A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Neverend"]Michael Brockers is a very, very talented tackle. Long arms, great burst, extremely high upside .. tremendous fit for the Giants.

Flying under the radar right now. By draft time I fully expect him to be in top 15 talk. No way he makes it to the giants[/quote]I dont think he is under the radar ive seen plenty of people put him in the Top 10.His tape doesnt really deserve that grade though.If i was grading on his tape alone and not his upside potential he would be a 2nd round pick

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"]ya, if you click on the nfl.com ones it shows them reversed.

So heres nfl.com

Bucky - Hightower
      Davis - Hightower
      Reuter - Poe
      Harrison - Mike Adams
      Breer - Hightower

and thats all i have.[/quote]I think Mike Adams would be the slam dunk choice for the Giants if he was there I just dont see him being available.I look at Mock drafts and see him hovering in there neighborhood.I just dont see someone with that size and level of athleticism at LT lasting to 32.

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]Redeye....Do you have any tape on Stephon Gilmore?[/quote]I have a couple games up will put up more

Stephon Gilmore vs Nebraska
        [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fBJfuKfuKA[/link]

Stephon Gilmore vs Alabama 2010
        [link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkEmOdf4Ks[/link]

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

Supposedly he got a late 1st/ early 2nd from the advisory board. He's got the Size/Speed combo that the G-Men like. This seems to be shaping up to be a decent DT class, even if the DE's are lacking. (not as great as last year, but still good).
          [/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him[/quote]

Thankya sir. That's about the read I've been getting. Right now, ya gotta feel as though the G-Men's D-line is the best place in the league for "raw" high-upside guys. Plenty of time to grow, and a phenomenal group to learn from.

I edited it in after you posted, but any thoughts on Poe (not just Redeye)?
          [/quote]

A DT ...I dunno were gunna have Marvin Austin coming back and Linval Joseph was just drafted in 2010...

What do people think of David Wilson out of Virginia Tech ??

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="Raptor22"]So, what does everyone think of Micheal Brockers (DT-LSU)?

Supposedly he got a late 1st/ early 2nd from the advisory board. He's got the Size/Speed combo that the G-Men like. This seems to be shaping up to be a decent DT class, even if the DE's are lacking. (not as great as last year, but still good).
            [/quote] People seem to love him or hate him. I see a very athletic long defender that isnt a finished product yet "RS Soph". A lot of times Tackels arent overly productive till there Junior years. The upside here is very high and if he was available i would be all for drafting him[/quote]

Thankya sir. That's about the read I've been getting. Right now, ya gotta feel as though the G-Men's D-line is the best place in the league for "raw" high-upside guys. Plenty of time to grow, and a phenomenal group to learn from.

I edited it in after you posted, but any thoughts on Poe (not just Redeye)?
            [/quote]Havent seen much at all of Poe. There r like 2 games up from 2010 thats it.

Just saw that Cam Johnson has a sickle cell trait.He cant handle playing a lot of snaps,he just wears down.He probably can only play 25-30 snaps a game. He really has a nice explosion off the edge though and the giants are one team that limiting snaps wouldnt be a big deal. There r about 90 NFL players with the same trait one being Geno Atkins

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]There r about 90 NFL players with the same trait one being Geno Atkins[/quote]

Did not know that, Atkins plays a ton of snaps though.

Comment

I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

Beckum is our only TE signed for 2012, and he tore his ACL.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"]I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

[/quote]I don't think it went to the top but it definitely is a concern. Beckum tore his right ACL and Ballard sprained his knee. Pretty sure Bear Pascoe and Jake Ballard are RFA's. You got any TE's in mind?

Comment

There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.
                    "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

[/quote]I don't think it went to the top but it definitely is a concern. Beckum tore his right ACL and Ballard sprained his knee. Pretty sure Bear Pascoe and Jake Ballard are RFA's. You got any TE's in mind?
                      [/quote]

Ballard is a RFA. Pascoe is not.

Initial reports were a sprained knee on Ballard. I would be surprised if
                      that remains the case after further evaluation. He could not put any
                      weight on it after reinjuring it on the sideline.

The typical recovery period for ACL would not have Beckum ready for the 2012 season. Even if he were ready, he would be severely diminished(think Hixon this year with even less recovery time.)

Again, that means there is a very real posibility that we have zero TEs on the roster available to play next season.

No other position on the roster is this void. It has to be up there on the need chart. Its not alone , but it is at the top.

And I agree with Ti2, Fleener and Allen are the best fits for what we do.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="BlueSanta"]I know we are a BPA team, but considering how that Superbowl went, I think TE may have just gone to the top of the need chart.

[/quote]

Ballard is a RFA. Pascoe is not.

Initial reports were a sprained knee on Ballard. I would be surprised if
                        that remains the case after further evaluation. He could not put any
                        weight on it after reinjuring it on the sideline.

The typical recovery period for ACL would not have Beckum ready for the 2012 season. Even if he were ready, he would be severely diminished(think Hixon this year with even less recovery time.)

Again, that means there is a very real posibility that we have zero TEs on the roster available to play next season.

No other position on the roster is this void. It has to be up there on the need chart. Its not alone , but it is at the top.

And I agree with Ti2, Fleener and Allen are the best fits for what we do.

[/quote]Yea, Beckum isn't gonna be able to go for the 2012 season but I would think Ballard gets resigned. I think TE/FB Bear Pascoe gets resigned as well (great at blocking). So that leaves Ballard & Pascoe at TE. I like Ballard and what he has done for the Giants this year but we could use another guy like you're saying. Who do you have in mind besides Allen and Fleener?

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?
                            [/quote]Egnew is way to soft and nowhere near as explosive as Fleener very similar to Chase Coffman.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="titwio"]There's two definite possibilities....Either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener. Fleener is 6'6 and bigger than Allen. He would probably be more on the Giants radar IMO but I don't think there's any way the Giants take him in the first.[/quote]What about Michael Egnew (Missouri), 6"6, 245 lbs. Could possibly be around in the 3rd to 4th round range. Thoughts?
                              [/quote]Egnew is way to soft and nowhere near as explosive as Fleener very similar to Chase Coffman.[/quote]Realize Fleener has got much more to offer in terms of talent, but he's also projected as a what, late 1st, early 2nd rounder. Do you think the Giants are going to target at TE that early in the draft?

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Realize Fleener has got much more to offer in terms of talent, but he's also projected as a what, late 1st, early 2nd rounder. Do you think the Giants are going to target at TE that early in the draft?
                                [/quote]

wouldnt be the first time they took a TE in the first.

Realistically you have to consider the 32nd overall pick as more of an early 2nd in terms of value. That late in the first positions you normally wouldnt target in the first are considered, TE, S, G/C, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X