X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2012 NFL draft

[quote user="heavyhitter"]

First Draft: Doug Martin

[/quote] As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say, I actually found alittle room to like em just a bit more after watching that.. The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid.. As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add MJD as well.. I've said that all along... I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that.. I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening, how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...

Comment

Who is this kid, and how the hell'd he put up that many reps on the bench???lol

2012 NFL Draft Pro Day Notes:

Alex Hoffman-Ellis, OLB, Washington State:
      Washington State wasn't going to draw much attention this year, but Alex Hoffman-Ellis put on a show. He ran a 4.54 at 6-0, 233, and somehow managed to post 36 reps of 225. He could be a late-round pick with upside.

Comment

Tony Pauline of SI reports that his sources say that Mike Adams OT Ohio St is the "apple of the steelers eye"..lol Now, if that dosen't go to show u that teams covet certain players, then i don't know what does.. I mean, Mike Adams just seems like a STEELER type player, in every which way.. If i made a thread " Prospects u think steelers will covet", Mike Adams would top the chart.. I love the freaking draft!

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote] As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say, I actually found alittle room to like em just a bit more after watching that.. The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid.. As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add MJD as well.. I've said that all along... I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that.. I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening, how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...[/quote]

the ONLY thing you could say Martin lacks is "Elite" breakaway speed (ie: Chris Johnson, LaMicheal James, Da'Rell Scott).

Its a lame excuse not to draft him, considering how much else he brings to the table.

I'd LOVE to see him in Blue next year, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with drafting Robert Turbin too []

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote] As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say, I actually found alittle room to like em just a bit more after watching that.. The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid.. As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add MJD as well.. I've said that all along... I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that.. I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening, how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...[/quote]

the ONLY thing you could say Martin lacks is "Elite" breakaway speed (ie: Chris Johnson, LaMicheal James, Da'Rell Scott).

Its a lame excuse not to draft him, considering how much else he brings to the table.

I'd LOVE to see him in Blue next year, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with drafting Robert Turbin too []Turbin is projected to go somewhere in the mid rounds, right?
            [/quote]

Comment

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]

Childs impresses at Arkansas proday

Kirkpatrick wows during Alabamaís proday

Wilson d***les, Konz sits at Wisconsin proday

USC proday

Fletcher cements status at Mississippi State proday

Mayock: Clemson trio didnít disappoint at proday

Pro day roundup: Mississippi, Northwestern,Ohio

Crick shows strength at Nebraska proday

[/quote]

In the other thread about players we like for the Giants, I mentioned Childs because to me, he is 1 of a few mid/late round prospects who are considered "outside" guys, which is what I feel we need.

After the 1st round talents, this Wr class is strongest in guys who would line up in the slot. I feel it would be a shame to remove Cruz from that role since he is the best slot guy in the NFL. A guy like Childs is a mid round option to help fill MM's shoes.
                sigpic

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

I'd LOVE to see him in Blue next year, but if not, I'm perfectly fine with drafting Robert Turbin too []
                  [/quote] Oh, i dissagree.. Hes totally got break away speed.. Even in this paticular play, which is off a little dump off pass, he still gets to full speed and bursn the secondary like nothing.. Also, i've seen him just fly on KO's, including the Opening KO against Arz St in bowl game... Even off contact, he still bairly breaks stride and can get to top gear so quickly, its scary..

Doug Martin Another Crazy Run 84 Yard TD Vs. Utah - YouTube

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote] Oh, i dissagree.. Hes totally got break away speed.. Even in this paticular play, which is off a little dump off pass, he still gets to full speed and bursn the secondary like nothing.. Also, i've seen him just fly on KO's, including the Opening KO against Arz St in bowl game... Even off contact, he still bairly breaks stride and can get to top gear so quickly, its scary..

[/quote] whoops, that TD i pasted was off a run play, this one is where he does it on a dumpoff.. I know highlight films are dudes best plays, but please watch this DOUG MARTIn highlight film!!! I beg u!!!!!lol Its just a complete back, to the fullest definition! The balance, explosion, hands, speed, is incredible!

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

USC proday

[/quote]

In the other thread about players we like for the Giants, I mentioned Childs because to me, he is 1 of a few mid/late round prospects who are considered "outside" guys, which is what I feel we need.

