A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post

Manti Te'o is a freaking man beast! Hes gonna make some team very happy as a pro.. To do what he did with the heavy heart he was playing with today was flat out amazing!

Yep, forgot to put him on my list but he was a stud today. I think 34 teams are going to be drooling over him, and that isnt to say he cant play in a 43 scheme either. I just think his value in a 34 is bigger.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
      Yep, forgot to put him on my list but he was a stud today. I think 34 teams are going to be drooling over him, and that isnt to say he cant play in a 43 scheme either. I just think his value in a 34 is bigger.
      Ya, i think 3/4 would be best situation, but as u said, any scheme would probably get production outta Te'o.. Hes really blossomed since his freshman yr.. I'd say hes the MVP of that ND team.. There problems always been Defense, and there Defense's heartbeat is Te'o, making him the MVP of that team in my opinion..

Brian kelly can really coach.. Sure they got Te'o and a few other bigtime prospects, but they have been getting production from a freshman QB, and guys like Robby Toma Zeke Motta, and Jake Golic and Braxston Cave..etc A bunch of guys who are solid, gritty players, but not super athleteic high profiled guys.. Kelly is really coaching his butt off in south bend right now..

Comment

• Mark my words, u gotta remember the name Rushel Shell RB Pittsburgh.. Hes a highly touted Freshman who i see in his first college carries against cincy, and was very impressed with his power and ability to manuveur at his size.. Hes not gonna always shake u outta ur shoes, but he can move around well for a back his size.. I gotta feeling hes gonna be a sure first 1st rder if he stays healthy..

Comment

Mark my words, u gotta remember the name Rushel Shell RB Pittsburgh.. Hes a highly touted Freshman who i see in his first college carries against cincy, and was very impressed with his power and ability to manuveur at his size.. Hes not gonna always shake u outta ur shoes, but he can move around well for a back his size.. I gotta feeling hes gonna be a sure first 1st rder if he stays healthy..
          Impressed with Notre Dame that was a great win even though I think MSU is overrated,
          I love Stanfords brand of Football. I love how they line up and just smack the crap out of teams on both sides of the ball. Not many teams do that in CFB

Comment

What do u guys think of Teddy Bridgewater? Hes a blast to watch play and has been good ever since his 1st start, and now i'm seeing guys having him int eh 1st rd of next yrs draft.. I think hes got the "it" factor and i believe in his skills... Another words, if i'm a GM, and need a QB, i'd take a shot on em in RD 1..
            Without a doubt a Top 5 QB prospect for next season

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
              Also today Arkansas looked seriously undisciplined. They couldn't do anything and started to panic early. I know it was against Alabama but still anytime they even started to put something together they fell flat. Alabama's defensive unit and their O-line looks really solid. It was a men among boys thing for sure.
              I think there is Alabama then LSU and then everyone else.

1. Alabama

2. LSU

3. FSU

4. Oregon

5. West Virginia

6. Oklahoma

7. Georgia

I would say the Top 6 teams have a chance at playing in the National Title game. It will be whoever wins Bama and LSU and if 1 of those other 4 teams can go undefeated. If they all lose we might see LSU Bama again. Which not a lot of people want to see but I believe are the 2 best teams

Comment

• not for nothing, but matthew stafford su-cks.. Also TItus Young is the biggest airhead in the world.. I've seen that dude make some just don't give a cr-ap about anyone but urself penalties and mistakes.. The lions Drafted way to many slugs.. Nd Suh, Fairley, Young, CHerilus, are all guys who just don't give u the effort and really dodn't put team first.. I feel bad for Pettigrew and Calvin Johnson, who always seem to be going full steam.. Have u ever seen someone lose his luster as fast as Nd Suh has? Hes a freaking headcase! Also they got a DB Jacob Lacey who would seriously challenge tryon as the worst CB in the world..

They always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.. There a depressing team to watch...
                Last edited by nycsportzfan; 09-16-2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• Super early still but David Wilson again did nothing and got simply outclassed by former 4th rder Andre Brown and Doug Martin for that matter.. He dropped a super easy catchable ball and showed exactly the thing i disliked about him at Va Tech with the Dancing around thingst.. So far, Jayron Hosley looks like our best pick, which is what i said during the draft..

Wilson was really growing on me by preseasons end, but after 2games, he has done nothing to excite me and i feel even stronger about us should of taking Cordy Glenn, as i thought he was the value then with Doug Martin being off the board.. Adrien Robinson is completely non existent so far and Randle hasen't done anything outside ST's.. Hosley has looked very good, and i think hes gonna be our future starter..

Now i know its very early, and trust me, i hope Wilson , randle and Robinson all make me look bad with my judgements, but as of now, they haven't..

Comment

Super early still but David Wilson again did nothing and got simply outclassed by former 4th rder Andre Brown and Doug Martin for that matter.. \
                    Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.

But....

1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position.

I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted.
                    Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-17-2012, 03:55 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.But....1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position. I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted.
                      Guys like Andre brown and Alfred Morris are why you don't waste first round picks on running backs.

