A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jonathan Banks "Miss St" is returning to school after getting a 4th round grade from the advisory board[/quote] really? Wow i thught banks would be a sure fire 2nd rounder** hes really good** Fletcher Cox is coming out and is a beast
    [/quote]4th round realistically means he would get drafted in the 3rd.There real safe grades

Comment

I really like Sanu. To bad the Giants don't need him. They have other bigger needs.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jonathan Banks "Miss St" is returning to school after getting a 4th round grade from the advisory board[/quote] really? Wow i thught banks would be a sure fire 2nd rounder hes really good Fletcher Cox is coming out and is a beast
        [/quote]Montee Ball returning to school Sanu and Reiff are coming out[/quote]well that sucks that Ball is not coming out. But that said, after watching the Liberty Bowl Saturday, I would love to see Isaiah Pead and Casey Hayward in a Giants uni next season. They would be 2 great 3rd/4th rd picks for the Gmen! Derek Wolfe from Cincy looks pretty solid as well.

Now I would not mind hearing Doug Martin's name called as a 3rd or 4th rd RB for us, if Pead and Polk are gone.

Comment

[quote user="tonyt830"]

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jonathan Banks "Miss St" is returning to school after getting a 4th round grade from the advisory board[/quote] really? Wow i thught banks would be a sure fire 2nd rounder hes really good Fletcher Cox is coming out and is a beast
          [/quote]Montee Ball returning to school Sanu and Reiff are coming out[/quote]well that sucks that Ball is not coming out. But that said, after watching the Liberty Bowl Saturday, I would love to see Isaiah Pead and Casey Hayward in a Giants uni next season. They would be 2 great 3rd/4th rd picks for the Gmen! Derek Wolfe from Cincy looks pretty solid as well.

Now I would not mind hearing Doug Martin's name called as a 3rd or 4th rd RB for us, if Pead and Polk are gone.

[/quote] zero chance that we can get Hayward in RD 3 If anything the guy might surprise and be a late 1st round pick hes that good! Hes on of my favorite and most underrated prospects in this yrs prospect crop Hes a ballhawk extrodinaire who also plays the run Heres a cool list of TOP SEC bowl performers

Top SEC bowlperformers

January, 3, 2012
          Jan 3

2:30

PM ET

The SEC still has three bowl teams left, but we're going to take a look
          at some players who have already seen their seasons come to an end.

It was a fun weekend of football and a good weekend for the SEC. The
          conference went 4-2, with Georgia and Vanderbilt being the only teams
          to come up short.

With those games came some pretty good performances from players.