After the 1st round talents, this Wr class is strongest in guys who would line up in the slot. I feel it would be a shame to remove Cruz from that role since he is the best slot guy in the NFL. A guy like Childs is a mid round option to help fill MM's shoes.
                    [/quote] I freaking love childs.. Hes exactly the type of player Reese gets, because Reese just gets it, and realizes Childs was a borderline 1st rder, at least 2nd rder going into this season, but injuries really hampered his season, but Reese i'm sure realizes by Childs proday that the guy is healthy, adn will love getting CHilds as a Value pick... Redeye adn I have both always liked Childs, and its usually a good sign, when all 3 of us( u included), like the same player..lol Childs would fit this team like a glove...

I also think danny coale would be a good outside guy, who can also go over the middle, and has a good frame on em, to absorb contact, and would be a nice 5th rd-7th rd WR for us.. Coale is gonna be a steal for someone, mark my words.. He won't be a star, but he will be very good...

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

[/quote]* As probably Doug Martins biggest fan, its kinda hard to like this guy anymore then i have, but i gotta say,* I actually found alittle room to like* em* just a bit more after watching that..* The guy comes off as confident but not overly ****y, and just seems like a good kid..* As i've said before, hes the complete package, with Balance, can cut on a dime, power, catching ability, breakaway speed, burst, blocking ability..etc, and as he said, hes in the mold of a Ray Rice, and i will add* MJD as well..* I've said that all along...* I've called this kid the 2nd best back in this draft for a couple months now, and i stand by that..* I'd take him in the late 1st, and be totally confident in what i'm gonna get production wise outta him, as far as living up that pick... I was watching some film on him just the other day again, and its sickening,* how much he brings to the table.. There is really nothing he lacks as a RB...[/quote]

[/quote] Oh, i dissagree.. Hes totally got break away speed..* Even in this paticular play, which is off a little dump off pass, he still gets to full speed and bursn the secondary like nothing.. Also, i've seen him just fly on KO's, including the Opening KO against Arz St in bowl game... Even off contact, he still bairly breaks stride and can get to top gear so quickly, its scary..

[/quote]* whoops, that TD i pasted was off a run play, this one is where he does it on a dumpoff..* I know highlight films are dudes best plays, but please watch this DOUG MARTIn highlight film!!! I beg u!!!!!lol* Its just a complete back, to the fullest definition!* The balance, explosion, hands, speed, is incredible!

• [/quote]

I worded my 'knock' poorly. I don't mean to say that he can't run away from defenses, but rather he doesn't have that rare 4.2-4.3 speed. And like I said, its lame complaint, considering everything else he brings to the table, but its the only one GMs can make.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

USC proday

[/quote]

[/quote] I freaking love childs.. Hes exactly the type of player Reese gets, because Reese just gets it, and realizes Childs was a borderline 1st rder, at least 2nd rder going into this season, but injuries really hampered his season, but Reese i'm sure realizes by Childs proday that the guy is healthy, adn will love getting CHilds as a Value pick... Redeye adn I have both always liked Childs, and its usually a good sign, when all 3 of us( u included), like the same player..lol Childs would fit this team like a glove...

I also think danny coale would be a good outside guy, who can also go over the middle, and has a good frame on em, to absorb contact, and would be a nice 5th rd-7th rd WR for us.. Coale is gonna be a steal for someone, mark my words.. He won't be a star, but he will be very good...

[/quote]

You see what he did at his pro day? 4.39 in the 40. 40 1/2 vertical(on a 6-3 guy?!) and a 10 -7 broad. On top of that, because i know your not a measurables guy, he suposedly looked amazing in position drills.

sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="heavyhitter"]

USC proday

[/quote]

[/quote]

You see what he did at his pro day? 4.39 in the 40. 40 1/2 vertical(on a 6-3 guy?!) and a 10 -7 broad. On top of that, because i know your not a measurables guy, he suposedly looked amazing in position drills.

[/quote] I woulden't say i'm totally not a measurables guy, i just woulden't base my decison's totally on that.. Example, i woulden't not draft Earl Thomas because hes a little light or something...

Ya, i seen he killed it t his proday, which tells me, hes completely healthy, and closer to that late 1st, 2nd rd prospect he used to be perdicted to be...

Comment

I se a lot of people linking Mike Admas to the Giants. Why I could see the Giants liking him im just not that big of a fan of his. His tape is really not that good. He could work out as a RT but honestly think id take Massie ahead of him. I think Massie may be better then Martin as well

Comment

• Working...
                              X