A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"] I m moving today guys and it could be a few days or possibly more before i'm back up(unless i use a freinds computer or something) So if u don't here from me for a bit thats why.. Be well!!!
    [/quote]
    Ahh cool. Parol Officer finally letting you move out of that half-way house huh? jk

Gluck with the move. Better you than me.
    sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] I m moving today guys and it could be a few days or possibly more before i'm back up(unless i use a freinds computer or something) So if u don't here from me for a bit thats why.. Be well!!!
      [/quote]
      Ahh cool. Parol Officer finally letting you move out of that half-way house huh? jk

Gluck with the move. Better you than me.
      [/quote] what? Your a weird dude

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Vinny Curry just ate Zerbie sanders up for huge sack! Sanders having a tough week!
        [/quote]
        I was happy about that. I've seen him mocked to the Giants in a number of drafts and I would be super pissed if that happened. Hoping that him getting embarrassed enough times will help decrease the chance of that happening.

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="critters"]All my guys are getting great reviews which is good to hear.

In regards to Dre Kirkpatrick... a lot of his hype is a result of his upside. He has great size and reach, good speed and plays physical. Teams stayed away from him for the most part. He has everything you need to be a lockdown corner but I think he is still developing. In 2010 it was obvious to me that Menzie was the best CB on Alabama's squad, but in 2011 Dre really turned up his game and pretty much evened it out. The only thing that separates them IMO is Dre's size. Menzie is a PHENOMENAL player and I think his stock is going to rise as we get closer to the draft. I've always rated him higher than D Robinson who I have thought would drop a bit as we got closer.
          [/quote]Maybe a bold statement, but I think Janoris Jenkins will be a more productive CB in the NFL opposed to Dre Kirkpatrick. I always thought Jenkins was just as good as Joe Haden at UF. Kirkpatrick has got all the tools to be a great DB & will most likely be the 2nd CB off the board after Mo Claiborne but I still think as far as production at the next level, Jenkins has got the edge.
          [/quote]

I wouldn't be at all surprised by that. Janoris Jenkins is going to be helluva player in the NFL.

Comment

So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

Supposedly he got a late 1st/ early 2nd from the advisory board. He's got the Size/Speed combo that the G-Men like. This seems to be shaping up to be a decent DT class, even if the DE's are lacking. (not as great as last year, but still good).

Edit: I also wonder if Dontari Poe (DT-Memphis) isn't also on JR's radar... Dude is just MASSIVE at 6'5" 350, and with long arms to boot. From what I've read about him he moves far better than any man that size has any right to. Sideline Scouting compares him to Ngata.

I'd hate to be an O-lineman with him an Joseph in the middle... Who do you double? Both? then that leaves Tuck or JPP singled and the other one only gets chipped or gets a TE/RB to block them.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

Supposedly he got a late 1st/ early 2nd from the advisory board. He's got the Size/Speed combo that the G-Men like. This seems to be shaping up to be a decent DT class, even if the DE's are lacking. (not as great as last year, but still good).
              [/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

[/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him[/quote]

Thankya sir. That's about the read I've been getting. Right now, ya gotta feel as though the G-Men's D-line is the best place in the league for "raw" high-upside guys. Plenty of time to grow, and a phenomenal group to learn from.

I edited it in after you posted, but any thoughts on Poe (not just Redeye)?

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

[/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him[/quote]

Thankya sir. That's about the read I've been getting. Right now, ya gotta feel as though the G-Men's D-line is the best place in the league for "raw" high-upside guys. Plenty of time to grow, and a phenomenal group to learn from.

I edited it in after you posted, but any thoughts on Poe (not just Redeye)?
                  [/quote]Havent seen much of him not enough to give a good opinion

Comment

What people have to remember with Brockers is he is still young.Compare him as a Soph to Still as a Soph ,Fletcher Cox,Fairly,Suh or Worthy he has better tape. It is a risk but if he takes the jump like the other tackles seem to do in that Junior year your getting an elite talent

Comment

And now for some hump-day fun... Mock Draft Round Up!

NFL.com

(note: most of these are from last week or older, so they're probably picks for the '9ers)

Bucky Brooks: Dont'A Hightower (ILB, Alabama)
                      Elliot Harrison: Mohamed Sanu (WR, Rutgers)
                      Chad Reuter: Alshon Jeffery (WR, SC)
                      Charles Davis: Alshon Jeffery
                      Albert Breer: Alshon Jeffery
                      Adam Rank: Mohamed Sanu
                      Micheal Fabiano: Dwight Jones (WR, NC)
                      Matt Smith: Coby Fleener (TE, Stanford)
                      Pat Kirwan: Mohamed Sanu
                      Heath Evans: Dontari Poe (DT, Memphis)
                      Steve Wyche: Mohamed Sanu
                      Dave Dameshek: Alshon Jeffery
                      Jason Smith: Mohamed Sanu

CBS Scouting
                      Rob Rang: Mike Adams (OT, Ohio State)
                      Dane Brugler: Cordy Glenn (OG, Georgia)

Walter Football
                      Round 1: Dwayne Allen (TE, Clemson)
                      Round 2: Brandon Boykin (CB, Georgia)
                      Round 3: Nate Potter (OT/G, Boise)
                      Round 4: James-Micheal Johnson (ILB, Nevada)

-Charlie Cambell-
                      Round 1: Vontaze Burfict (ILB, Arizona St.)
                      Round 2: Bobbie Massey (OT, Ole Miss)
                      Round 3: Ryan Miller (G, Colorado)
                      Round 4: Bernard Pierce (RB, Temple)

I think that's enough for now...

