio

LA Lafyette-

[/quote] U got most of the main players but left a few out that could get Draft Consideration or at least* UDF status

Lavon Brazill WR Ohio U- Has 64recept 1042yrd 10td and 5rush 73yrd 1td on the season*** and is the bigtime threat in the recieving game for Ohio****** Pretty Speedy and has above avg hands****

Adrian Robinson DE Temple- First Team all mac and mac player of the yr in 2009***** Team Captain** Voted* mac 1st team* by mac news media* assosiation for 2011**** Leads owls in sacks with 6 this yr** after getting** 13 in 2009* and 3 and* a half in 2010**** Dude is a bit undersized for NFL DE but could be a late round pick for a 3/4 team or UDF for someone

Josh Biezuns DE Wyoming- 2011 ALL-MOUNTAIN WEST FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DL Josh Biezuns, Sr., Wyoming, has been selected All-Mountain West Conference Second Team for the 2011 college football season as voted on by the eight head coaches and select media panel. Josh Biezuns earned Second Team All-Conference honors for the second consecutive season. He led Wyoming in tackles for loss, with 9.5, and in forced fumbles, with five. He ranked No. 3 in the MW in tackles among defensive linemen this season, with 60. Biezuns ranked No. 2 in the league and No. 8 in the nation in forced fumbles. He ranked No. 7 in the conference in tackles for loss, and ranked No. 9 in sacks, with 5.0.[/quote]* Adrian Robinson looked great against WY!*
                        [/quote]That guy is so inconsistent.Sometimes he looks like a Top of the draft player and some times he looks like an UDFA I did mention Brazil Also I think the Temple guards both looked good[/quote] He may be inconsistent but hes certainly worthy of a late round Draft pick with upside**** I totally could see a team like the Ravens taking him in RD 6 or so** He was sensational today!*
                        [/quote]

nyc what about TE*orson charles from Georgia , what do you think of him n what rd?

[/quote]

Yeah I agree needs about 2-3 more inches and about 20 more lbs for a prototypical TE in the NFL...would u take him in the 3rd if he was still there??

[/quote]Not with these coaches.If we had a different coaching staff Id take him in a second.U put him on NE,GB, or the Saints this guy would kill it. For a team like that he has late first round pick value.

What i find frustrating is a lot of us on this board loved Jimmy Graham coming out and its amazing to me how all these teams missed the boat on him.

Comment

Heres this weeks mock after another dispicable letdown game by a team that clearly needs to think about a new coaching staff and letting some of these Vets go or trade that have been here for along time and just are not getting it done I'm going heavy on the Defensive End in this mock!

1 Whitney mercilus DE Illinois- This guys gonna probably rise bigtime by Draftday but if were picking 18th and hes there We gotta get him! We need a legit pass rusher who can consistently get to the QB opposite JPP Whitney and JPP would be a dynamic pass rush DUO!

2 Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma- Obviously a young talented LB needs to be added and i remember just last yr Lewis being a 1st round talked about LB and i'm not letting a injury plaqued yr get in the way of my thought process This guys very good and has a nice all around skill set and is great value midway through the 2nd

3 Cliff Harris CB Oregon- Obviously we need speed in the secondary and a guy who can make plays on teh ball and as much upside as possible Harris is a unique talent who also can be involved in Returns and the upside is to high to pass up in the 3rd round I'd take harris and hope hes learned from his offfield mistakes If he has u may get yourself one heck of a corner!

4 Aaron Henry S Wisconsin- I really like Aaron Henry and could see him as a starter in the NFL He comes from a Winning Program and has produced! Solid size and speed and is not a weakness against the pass or run Henry at worst adds depth to a Secondary that needs to play better

5 mike ryan OT Uconn- A big strong tackle that would be solid value in RD 5 and can really help the Run game Hes the kinda prospect that could end up being a starter in a few yrs or a pinch

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky- A nice late Round RB prospect whos been a workhorser the small school hilltoppers He ranked 2nd nationally in per game rushing yards and is solidly fast Hes worth a shot this late in the Draft and all the top RB's off the board

7 Derek moye WR Penn St- One of the better WR's in the country who was plaqued by horrible QB play which will certainly drop him down to the last rounds or undrafted weather its his fault or not This is a guy who could easily find a niche in the NFL because of great hands size and smarts Hes really probably better then alot of more talked about WR's to be honest

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Heres this weeks mock after another dispicable letdown game by a team that clearly needs to think about a new coaching staff and letting some of these Vets go or trade that have been here for along time and just are not getting it done I'm going heavy on the Defensive End in this mock!

