A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="heavyhitter"]AP Sources: LSU CB Claiborne turning pro[/quote]Brockers is as well. He isnt ready to come out. Weak lineman draft he probably got a first round grade. Dude is a freak 6'6" 290.Probably more of a 3-4 end though. I think he was better off staying for his game

Comment

Thouhts on Danny Trevathan? Anyone...

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]

Demps chooses different path, will go pro in track

[/quote]

damn i wanted to see his 40 time.

Comment

[quote user="myles2424"]Thouhts on Danny Trevathan? Anyone...[/quote] I like him alot and see some young michael boley in him but as i said last yr when we drafted Jaquian Williams we may have gotten alot better player then where we drafted him simply because he came out with not much expierence and teams didn't have alot to go on with him but if u projected with him and assumed he played just as well if not better then he did his Jr season he could of gotten as high as a RD 2 pick.. So in theory we might of gotten sensational value by taking williams a yr early(and i love when reese does stuff like this!!) So what i'm getting at is we may just have our future stud starting Will LB all ready on board..

But all that said i would understand if we were to take a stab at another WLB in a early ish round as long as the value's there.. Trevathan is a nice looking prospect but i think we got just as good a prospect with Williams like 3rounds later then where Trevathan is gonna go.. That is where reese really specializes in his drafts(getting value) How much better is Trevathan gonna be then Williams? Chances are not much if at all.. Now if were talking Travis Lewis I could understand because Travis was a possible 1st round pick had he came out last yr and the potential for a super star WLB is there so i can see taking a chance on that in a early round despite having Williams on board but i don't feel the same way about Trevathan(all though if Trevathan is there in say RD 4 or 5 u gotta take em!)

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"]AP Sources: LSU CB Claiborne turning pro[/quote]Brockers is as well. He isnt ready to come out. Weak lineman draft he probably got a first round grade. Dude is a freak 6'6" 290.Probably more of a 3-4 end though. I think he was better off staying for his game[/quote] Your Gm of the Giants and you got Devon Still/Brockers/and Fletcher Cox all still on the board in RD 1/Pick 26 Who u Taking? Thats tuff!

Comment

God there are some freaking stud DT's in this draft! With Brockers and Cox both coming into this draft and added to Devon Still/ Derek Wolfe/ Brandon Thompson/ Jerel Worthy/ Kendall Reyes/ marcus forston/ Jared Crick .. I bet u Jerry Reese is licking his chops!!!lol

Comment

This yrs draft is gonna be so hard to perdict who the Giants are gonna take.. Obviously things will change as far as where prospects are perdicted to go with the All Star games and Combine still to come but judging from where these guys are kinda perdicted to go as of now its anyones guess who the Giants will take? You got DT with guys like Cox and Worthy and Still possibly being attractive to reese and then u got guys like mike adams and peter konz on the oline who could possibly be on the board and potential needs for us and of course with TT coming off injury and Ross up for FA'cy u could see guys like minnifeild j jenkins casey hayward possibly being there and the pick.. Then u got RB with jacobs probably done in NY and guys like Lamar miller possibly out there and with TE u could argue Dwayne Allen late in RD 1 is not a bad way to go.. So hard to perdict this season where the giants might go..

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]* This yrs draft is gonna be so hard to perdict who the Giants are gonna take..*** Obviously things will change as far as where prospects are perdicted to go with the All Star games and Combine still to come** but judging from where these guys are kinda perdicted to go as of now*** its anyones guess who the Giants will take?** You got* DT* with guys like Cox and Worthy and Still possibly being attractive to reese and then u got* guys like mike adams and peter konz on the oline** who could possibly be on the board and potential needs for us*** and of course with TT coming off injury and Ross up for FA'cy*** u could see guys like minnifeild*** j jenkins** casey hayward possibly being there and the pick..* Then u got* RB with jacobs probably done in NY and guys like Lamar miller possibly out there** and* with TE*** u could argue Dwayne Allen late in RD 1 is not a bad way to go..* So hard to perdict this season where the giants might go..
                  [/quote]This draft lacks elite players and Im all for trading completely out of the first round. I would love to trade are first this year for a 2nd this year and a first next year.I agree that Worthy and Cox could be guys the Giants target.

Did U check out the Hayward video I put up.Its him vs Arkansas. He battles Jarius Wright for in man for a lot of it. Wright beats him a couple times which is expected because Wrights a great receiver but Casey has 6 PD's in the game. I liked this video because to me Hayward is more of a zone corner but sticking with a player with the quickness Wright has in man coverage showed me a lot.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nyANTnwBEI[/link]

Comment

Im looking at some of these names declaring for the 2012 Draft and wondering who is giving them advice because they arent getting drafted.U dont declare early if your going to be an UDFA thats just stupid.Get your degree

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]*God there are some freaking stud* DT's in this draft!* With Brockers and Cox both coming into this draft and added to* Devon Still/ Derek Wolfe/ Brandon Thompson/ Jerel Worthy/ Kendall Reyes/* marcus forston/ Jared Crick ..**** I bet u Jerry Reese is licking his chops!!!lol
                      [/quote]Yeah I like some of the DT's. Wish I had more tape on Derek Wolfe but all the games I have are crap quality.

Comment

TonyPauline Tony Pauline
                        Area scouts & sources tell me Kendall Wright/WR/Baylor ranks as the #1 wide out on #NFLDraft boards for a lot of teams: tfydraft.com

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]TonyPauline Tony Pauline
                          Area scouts & sources tell me Kendall Wright/WR/Baylor ranks as the #1 wide out on #NFLDraft boards for a lot of teams: tfydraft.com[/quote]

That's nuts.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]* This yrs draft is gonna be so hard to perdict who the Giants are gonna take..*** Obviously things will change as far as where prospects are perdicted to go with the All Star games and Combine still to come** but judging from where these guys are kinda perdicted to go as of now*** its anyones guess who the Giants will take?** You got* DT* with guys like Cox and Worthy and Still possibly being attractive to reese and then u got* guys like mike adams and peter konz on the oline** who could possibly be on the board and potential needs for us*** and of course with TT coming off injury and Ross up for FA'cy*** u could see guys like minnifeild*** j jenkins** casey hayward possibly being there and the pick..* Then u got* RB with jacobs probably done in NY and guys like Lamar miller possibly out there** and* with TE*** u could argue Dwayne Allen late in RD 1 is not a bad way to go..* So hard to perdict this season where the giants might go..
                            [/quote]

Honestly I really like Allen too. Why not make one of our strengths (passing game) even stronger with a legit receiving threat at the TE position. I think he has the potential to be one of those top 5 TEs a la Jimmy Graham, Gonkowski, etc.

I feel like Worthy might drop and we could possibly get him in the 2nd round which would be great.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]
                              Did U check out the Hayward video I put up.Its him vs Arkansas. He battles Jarius Wright for in man for a lot of it. Wright beats him a couple times which is expected because Wrights a great receiver but Casey has 6 PD's in the game. I liked this video because to me Hayward is more of a zone corner but sticking with a player with the quickness Wright has in man coverage showed me a lot.

[link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nyANTnwBEI[/link][/quote]

I've seen vids of Hayward. He lacks speed, but he has tremendous ball skills. I'd take a look at him in the third round. Though I've seen some mocks with him as high in the late second.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]TonyPauline Tony Pauline
                                Area scouts & sources tell me Kendall Wright/WR/Baylor ranks as the #1 wide out on #NFLDraft boards for a lot of teams: tfydraft.com[/quote] Hes come along way since i named him as a player to watch in the opening game against TCU ey? lol

Comment

Working...
                                X