A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]* Brandon Brooks G Miami Oh, ran a Sub 5.00 40 at his proday at 6ft 5in 346lbs.. Only one olineman at the combine would of ran a faster 40time(Donald Stephensen)..** He also had 36reps on the bench press..* Brandon Brooks stock is surely on the rise..[/quote]Giants have stayed away from guys that big

Comment

NFL Mocks Crew ? @NFLMocks
      New York Giants attended Missouri's Pro Day yesterday, I'd assume they were looking at Michael Egnew

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Brandon Brooks G Miami Oh, ran a Sub 5.00 40 at his proday at 6ft 5in 346lbs.. Only one olineman at the combine would of ran a faster 40time(Donald Stephensen).. He also had 36reps on the bench press.. Brandon Brooks stock is surely on the rise..[/quote]Giants have stayed away from guys that big[/quote]

Well, the trend I can see is that they prefer athletic linemen who can get out and move/block in space, but also play with leverage... But as absurdly athletic as the big guys are getting, we could see them draft a 330+lb'er.

Comment

Expert Mock is half way through the First round

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck-Quarterback-Stanford

2. Cleveland Browns (STL):Robert Griffin III-Quarterback-Baylor

3. Minnesota Vikings: Matt Kalil-Offensive Tackle-USC

4. St. Louis Rams (CLE): Morris Claiborne-Cornerback-LSU

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Justin Blackmon-Wide Receiver-Oklahoma State

6. Washington Redskins: Riley Reiff-Offensive Tackle-Iowa

TRADE: The Jacksonville Jaguars send pick #7 to the Kansas City Chiefs for picks #11 and 75

7. Kansas City Chiefs: Dontari Poe-Nose Tackle-Memphis

TRADE: The Miami Dolphins send their 1st Rounder (#8), 3rd Rounder (#73), 4th Rounder (104), and 5th Rounder (#136) to the Dallas Cowboys for their 1st Rounder (#14). 2nd rounder (#45), 3rd Rounder (#85), and 7th Rounder (#206)

8.: Melvin Ingram-Outside Linebacker-South Carolina

9. Carolina Panthers: Devon Stll-Defensive Tackle-Penn State

10. Buffalo Bills: Michael Floyd-Wide Receiver-Notre Dame

11. Jacksonville Jaguars (KC): Quinton Coples-Defensive End-North Carolina

12. Seattle Seahawks: Trent Richardson-Running Back-Alabama

13. Arizona Cardinals: David DeCastro-Guard-Stanford

14. Miami Dolphins (DAL): Nick Perry-Defensive End-USC

15. Philadelphia Eagles: Courtney Upshaw-Outside Linebacker-Alabama

16. New York Jets: Cordy Glenn Guard/Tackle Georgia

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Brandon Brooks G Miami Oh, ran a Sub 5.00 40 at his proday at 6ft 5in 346lbs.. Only one olineman at the combine would of ran a faster 40time(Donald Stephensen).. He also had 36reps on the bench press.. Brandon Brooks stock is surely on the rise..[/quote]Giants have stayed away from guys that big[/quote] Ya, i here ya, just figured i'd let it be known, seeing how it was a impressive run for such a big man.. Also, it dosen't mean were always gonna stay within these so called Peramiters just because we've seemed to, to this point.. But ya, guys like Kevin Zeitler seem more likely, or someone like that...

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"] Brandon Brooks G Miami Oh, ran a Sub 5.00 40 at his proday at 6ft 5in 346lbs.. Only one olineman at the combine would of ran a faster 40time(Donald Stephensen).. He also had 36reps on the bench press.. Brandon Brooks stock is surely on the rise..[/quote]Giants have stayed away from guys that big[/quote]

Well, the trend I can see is that they prefer athletic linemen who can get out and move/block in space, but also play with leverage... But as absurdly athletic as the big guys are getting, we could see them draft a 330+lb'er.
              [/quote] Not to mention, this paticular big man(brooks), must be pretty darn quick, if he ran a sub 5.00 as a 340plus lb lineman..

Comment

Hey Redeye, where are you doing this expert mock? Is it a public or private thing?

Comment

How many rounds are you doing Redeye? I'm beginning to think Giants get great value going DL #1, CB #2 TE/OL 3 & 4 and then hear everyone say Jerry slaughtered the draft. I'm very curious to see how your draft goes.

Comment

[quote user="BigBlue2010"]How many rounds are you doing Redeye? I'm beginning to think Giants get great value going DL #1, CB #2 TE/OL 3 & 4 and then hear everyone say Jerry slaughtered the draft. I'm very curious to see how your draft goes.[/quote]Its 7 Rounds its on
                    [link]http://nfldraftwizard.com/[/link]

17. Cincinnati Bengals (OAK): Kendall Wright-Wide Receiver-Baylor

18. San Diego Chargers: Jonathan Martin-Offensive Tackle-Stanford

19. Chicago Bears: Dre Kirkpatrick-Cornerback-Alabama

20. Tennessee Titans: Peter Konz-Center/Guard-Wisconsin

21. Denver Broncos (CIN): Stephen Hill-Wide Receiver-Georgia Tech

22. St. Louis Rams (CLE): Fletcher Cox-Defensive Tackle-Mississippi State

23. Houston Texans (Det): Mohamed Sanu-Wide Receiver-Rutgers

I was hoping Cox fell to me. The Rams draft has been great they ended up with Claiborne and Cox after trading the 2nd pick

Comment

Oh wow, no one picked Mercilus yet? That's nuts.

Comment

[quote user="TheEnigma"]Oh wow, no one picked Mercilus yet? That's nuts.[/quote] Most Draftniks arent overly high on Mercilus. Most ive talked to grade him out as a 2nd rounder.

Comment

Thanks for link, following along now.

Comment

I could take Alshon Jeffery he is still on the board

Comment

Whoever is drafting for the Bengals is going full ****** IMO.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]I could take Alshon Jeffery he is still on the board[/quote]

So is Mark Barron. Surprised the Ravens guy took Kuechly instead of Hightower. Hightower is a MUCH better fit for the Ravens.

Comment

Working...
                                X