A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    Hahaha you're quoting yourself now. I think the boards are getting to you.
    Nah, i just wanted to make sure people knew that i am dissing a guy i was pretty high on.. I'm not afraid to admit when i was wrong, and i was about Bobbie Massie.. i honestly don't believe hes anything more then a backup T at this level, and that is simply based on one game, and i dont' care... He was so dreadful, it hurt.. Like i said, it was almost embaressingly pathetic, and one of the worst performances i've ever seen from a NFL lineman in my 20plus yrs of watching football.. He showed no emotion either.. Just accepted the fact he was playing like a fat lazy scrub... Again, i understand fully why he fell like he did.. I was completely wrong about the big guy...

Comment

• WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

RD1.. Chance Warmack OG BAMA
      RD2... Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- This kid can flat out play! All around TE whos athletic and would be one of ELI's favorite weapons
      RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
        He is a playmaker, but I think he ends up in a 34 system as the weakside backer. At least, I think that is the position he will hold the most value for and will likely be drafted to play.

You have to love his versatility though
        He is pretty tall to play the run in space. I think he is probably 260 by the time the draft comes.I think the Giants would be interested in his motor and athletic ability. I wonder if he is physical enough of a DE for their liking. Unfortunately I think the Giants need 2 DE's. They need a 3rd down edge rusher and a starting Strong side defensive end. I dont think Tuck has more then 1 more season in him. His contract is up and his body is breaking down. I dont think he enjoys the game much anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Nah, i just wanted to make sure people knew that i am dissing a guy i was pretty high on.. I'm not afraid to admit when i was wrong, and i was about Bobbie Massie.. i honestly don't believe hes anything more then a backup T at this level, and that is simply based on one game, and i dont' care... He was so dreadful, it hurt.. Like i said, it was almost embaressingly pathetic, and one of the worst performances i've ever seen from a NFL lineman in my 20plus yrs of watching football.. He showed no emotion either.. Just accepted the fact he was playing like a fat lazy scrub... Again, i understand fully why he fell like he did.. I was completely wrong about the big guy...
          I didnt watch the game it was that brutal

Comment

WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

RD2... Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- This kid can flat out play! All around TE whos athletic and would be one of ELI's favorite weapons
            RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..
            I like Womack and Johnson...who could not love Alabama prospects. Is Joseph Fauria Christian's brother or something and wasn't he at the big ND?

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              He is pretty tall to play the run in space. I think he is probably 260 by the time the draft comes.I think the Giants would be interested in his motor and athletic ability. I wonder if he is physical enough of a DE for their liking. Unfortunately I think the Giants need 2 DE's. They need a 3rd down edge rusher and a starting Strong side defensive end. I dont think Tuck has more then 1 more season in him. His contract is up and his body is breaking down. I dont think he enjoys the game much anymore
              This is exactly why I wanted Andre branch. Going into next year he'd have a year of experience and take over osi's role.

On another note. Storm Johnson was the #3 rb prospect in the nation coming out of high school. Went to Miami and transferred to ucf. He has looked good, even against Ohio St. What's your guys thoughts on him. Possibly cut up a video?

Comment

I didnt watch the game it was that brutal
                it was utterly freaking pathetic! Mayock ended up laughing at Massie at one point becuase he just didn't undrerstand what he was doing on one play..

Comment

If he gained the weight he would improve his value to most 43 teams in my opinion. But, until it happens I have to evaluate him as he is now and currently that guy has 34 OLB written all over him. If he got to 260 than I think he could be a Osi type player, that is a marginal gap control DE who lacks a little run discipline, but a guy who can shoot gaps and burst around the edge to get those sacks.
                  Last edited by BlueSanta; 10-06-2012, 03:52 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

Ok I love that site and I love what he is saying here. Part of me thinks he just got lazy and came to the these forums to see who WE thought might be good for this team. Seriously, havent we discussed all of those guys recently?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                      Ok I love that site and I love what he is saying here. Part of me thinks he just got lazy and came to the these forums to see who WE thought might be good for this team. Seriously, havent we discussed all of those guys recently?
                      Ya, but i'd like to think a good site and us, have a idea of what kinda players teams would like and are solid value and or prospects.. What'd u want em to have a QB going to us in RD 1 with a 3/4 NT in RD2..etc???lol

They know there stuff over there...

Comment

• dude, did u guys see what Beau Blakenship RB Ohio U did against my UMASS team last week? Try 43carry 263yrd 2td!!! Hes got solid size as well, and has been a total workhorse for a good Ohio U team... Intersting prospect, all though only a Jr...

Comment

• [QUOTE=nycsportzfan;517636]WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..[/QUOTE I like Fauria but he isnt an all around TE. He is a very poor blocker. In terms of physical skill as a receiver he is the best in the class. He has outstanding body control , good but not great hands, can break tackles and is good in the open field has a lot of YAC potential. His blocking needs a ton of work though but its not that much different from what we saw Coby Fleener last year.I really hope if the Giants draft this guy they would find him snap opportunities. If he isnt on the field as the number 1 TE he probably would see 5 snaps a game

Comment

• [QUOTE=Redeyejedi;518529]
                            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post

RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..[/QUOTE I like Fauria but he isnt an all around TE. He is a very poor blocker. In terms of physical skill as a receiver he is the best in the class. He has outstanding body control , good but not great hands, can break tackles and is good in the open field has a lot of YAC potential. His blocking needs a ton of work though but its not that much different from what we saw Coby Fleener last year.I really hope if the Giants draft this guy they would find him snap opportunities. If he isnt on the field as the number 1 TE he probably would see 5 snaps a game
                            I was talking to a UCLA fan on ESPN game thread for UCLA 2weeks ago, and he was saying that Fauria was really doing well as a blocker, and Jonathan Franklin was benefiting bigtime because of it... Now, i can't say for sure, as far as the blocking goes, because to be blunt, i haven't paid a ton of attention to it, i'm just going on what i've heard on walt football and from the UCLA fan.. The UCLA fan said he hasen't dropped a pass all yr.. Said, his hands are really phenomanel.. I have to agree with that, because i've seen catches that TE's his size, flat out shoulden't be making...

Comment

• I was talking about Allen Robinson WR Penn St last week, and again hes impressing the snot outta me! Hes gonna be a late 1st/2nd rder when his time comes.. He really makes all sorts of catches and isn't limited to deep stuff or just intermediete stuff.. hes a all around talent...

Comment

• man, this Illions FG kicker just missed a fairly makable FG, and he missed it by a mile, and i swear if u caught it right after the kick, and didn't know he shanked it horribly, u would think he drilled it the way his teammates were giving em high 5's and smacking em on the butt and head..lol Jesus, do these players these days ever get held accountable?

Comment

Working...
                                X