A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="critters"]I WISH we could be in play for a guy like Upshaw.[/quote]

IMO, he does not have the length the giants look for in their pass rushers.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="critters"]I WISH we could be in play for a guy like Upshaw.[/quote]

IMO, he does not have the length the giants look for in their pass rushers.[/quote]

Won't matter anyway.. he'll be a top 10-15 pick.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote] Usually guys that play the ball well get there hand on a pass once and awhile

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Usually guys that play the ball well get there hand on a pass once and awhile[/quote]

he has for his career 7 interceptions and 24 pass breakups.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="DragonSoul"]so who might be there for us as BAP @ pick 31/32?[/quote]* Alot of players at this point that could be there..* As of now* this is probably the top 5or so guys i think have at least a possiblity of being there when we pick.

Dwayne Allen TE Clemson
            - Explosive TE that is a complete TE and would give us a great 1/2 punch with Jake Ballard at the positon

Fletcher Cox DT miss st
            -* I'd be surprised if he were there* but he could be and i'd think with Rock Bernard being a FA and* Canty getting alittle long in the tooth and Austin missing 2straight yrs of development*** he'd be on there list of possibles...

mike adams OT Ohio St- Hes gonna rise well into the mid 1st rd stages becuase of his long arms/big hands and perfect body type(6ft 7in 323lb) ** solid competiton and potential of sticking at LT in the pro's ** but if he is somehow there** when we pick*** its hard to imagine the GIANTS not pouncing on him*** as* we only have Beatty and Brewer for the Tackle positon* once we let Diehl go after the season as a cap casualty.. Adams would be a bigtime asset in the Run Game..

Vontaze Burfict LB Arz St-* Obviously the potential is there for this kid to be a total dominating* force in the NFL** but he came up short this past yr*** and really didn't look good..* Hes tabbed as a head case and its gonna take a good coaching job to get this kid right in the head.. COughlin and Crew could be the right coaches for the job* and picking at the end of RD 1**** a guy with Burficts potential** at a positon of need* is tough to pass up..

Chase minnifield CB Virginia
            - Kinda a long shot at going CB again this yr* but* Ross and TT are both FA's and we seen how quick your depth can be depleted through injury..** I could see* a guy like chase/ Janoris Jenkins* or* a sleeper Casey Hayward* possibly going to us at the end of RD 1 if** we feel its out best value

Hon mention-* Jerel Worthy DT mich St/* Lamar miller RB the U/* Cordy Glenn G Georgia /* Peter Konz C Wisconsin /

Those are the guys i have a feeling will be in the mix with us*** with a few of em perdicted to go a bit before* us*** but u never know when u start talking* picks 15-end of 1st rd** in the Draft** because all it takes is a few curveballs and guys start dropping that weren't expected..* my guess as of today** is that one of those names above** will end up in BLUE next season
            [/quote]Thanks for the insight.
            Peace,
            DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Usually guys that play the ball well get there hand on a pass once and awhile[/quote]

he has for his career 7 interceptions and 24 pass breakups.[/quote] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year

I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year

I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any[/quote]

Yea, I wonder if he was doing different things...
                IE- I know he was actually playing a bit of corner earlier in his college career, maybe as he got older they moved him more and more to deep third, where you just dont get as many opportunities to get your hands on the ball, especially if teams respect you and try to keep it away from you.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote]

All the reports I am seeing say he has been among the best zone Dbs at the senior bowl, if not the best.
                  sigpic

Comment

Kendall Reyes is making noise at the sr bowl from what i've read.. Hes a guy that made some noise early on this season and got his stock going pretty good and then u kinda stopped hering about em and now hes getting his stock back up there.. I woulden't be surprised if he ends up going very early 3rd rd..

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

Cant say I agree with that. He can play the ball in the air, takes good angles. He played deep safety almost every snap in college.[/quote]

All the reports I am seeing say he has been among the best zone Dbs at the senior bowl, if not the best.
                      [/quote] I read he got smoked by Umass FB/TE Emil Igwenagu on one play..

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]
                        His 1v1 cover skills arent as good as his zone. I have read that a couple times. But, most agree that is expected out of a 6'4 guy.

Evey db gets beaten too.

I just think a guy like this is interesting. The new stiffer rules on DBs and playing physical, combined with the rules which discourage the "enforcer" type safety I do think teams will start seeking out rangey guys who fill and block passing lanes. If this kid is capable of moving around back there at 6'4 he is going to be 1 tough SoB to throw over.

I wasnt really expecting much from him coming into the senior bowl. But, he is 1 of the guys I keep reading about.
                        sigpic

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"] Not much going on this year though. Most of those numbers came his freshman year

I still have his 2010 game vs Nevada. I want to see if he matches up with Virgil green any[/quote]

Yea, I wonder if he was doing different things...
                          IE- I know he was actually playing a bit of corner earlier in his college career, maybe as he got older they moved him more and more to deep third, where you just dont get as many opportunities to get your hands on the ball, especially if teams respect you and try to keep it away from you.[/quote]I may be getting a different impression because im watching the last 3 games with him playing mostly CB .He played well in man coverage against ASU.He got matched up with Gerrel Robinson a few times. Anyway if he is doing different things in 2010 that will be even better. Can get a real good feel for his overall game.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]* I read he got smoked by Umass FB/TE Emil Igwenagu on one play..**
                            [/quote]
                            His 1v1 cover skills arent as good as his zone. I have read that a couple times. But, most agree that is expected out of a 6'4 guy.

Evey db gets beaten too.

I just think a guy like this is interesting. The new stiffer rules on DBs and playing physical, combined with the rules which discourage the "enforcer" type safety I do think teams will start seeking out rangey guys who fill and block passing lanes. If this kid is capable of moving around back there at 6'4 he is going to be 1 tough SoB to throw over.

I wasnt really expecting much from him coming into the senior bowl. But, he is 1 of the guys I keep reading about.
                            [/quote]Ive seen playing of guys talk about him from his tape being slow on breaking on the ball and taking poor angles. I have a few Boise State games from 2010 and earlier in the year im going to go through them.Ive been watching the latest ones with him playing mostly CB.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]Im not at the Senior Bowl. Im talking about what Ive seen during games.

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]] He can play man coverage well.He is a safety that struggles in zone coverage..[/quote]

[/quote]

Evey db gets beaten too.

[/quote] I read one report saying he might end up being a LB/S hybrid . I mocked em to us to fill the roll of Deon Grant which i think he'd do great job of.. Do u have any clue what the big diffrence is between Iloka and last yrs similar player Robert Sands? Does Iloka fall into that category or that of Kenny Tate?

Comment

Working...
                                X