Comment

ya, if you click on the nfl.com ones it shows them reversed.

So heres nfl.com

Bucky - Hightower
                        Davis - Hightower
                        Reuter - Poe
                        Harrison - Mike Adams
                        Breer - Hightower

and thats all i have.

Comment

Evans - Kuechly
                          Wyche- Burfict
                          Dameshek - Osemele

obviously dated

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]ya, if you click on the nfl.com ones it shows them reversed.

So heres nfl.com

Bucky - Hightower
                            Davis - Hightower
                            Reuter - Poe
                            Harrison - Mike Adams
                            Breer - Hightower

and thats all i have.[/quote]

That looks more likely, but honestly, even if 'Rio doesn't leave, I think I'd rather have Jeffery or Sanu than Hightower. I don't really like him for our D, at least now, before the combine. (with the caveat that if JR were to pick him up, I'll support the decision. JR's earned that, at least).

Then again, I have plenty of faith in the receiving corps' depth behind
                            'Rio. I don't doubt that Barden/Thomas/Jernigan would step up into the
                            #3 receiver role and play well.

The more I read about him, I DO like the Poe pick.

Scouting report (Sideline Scouting):
                            Dontari Poe (DT, Memphis) 6'5" 350

Positives -- Massive size, dominates the line of scrimmage,
                            demands double teams due to his sheer size, occupies blockers and clogs
                            up running lanes, collapses the pocket with power... Has the reputation
                            as a workout warrior, very impressive strength, looks every bit of 350
                            pounds but carries his weight well because of his height, penetrates easily in one-on-one
                            situations... Unreal combination of size, strength and length, thick
                            trunk and long arms, doesn't let blockers latch on, gets his hands up in
                            passing lanes when he can't get to the quarterback... Surprising
                            athleticism, impressive first step, consistent get-off, good initial
                            quickness, can beat linemen with his get-off and one move; reasonably
                            good COD, runs well for a big man... Can penetrate into the backfield to
                            disrupt running plays... Adequate range, chases the action out to the
                            flanks, reliable tackler, ball carrier goes down even if Poe just gets a
                            piece of him, a powerful hitter who can jar the ball loose... Plays
                            with a better motor than given credit for, stays active, doesn't take
                            plays off... Has played in all but one game during his collegiate
                            career, missed 2009 Houston game due to a death in the family... Will
                            probably be the first nose tackle off the board, can play multiple
                            positions and is scheme diverse, will be a hot commodity as more teams
                            move toward a 3-4 base defense; has lined up at tackle and end for
                            Memphis, projects to defensive tackle, nose tackle or 5-technique in the
                            NFL... Will be over-drafted because of his size and strength and
                            because his ceiling is through the roof; works hard, mature, team
                            captain, so his potential is attainable with good coaching... Would like
                            to see him used similarly to how the Ravens use Haloti Ngata, would
                            best utilize his combination of strength and length, could still swing
                            inside in certain packages, really don't see him playing full-time at
                            nose tackle in a three-man front.

Negatives -- Pass rush ability is subpar despite impressive
                            get-off, struggles to disengage once blocked, limited potential in this
                            area, only flashes a rip move and nothing else... Lacks the anchor and
                            balance of an elite 3-4 nose tackle prospect and disappeared for
                            stretches at a time playing at Memphis; moving him off the line of
                            scrimmage is easier than expected... Doesn't always maintain gap
                            responsibilities, blockers can easily seal him out of the play... Lacks
                            ideal awareness of the ball carrier, he often ends up out of position to
                            prevent backs from crossing the line of scrimmage... Staying low is
                            difficult, comes out of his stance too high and can be driven off the
                            ball; his height serves as a disadvantage, shorter centers have the
                            natural leverage advantage and can get their hands into his chest,
                            doesn't disengage well versus double teams... Gives up a ton of leverage
                            at 6'5", ideal 3-4 nose tackle height is around 6'1" or 6'2" such as
                            Casey Hampton, Vince Wilfork, Aubrayo Franklin or B.J. Raji... His
                            ability to line up at nose tackle in a three-man front is questioned due
                            to his lack of leverage and balance, has the size of a 3-4 nose but not
                            the skill set, would be a more natural fit in a 4-3 or as a 3-4 DE
                            (5-technique), doesn't project to 3-4 nose as well as his weight would
                            suggest... A boom or bust prospect who isn't near NFL-ready, very raw,
                            technique needs work, lacks polish, draft stock is based mostly on
                            potential at this point, needs significant development before he is even
                            ready to be included as part of a rotation, will take a season or two
                            before he develops into a real force inside... He is probably a fourth
                            round prospect right now on tape that will go in either the first or
                            second round based on his size, strength and potential, is overrated
                            because of freakish athletic tools... Lack of competition playing in
                            Conference USA, wasn't very productive in college and didn't stand out
                            on tape like a top prospect should versus a lower-tier FBS conference.

Comment

Redeye....Do you have any tape on Stephon Gilmore?
                              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Michael Brockers is a very, very talented tackle. Long arms, great burst, extremely high upside .. tremendous fit for the Giants.

Flying under the radar right now. By draft time I fully expect him to be in top 15 talk. No way he makes it to the giants

Comment

Working...
                                X