Here are some top performers:
            [*]Vick Ballard, RB, Mississippi State:
            He saved one of his best performances for last, as he rushed for 180
            yards and two touchdowns on just 14 carries. His touchdowns went for 60
            and 72 yards.[*]Archibald Barnes, LB, Vanderbilt: He was all over
            the field for the Commodores, leading the Liberty Bowl with 10 total
            tackles. He also blocked a field goal in the fourth quarter that gave
            Vandy some life late.[*]Emory Blake, WR, Auburn:
            Blake made his day in the Georgia Dome look easy as he caught six
            passes for 108 yards in the win over Virginia in the Chick-fil-A Bowl.[*]Jon Bostic, LB, Florida: He was one of the most active players on defense this past weekend, recording eight tackles, including four for loss.[*]Brandon Boykin, CB, Georgia: In his final game as a
            Bulldog, Boykin found a way to put points on the board three different
            ways in the Outback Bowl. First, he forced a safety when he stuffed
            Michigan State's Keshawn Martin
            on the Spartans' first offensive play. He then returned a punt 92
            yards for a touchdown and caught a 13-yard touchdown late. His punt
            return was the longest play in Outback Bowl history.[*]Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina: The true
            freshman put a stamp on his first season by recording two sacks for a
            loss of 13 yards. He finished the Capital One Bowl with four total
            tackles.[*]Fletcher Cox, DT, Mississippi State: Cox made sure
            he went out with a blast in the Music City Bowl, recording seven
            tackles, with two coming for loss, had a sack and blocked a field goal.[*]Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt: He grabbed eight
            tackles, including one for loss, and grabbed two interceptions. With
            his picks, Hayward tied for first in career interceptions at
            Vanderbilt.[*]Alshon Jeffery, WR, South Carolina:
            If not for his ejection, Jeffery's numbers would have been much
            better. Still, he caught just four passes for a game-high 148 yards. He
            snagged Connor Shaw's Hail Mary touchdown pass at the end of the first half and had a 78-yard reception.[*]Tavarres King, WR, Georgia:
            King was almost one of the heroes for Georgia, catching six passes for
            a career-high 205 yards and had an 80-yard touchdown reception, which
            was also a career long. Before Boykin's punt return, King's play stood
            as the longest play in Outback Bowl history.[*]Onterio McCalebb, RB, Auburn:
            Taking over as Auburn's lead back in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, McCalebb
            had a game-high 109 rushing yards, including a long of 60 yards. He
            also recorded a 3-yard touchdown run and caught two passes for 53
            yards, including a 25-yard touchdown.[*]Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia: He was all over the
            field for the Bulldogs, recording an Outback Bowl-high 13 tackles,
            including two for loss, broke up two passes and had a sack.[*]Chris Rainey, RB, Florida:
            Rainey ended his Florida career with a great showing against Ohio State
            in the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl. He led Florida with 71 rushing yards,
            had 31 receiving yards and blocked a punt that was scooped up and run in
            for a touchdown by linebacker Graham Stewart.[*]Connor Shaw, QB, South Carolina: Shaw didn't let
            the big stage bother him, as he passed for 230 yards and two
            touchdowns, including a nifty Hail Mary to end the first half. He also
            carried the ball for 42 yards and another touchdown.i[/list]

Comment

[/quote]Montee Ball returning to school

Sanu and Reiff are coming out[/quote] I wonder if the change in Draft pick money is having anything to do with so many retruning players ? How high do u think Brandon Boykin jumped his stock with his bowl game?

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]*I think Va Tech is gonna beat the Wolverines tommorow*** I see David Wilson going for 150yrd and at least a TD* and** they'll get enough outta Logan Thomas through the air and on the ground to give them the Win** Also i like Tech's D better** And the fact Tech is probably fuming off there pathetic effort in ACC title game**
              [/quote]U see Wilson is returning to school[/quote]

Really?* I didnt expect that.

Where did you hear that? I havent been able to find anything.
              [/quote]Sorry guys got bum infi from Twitter wont post that crap again until I see more then 1 source

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]I think Va Tech is gonna beat the Wolverines tommorow I see David Wilson going for 150yrd and at least a TD and they'll get enough outta Logan Thomas through the air and on the ground to give them the Win Also i like Tech's D better And the fact Tech is probably fuming off there pathetic effort in ACC title game
                [/quote]U see Wilson is returning to school[/quote]

Really? I didnt expect that.

Where did you hear that? I havent been able to find anything.
                [/quote]Sorry guys got bum infi from Twitter wont post that crap again until I see more then 1 source[/quote]
                Sok, but I am happy u were wrong hehe. I like that kid
                sigpic

Comment

I kinda feel like the refs gave that game to Michigan at the end there.

Sure seemed like that VT wr caught that ball to me.
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jonathan Banks "Miss St" is returning to school after getting a 4th round grade from the advisory board[/quote] really? Wow i thught banks would be a sure fire 2nd rounder** hes really good** Fletcher Cox is coming out and is a beast

Sanu and Reiff are coming out[/quote]* I wonder if the change in Draft pick money is having anything to do with so many retruning players ?***** How high do u think Brandon Boykin jumped his stock with his bowl game?[/quote]Sorry guys I think I got the Ball rumor from the same tweeter. i saw from a source i trust on there that Ball will decide tomorrow.Also saw that Ronnie Hillman is declaring.Man if all these RB;s come out some are bound slip into the middle rounds.Could get a great back in the 4th Round this year.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jonathan Banks "Miss St" is returning to school after getting a 4th round grade from the advisory board[/quote] really? Wow i thught banks would be a sure fire 2nd rounder hes really good Fletcher Cox is coming out and is a beast

