A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="titwio"][quote user="slipknottin"]Saw a mock draft earlier today that had Keuchly falling all the way to 32 because of his "average" athleticism. How interesting would that be.[/quote] It would interestingly mean he would end up in blue. I would have no complaints with it either. Seriously there is no way he goes to 32...I'm calling fraud.[/quote]Depends how he tests at the combine.If he tests poorly he could drop into the early 2nd.[/quote]

Even if he has an "average" combine I could see him falling... And I think his instincts/mental footwork makes him look faster than he is (he's definitely fluid though).

Herz, Kuechly, and Boley together would make for a damn fine LB corp.

Comment

Supposedly Alabama S, Mark Barron will be out until July/August with a double hernia

If that's true, that could KILL his stock. Tough break...

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"]Supposedly Alabama S, Mark Barron will be out until July/August with a double hernia

[/quote]I can't imagine a double hernia would keep you out that long. Heck I had a double hernia and I was back quickly. These guys are in infinitely better shape than me, so I just don't see that happening.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"]Supposedly Alabama S, Mark Barron will be out until July/August with a double hernia

[/quote]

Makes for greater value pick for whatever team does pick him up.

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Marijuana charge against Dre Kirkpatrick has been dismissed thats good news for him[/quote]

Regardless, I think the damage has been done to even be involved in anything like this this close to the combine. It's not about the what, but when.

Comment

[quote user="NCGiant23"][quote user="Raptor22"]Supposedly Alabama S, Mark Barron will be out until July/August with a double hernia

[/quote]I can't imagine a double hernia would keep you out that long.* Heck I had a double hernia and I was back quickly.* These guys are in infinitely better shape than me, so I just don't see that happening.
            [/quote]He will miss all of the mini camps will be ready for camp though

Comment

I have zero interest in a first round linebacker now, regardless of what linebackers are still available. I think it's a virtual lock that of these three positions: OT, CB, or TE; there will be a player that will provide us with more value/impact than any linebacker in this draft could.

Comment

[quote user="lawl"]I have zero interest in a first round linebacker now, regardless of what linebackers are still available. I think it's a virtual lock that of these three positions: OT, CB, or TE; there will be a player that will provide us with more value/impact than any linebacker in this draft could.[/quote]

only LB i would have interest in is Kuechly.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]I have zero interest in a first round linebacker now, regardless of what linebackers are still available. I think it's a virtual lock that of these three positions: OT, CB, or TE; there will be a player that will provide us with more value/impact than any linebacker in this draft could.[/quote]

only LB i would have interest in is Kuechly.[/quote]I like Bobby Wagner and James Michael Johnson think both of those guys are nice players

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="lawl"]I have zero interest in a first round linebacker now, regardless of what linebackers are still available. I think it's a virtual lock that of these three positions: OT, CB, or TE; there will be a player that will provide us with more value/impact than any linebacker in this draft could.[/quote]

only LB i would have interest in is Kuechly.[/quote]I like Bobby Wagner and James Michael Johnson think both of those guys are nice players[/quote]

In the first round? I think that's what he means

Comment

Haven't really heard much about Travis Lewis lately. The guy is still a talented linebacker with great instincts, speed, and athleticism. His size is a concern though in man coverage against big TEs.

I would take him at the bottom of the 2nd

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"]Haven't really heard much about Travis Lewis lately. The guy is still a talented linebacker with great instincts, speed, and athleticism. His size is a concern though in man coverage against big TEs.

I would take him at the bottom of the 2nd[/quote]

Yep, if hes there has to be strongly considered. He can play MLB in a tampa 2. Perfect for what the giants are looking for.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Neverend"]Haven't really heard much about Travis Lewis lately. The guy is still a talented linebacker with great instincts, speed, and athleticism. His size is a concern though in man coverage against big TEs.

I would take him at the bottom of the 2nd[/quote]

Yep, if hes there has to be strongly considered. He can play MLB in a tampa 2. Perfect for what the giants are looking for.[/quote]

My only worry with Lewis is his health... especially on this team.

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"]
                            My only worry with Lewis is his health... especially on this team.[/quote]

I dont think there are any injury concerns with him.

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="Raptor22"]
                              My only worry with Lewis is his health... especially on this team.[/quote]

I dont think there are any injury concerns with him.[/quote]

He played much of this past season with a broken toe that really effected his mobility. But, I am with Slip, I havent seen anything about his injury being long term. I think he is a good player.
                              sigpic

Comment

Florida prospects invited to the 2012 NFL Combine :

Florida
                                RB Chris Rainey
                                RB Jeff Demps
                                DT Jaye Howard
                                CB Janoris Jenkins (UNA)

Florida State
                                OT Zebrie Sanders
                                LB Nigel Bradham
                                OT Andrew Datko
                                CB Mike Harris
                                TE Beau Reliford
                                P Shawn Powell