Comment

Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.

But....

1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position.

I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted.
                        You kidding? Martin might of had only a 3.3 YPC but he had a great TD run and Wilson simply coulden't do squat besides drop a Wideopen pass and avg 2 YPC on 3carries.. If u don't think Doug Martin outplayed Wilson, then ur just being stubborn.. Again, no kidding its still early but WIlson had first crack at the job after Bradshaw went down and coulden't do it.. I dont want to here about him being a rookie becuase Daryl Richardson all ready stole a ton of Stepen Jacksons carries,a nd Alfred Morris is starting in Washington, and Trent Richardson got his first 100yrd game and Martin blew away Blount in Tampa for the starting job...etc

Wilson has looked dreadful in the first 2weeks, its not like hes jut looked mediocre or something.. Hes made a Huge error in both weeks that stick out.. The huge fumble and the ridiculous drop... It has nothing to do with Coughlin, he'd be using the kid alot more often, but he keeps souring Coughlin with these dreadful plays that stick out..

Again, i said its really early still.. I realize that... I would love to see Wilson proove me wrong, but as of now the only 2 1st rd RB's i seen were Richardson and Martin.. Could u imagine Cordy Glenn on this team right now? With Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott as our trio?

PROOVE ME WRONG WILSON!

Comment

But....

I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? Pretty close another words.. ANd u were spot on with Morris.. Good call! Its one of the reasons i didn't want Wilson, because there was so much great depth at RB u could find later on and i personally have a diffrent view on what type of RB's are 1st rd worthy then some.. Martin and Richardson were the only 2 that combined not only the size/speed/ pass catching ability, but also ability to give u 20plus carries every week and be a lead back from start of there career...

Comment

But....

I still dont think Morris is all that special.Not explosive.He is 1 of those backs that take what the line givers and not much else.
                            Last edited by Redeyejedi; 09-17-2012, 10:39 AM.

Comment

I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? .
                              Huh No i never said you said it, I do remember someone responding it. Sorry if I was not clear there. I can dig up the post but im not that motivated.

But Morris has been the best rookie Back in the NFL so far. This is indisputable. You say he isnt explosive, but he is certainly a workhorse and a good power back. .
                              Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

You kidding? Martin might of had only a 3.3 YPC but he had a great TD run and Wilson simply coulden't do squat besides drop a Wideopen pass and avg 2 YPC on 3carries.. If u don't think Doug Martin outplayed Wilson, then ur just being stubborn.. Again, no kidding its still early but WIlson had first crack at the job after Bradshaw went down and coulden't do it.. I dont want to here about him being a rookie becuase Daryl Richardson all ready stole a ton of Stepen Jacksons carries,a nd Alfred Morris is starting in Washington, and Trent Richardson got his first 100yrd game and Martin blew away Blount in Tampa for the starting job...etc

Wilson has looked dreadful in the first 2weeks, its not like hes jut looked mediocre or something.. Hes made a Huge error in both weeks that stick out.. The huge fumble and the ridiculous drop... It has nothing to do with Coughlin, he'd be using the kid alot more often, but he keeps souring Coughlin with these dreadful plays that stick out..

Again, i said its really early still.. I realize that... I would love to see Wilson proove me wrong, but as of now the only 2 1st rd RB's i seen were Richardson and Martin.. Could u imagine Cordy Glenn on this team right now? With Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott as our trio?

PROOVE ME WRONG WILSON!
                                The day of the draft, as our pick approached I said on these boards repeatedly that I thought we would pick Glenn if he was available. But, I was not upset with the Wilson pick either. In fact, I said prior to the draft that If there was 1 realistic pick we would not pass up on, it would be Glenn. But, I was wrong. clearly the front office had a problem with him. I guess we will never know what that was.

As to yesterday's game, you can argue Martin v. Wilson all you want, but the fact is Wilson contributed more yards to his team than Martin and he did it in far fewer touches. He just did, end of story. Special teams yards count just as much. He had 2 VERY good kickoff returns and is in fact among the league leaders in kickoff returns right now. I am not saying he had a better game but I do think his contributions make it very hard for you to say Martin "outclassed" Wilson, your original statement.

As I said above, TC is always very hesitant to install rookie offensive players. Again, this is fact it is well documented.

You defended JJ last year when his contributions were less than meager on offense, but it seems you dont have the same patience with regards to Wilson? The only difference is that you proclaimed the JJ pick a good 1 and the Wilson pick a bad 1. I see a bit of hyprocisy here. I see a guy rooting for the picks he liked and sour grapes about the ones he did not.

I will say it again, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected Wilson to contribute more immediately than Martin. Martin absolutely is more NFL ready. But that is largely due to the fact that he is older, much older by NFL standards. Martin turns 24 in January. Wilson, on the other hand, just turned 21 in June. You can say that does not matter, but it does. Wilson will be just 24 years old when his rookie contract is up. Martin will be 27(28 if option year). The Giants draft for the future, not just tomorrow.
                                Last edited by BlueSanta; 09-17-2012, 12:55 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X