1 Whitney mercilus DE Illinois- This guys gonna probably rise bigtime by Draftday but if were picking 18th and hes there We gotta get him! We need a legit pass rusher who can consistently get to the QB opposite JPP Whitney and JPP would be a dynamic pass rush DUO!

2 Travis Lewis OLB Oklahoma- Obviously a young talented LB needs to be added and i remember just last yr Lewis being a 1st round talked about LB and i'm not letting a injury plaqued yr get in the way of my thought process This guys very good and has a nice all around skill set and is great value midway through the 2nd

3 Cliff Harris CB Oregon- Obviously we need speed in the secondary and a guy who can make plays on teh ball and as much upside as possible Harris is a unique talent who also can be involved in Returns and the upside is to high to pass up in the 3rd round I'd take harris and hope hes learned from his offfield mistakes If he has u may get yourself one heck of a corner!

4 Aaron Henry S Wisconsin- I really like Aaron Henry and could see him as a starter in the NFL He comes from a Winning Program and has produced! Solid size and speed and is not a weakness against the pass or run Henry at worst adds depth to a Secondary that needs to play better

5 mike ryan OT Uconn- A big strong tackle that would be solid value in RD 5 and can really help the Run game Hes the kinda prospect that could end up being a starter in a few yrs or a pinch

6 Bobby Rainey RB W Kentucky- A nice late Round RB prospect whos been a workhorser the small school hilltoppers He ranked 2nd nationally in per game rushing yards and is solidly fast Hes worth a shot this late in the Draft and all the top RB's off the board

7 Derek moye WR Penn St- One of the better WR's in the country who was plaqued by horrible QB play which will certainly drop him down to the last rounds or undrafted weather its his fault or not This is a guy who could easily find a niche in the NFL because of great hands size and smarts Hes really probably better then alot of more talked about WR's to be honest
                            [/quote]

I would LOVE that draft. Harris in the 3rd would be a steal, and he'd make a great nickle/dime CB, and might just give the return game a spark.

The only part that worries me is Lewis. His injury history is enough to scare me away (considering this teams' injury problems). I'm not saying there's any S&C problems in Giantsland, but just a general air of bad mojo. That being said, if Lewis can put it behind him, and Herz can return to form (which I don't want to bet against), The two of them + JWill could be a SCARY LB corp (and capable against the pass).

(Note: I'm also not writing of Sintim just yet. I'd want to see him in training camp/preseason before I'd cut him. He looked very good before he got hurt. Nice a fluid, and was actually good in coverage).

Edit: A couple alternates (after looking harder at Mercilus and thinking on Lewis some more): Melvin Ingram and Jared Crick.

I love watching SC's D-line play, and Ingram is a similar player to Tuck (IMO). Good burst, long arms, good motor, and the right size to be kicked inside. He needs to put on a bit of weight and could use some technique help, but this is a line that could nurture his positives. Mercilus' height might get him gone before the G-Men pick, so I would take Ingram in a heartbeat.

Crick proved to be just as productive sans Suh as with him. He's got great length at 6'6", but is light enough to get moved around as well. He's an explosive hitter who also has great quickness and mobility (not a bad thing to have in a DT/E when you have to play Vick/McCoy twice a year). Had he not been injured, he'd probably be a 1st rounder, but his weight + injury probably push him down.

Comment

I finally started to get a little interested in the draft (I usually wait until we're out of the playoffs, but its a slow week)

What do you guys think about Vontaze Burfict MLB from ASU?? The guy looks like he has an ever-running motor and there were a few plays where he straight up blew up the OL. And the guy seems to be the MIKE in a 4-3 D so that would be a nice and seamless transition for us
                              Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="Kase-1"]I finally started to get a little interested in the draft (I usually wait until we're out of the playoffs, but its a slow week)

What do you guys think about Vontaze Burfict MLB from ASU?? The guy looks like he has an ever-running motor and there were a few plays where he straight up blew up the OL.* And the guy seems to be the MIKE in a 4-3 D so that would be a nice and seamless transition for us
                                [/quote]
                                Burfict had an awful season.He over runs plays,has terrible instincts and didnt take to coaching while he was at ASU.

Comment

Working...
                                X