A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

Hey GMB draft Guru's what do you guys think about Mitchell Schwartz from Cal. I like Mike Adams, and Jonathan Martin, but if we miss out on the bigger named OT's do you think Schwartz would be a nice addition in the 2nd, maybe mid 3rd if we finagle a deal??
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

[quote user="critters"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="BluGiantPies"]Hey red eye how is
      it that yoshi hardrick isn't talked about as one of the top tackles in
      the draft I know he didn't start many games and his run blocking looks
      like it needs a bit of work but he is a mountain of a man and like you
      said about zebrie sanders teams are always looking for tackles. I
      watched every vid of him on YouTube I could find and it doesn't make
      sense to me.[/quote]Yoshi Hardwick has technique issues and doesnt have
      the quickest feet.Some say he is soft up top and isnt a hard worker.i
      have a hard time believing that reading the kids story.I think he has
      more to work with then some of the later round guys though.He blocks
      with attitude as well.

When Hardrick was being recruited out of the small Kansas community
      college, he had some heavy-hitting SEC schools knocking on his door. In
      fact, Hardrick originally committed to LSU while at Fort Scott. A
      southern boy himself, Hardrick couldnít wait to get back.

There was only one thing stopping him: Lavonte David.

LSU didnít want David. Neither did any of the other SEC schools Hardrick
      talked to. It was clear that Hardrick wanted to stick with his best
      friend, though. He wanted them to keep playing with the playmaking
      linebacker. Where Yoshi ended up as a result was in the air.

Enter Bo Pelini.

Nebraska offered Hardrick, but before the lineman would commit, he had a
      single request: Offer David too. The next day, the Cornhuskers did just
      that.

The rest is really history. Any fan would agree that LSUís loss is one
      of Nebraska greatest gains.[/quote]

Are you "huskerlocker" or are you just reposting his article?
      [/quote]
      I reposted the bottom part thats why I separated it. I should of qouted it.Figured people would know that I didnt write that part by the writing style , guess I was wrong.Usually the same 10 people on this thread all the time.Im sure they knew. U guys should read up on him.Im rooting for him hope he does well. He needs a ton of technique work though,

Comment

Well, had I realized that was you that posted that I would have guessed you are not a husker fan named "huskerlocker" (I'm familiar with your posts)... I was thinking it was BluGiantPies. Since he seemed familiar with Hardrick and is a new poster I was thinking he could have been the same blogger. Your post didn't seem like it needed a quote to make it clear it was from an article. Sorry for the mix up.

Comment

Anyone think Bama CB Dre Kirkpatrick may play a few years at CB and then convert over to the saftey position kinda like Antrel Rolle? There's a lot to like about Kirkpatrick, I'm anxious to see how he does in the speed & agility drills at the combine.

Comment

I don't personally see it happening.

Speaking of safeties and Alabama players though, I would love to see us take a shot at Mark Barron if he slides down because of his injury. He'll miss a lot of camp but his value that late would be tough to pass on.

Comment

[quote user="critters"]Well, had I realized that was you that posted that I would have guessed you are not a husker fan named "huskerlocker" (I'm familiar with your posts)... I was thinking it was BluGiantPies. Since he seemed familiar with Hardrick and is a new poster I was thinking he could have been the same blogger. Your post didn't seem like it needed a quote to make it clear it was from an article. Sorry for the mix up.
              [/quote] Its cool I didnt want anyone to think I was trying to steal somebody's words

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Anyone think Bama CB Dre Kirkpatrick may play a few years at CB and then convert over to the saftey position kinda like Antrel Rolle? There's a lot to like about Kirkpatrick, I'm anxious to see how he does in the speed & agility drills at the combine.
                [/quote]Giants seem to like those tweener guys,People said the same thing about TT,Ross and Amukumara.

Comment

Andre Debose vs Dre Kirkpatrick

Play No. 1: Debose's 65-yard touchdown reception against Alabama:

Debose (yellow circle) is going to be one-on-one with Dre Kirkpatrick
                  (green circle). Kirkpatrick as we know, is one of the top cover corners
                  in the SEC and maybe even in the entire country. But Debose has elite
                  speed, and in most cases, speed wins.