Sanu and Reiff are coming out[/quote] I wonder if the change in Draft pick money is having anything to do with so many retruning players ? How high do u think Brandon Boykin jumped his stock with his bowl game?[/quote]Sorry guys I think I got the Ball rumor from the same tweeter. i saw from a source i trust on there that Ball will decide tomorrow.Also saw that Ronnie Hillman is declaring.Man if all these RB;s come out some are bound slip into the middle rounds.Could get a great back in the 4th Round this year.[/quote] wow if ball and hillman join lamar miller Chris Polk Bernard Pierce Doug martin Isaiah Pead Trent Richardson Lamichael James Terrance Ganaway and Vick Ballard your talking one seriously talented pool of RB's! I would think we could snag Ganaway in RD 4 or at least Ballard for sure if this is the case I gotta say i would not be opposed for taking Lamichael James in RD 2-3 if he were there as well To be honest i'd take any one of those backs i just mentioned and be stoked!

Comment

If RS Sophomore Sam Montgomery of LSU comes out he is my top Pass Rusher

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Jonathan Banks "Miss St" is returning to school after getting a 4th round grade from the advisory board[/quote] really? Wow i thught banks would be a sure fire 2nd rounder hes really good Fletcher Cox is coming out and is a beast

Sanu and Reiff are coming out[/quote] I wonder if the change in Draft pick money is having anything to do with so many retruning players ? How high do u think Brandon Boykin jumped his stock with his bowl game?[/quote]Sorry guys I think I got the Ball rumor from the same tweeter. i saw from a source i trust on there that Ball will decide tomorrow.Also saw that Ronnie Hillman is declaring.Man if all these RB;s come out some are bound slip into the middle rounds.Could get a great back in the 4th Round this year.[/quote] wow if ball and hillman join lamar miller Chris Polk Bernard Pierce Doug martin Isaiah Pead Trent Richardson Lamichael James Terrance Ganaway and Vick Ballard your talking one seriously talented pool of RB's! I would think we could snag Ganaway in RD 4 or at least Ballard for sure if this is the case I gotta say i would not be opposed for taking Lamichael James in RD 2-3 if he were there as well To be honest i'd take any one of those backs i just mentioned and be stoked!
                          [/quote]

I agree.

It couldnt come in a better year too. We are due to pay BJ $4.4 mill this spring. With all due respect to BJ and all he has done for us, I just dont see us paying him that type of cash. Miller, Ball, Wilson, Hillman, Polk, Pierce, Pead, TR, LJ are all guys I love. I may expand on that list as I get a better look at some other guys this offseason.

I was also looking at our TE group and currently we have 1 TE(Beckum...ugh) who is signed for next year. I may ned to start looking closer at some of the mid/late round TEs cause it is beginning to seem likely we address that position too.
                          sigpic

Comment

Tyker Eifert received a 3rd round grade from the advisory board doubt he declares.I think thats crazy he is an early 2nd rounder on my board

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Tyker Eifert received a 3rd round grade from the advisory board doubt he declares.I think thats crazy he is an early 2nd rounder on my board[/quote]

This years bowl game had to help his stock. I would think he goes before 3rd too.
                              sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Tyker Eifert received a 3rd round grade from the advisory board doubt he declares.I think thats crazy he is an early 2nd rounder on my board[/quote]

This years bowl game had to help his stock. I would think he goes before 3rd too.
                                [/quote]Well I thought Eifert would be a good addition to our offense. I guess Allen and Fleener are the top 2 TEs coming into the draft. Orson Charles has looked pretty good this year. I dont think his blocking may be as good some. Anyone have any opinions of that TE from Missouri--Egnew? I see his is a senior.

But Santa, I agree, TE should be addressed. The Beckum experiment is over IMO. Lets get a compliment for Ballard.

I do like the class of RBs coming out in this draft. The Giants would not even have to stretch to get a good RB, should the Giants decide to part ways with Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X