As the two come into view (yellow square) the ball (red circle) is in
                  very good location. Debose has about a two-yard distance between his
                  hands and Kirkpatrick's.

Just as Debose is about to make the catch (yellow circle), you can see that Kirkpatrick has closed the gap, but only slightly.

Debose makes the catch.

Kirkpatrick (green circle) dives, but is unable to corral Debose who runs in for the touchdown.

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]Andre Debose vs Dre Kirkpatrick

Play No. 1: Debose's 65-yard touchdown reception against Alabama:

Debose (yellow circle) is going to be one-on-one with Dre Kirkpatrick
                    (green circle). Kirkpatrick as we know, is one of the top cover corners
                    in the SEC and maybe even in the entire country. But Debose has elite
                    speed, and in most cases, speed wins.

As the two come into view (yellow square) the ball (red circle) is in
                    very good location. Debose has about a two-yard distance between his
                    hands and Kirkpatrick's.

Just as Debose is about to make the catch (yellow circle), you can see that Kirkpatrick has closed the gap, but only slightly.

Debose makes the catch.

Kirkpatrick (green circle) dives, but is unable to corral Debose who runs in for the touchdown.
                    [/quote]

Andre Debose touchdown catch vs Alabama 10/1/11

Comment

Kirkpatrick reminds me a bit of Antonio Cromartie. Neither one of the guys are the brightest crayons in the crayon box, but they can sure play some damn football. I remember on NSD when Kirkpatrick chose to go to Alabama, here's his announcement:

Dre Kirkpatrick Commits (with Subtitles/Translation)

Comment

[quote user="critters"]Well, had I realized that was you that posted that I would have guessed you are not a husker fan named "huskerlocker" (I'm familiar with your posts)... I was thinking it was BluGiantPies. Since he seemed familiar with Hardrick and is a new poster I was thinking he could have been the same blogger. Your post didn't seem like it needed a quote to make it clear it was from an article. Sorry for the mix up.
                        [/quote]
                        I've been lurking on these boards for a couple yrs and I am a draft fanatic so this yr I joined to talk a lil about it, and get my football fix. There r some really knowledable people on here and I really enjoy reading what these guys gotta say about all the potential draftees

Comment

What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech?
                          I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.

Comment

[quote user="BluGiantPies"]What does everybody think about Stephen hill wr Georgia tech?
                            I've seen him projected between late first to early third. Pretty big gap there.[/quote]

I think he is very underrated. One of his biggest strengths is his very good body control. Almost nearly as good as Justin Blackmon's and Alshon Jeffrey except Stephen has had a number of concentration issues. Definitely a very nice option to have in the mid rounds but I see his stock going high

Comment

is it his O-line, the fact that he always is running out of the shotgun or that Isaih Pead is really really good.

i wonder how he would do in a pro style offense

if he works on and gets better at blocking blitzers he would be a steal in the third/fourth round.

i woud love to see him in New york reminds me of a young tiki the way he cuts to the hole and splits the defenders, even the way he holds the ball pre high and tight ( coughlin ) which is why he fumbles coughlin can groom this kid well to be an every down back

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                              @Katdaddyjay 17h
                              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg Ö

Comment

[quote user="rainierjef"]is it his O-line, the fact that he always is running out of the shotgun or that Isaih Pead is really really good.

i wonder how he would do in a pro style offense

if he works on and gets better at blocking blitzers he would be a steal in the third/fourth round.

i woud love to see him in New york reminds me of a young tiki the way he cuts to the hole and splits the defenders, even the way he holds the ball pre high and tight ( coughlin ) which is why he fumbles coughlin can groom this kid well to be an every down back
                                [/quote]
                                I think his offseason stock has shot up because of his senior bowl week, and the game itself.

I even read that the coaches were liking how much fight he had in him in pass protect drills. He is 1 of those early/mid round guys that I hope we have our eye on. There are a quite few good backs this year though.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X