Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WalterFootball has us taking the following players in his updated mock draft

    1. Barrett Jones T/C/G - Says he would immediately start at LG or RT for us and could move to C. I think he fits better on the interior line than as a T in the NFL.

    2. Desmond Trufant CB - Haven't really caught any of his games this year so I'm not qualified to speak about him. I know nycsports likes him though. Plus we always need more CBs since injuries always plague us there.

    3. Nico Johnson ILB - I like the player since it's obvious Blackburn doesn't have what it takes (athleticism) to be MLB against teams with a great rushing attack but it's paramount we get a pass rusher before the 4th round.

    Pros: Some good prospects that have great chances to make an impact on this team.
    Cons: I don't think we can afford to wait until rounds 4-7 to grab a pass rusher with Osi heading into FA and Tuck not seeming like Tuck anymore.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
      WalterFootball has us taking the following players in his updated mock draft

      1. Barrett Jones T/C/G - Says he would immediately start at LG or RT for us and could move to C. I think he fits better on the interior line than as a T in the NFL.

      2. Desmond Trufant CB - Haven't really caught any of his games this year so I'm not qualified to speak about him. I know nycsports likes him though. Plus we always need more CBs since injuries always plague us there.

      3. Nico Johnson ILB - I like the player since it's obvious Blackburn doesn't have what it takes (athleticism) to be MLB against teams with a great rushing attack but it's paramount we get a pass rusher before the 4th round.

      Pros: Some good prospects that have great chances to make an impact on this team.
      Cons: I don't think we can afford to wait until rounds 4-7 to grab a pass rusher with Osi heading into FA and Tuck not seeming like Tuck anymore.
      Hey, ur stealing my job!!!lol j/k!! I litteraly was coming over to this thread to give Walts mock info to us and see u beat me to the punch!!!lol

      What a bad A-ss mock draft! Seriously, i'm in love with Barrett Jones and Desmond Trufant as prospects, and Nico Johnson brings attitude and aggresivness to the MLB positon.. Seriously, this is one heck of a mock draft, despite no pass rusher being there.. Maybe we can get lucky, and snatch up a Devin Taylor or Margus Hunt in RD 4, if one slips becuase of on field production this yr not being where it needs to be.. If we could trade for a ex 3rd rd pick and add a John Simon DE Ohio St to the mix, it also would be a perfect draft.. Either way, u can' t fill every need via draft, and getting a versatile swing lineman like Barrett Jones, and a lockdown CB in Trufant, and a Snot knocking ILB from a winning program in Nico Johnson, ur doing all right!!!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        Hey, ur stealing my job!!!lol j/k!! I litteraly was coming over to this thread to give Walts mock info to us and see u beat me to the punch!!!lol

        What a bad A-ss mock draft! Seriously, i'm in love with Barrett Jones and Desmond Trufant as prospects, and Nico Johnson brings attitude and aggresivness to the MLB positon.. Seriously, this is one heck of a mock draft, despite no pass rusher being there.. Maybe we can get lucky, and snatch up a Devin Taylor or Margus Hunt in RD 4, if one slips becuase of on field production this yr not being where it needs to be.. If we could trade for a ex 3rd rd pick and add a John Simon DE Ohio St to the mix, it also would be a perfect draft.. Either way, u can' t fill every need via draft, and getting a versatile swing lineman like Barrett Jones, and a lockdown CB in Trufant, and a Snot knocking ILB from a winning program in Nico Johnson, ur doing all right!!!
        Yeah I suppose you're right about not filling every need but I just find it hard to imagine that the Giants would wait so long to grab a pass rusher considering the current situation and how in love they are with developing DEs. Speaking of Trufant, do you by chance have any good games in mind on him you could recommend to watch? I'd prefer to see a really good game and a bad one but any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
          Yeah I suppose you're right about not filling every need but I just find it hard to imagine that the Giants would wait so long to grab a pass rusher considering the current situation and how in love they are with developing DEs. Speaking of Trufant, do you by chance have any good games in mind on him you could recommend to watch? I'd prefer to see a really good game and a bad one but any advice you can give me would be appreciated.
          Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

          As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

            As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..
            If you go off our history under Reese, we will try to address the passrushing needs via the draft and try to address Oline needs via FA.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
              Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

              As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..
              He was always ranked in the top 10 CB's I thought. His brother is in the NFL those guys always get more play no ,matter if they are good or not and he is. I remember him getting torched in a game last year i was going to cut but I didnt put it up because I wanted to make it a 2 game video. I feel bad putting up bad videos of a prospect if its the only 1 up. I dont think its fair to the player. Could give people the wrong idea. prefer to put them in multi game videos

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                If you go off our history under Reese, we will try to address the passrushing needs via the draft and try to address Oline needs via FA.
                cheaper to draft dl and sign ol than the opposite

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                  He was always ranked in the top 10 CB's I thought. His brother is in the NFL those guys always get more play no ,matter if they are good or not and he is. I remember him getting torched in a game last year i was going to cut but I didnt put it up because I wanted to make it a 2 game video. I feel bad putting up bad videos of a prospect if its the only 1 up. I dont think its fair to the player. Could give people the wrong idea. prefer to put them in multi game videos
                  Ya, hes definetly living up to his name right now.. But, most places i looked before the season had em in the RD 3, and some early 4th range... Even with his name! So its no surprise that u seen games where he got torched, as it sounds to me like he was inconsistent.. Hes definetly playing more consistently this yr and his stock is on the rise because of it.. I'm a huge fan, and would love to get the kid..

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                    cheaper to draft dl and sign ol than the opposite
                    Definetly, but as Chris Canty and Rocky Bernard can atest to, we will pay top dollar for a Dlineman , and all though not a DE, i think it could happen if the right player presented himself..

                    Comment


                    • Everyone knows how much i love Kawaan Short DT Purdue.. He was on of my guys i wanted most coming into this yr, and i kinda stopped talking about em lately, just because i pretty much figure hes going earlier then were gonna have a chance to get em.. If somehow we did get Short it would be great, because he would be able to rush the passer from the DT spot why Joseph clogged the middle.. It seems like a match made in heaven..


                      All ready this yr, Short has 8TFL, 4SACK, 2Passs batted down, and 3BLOCKED KICKS... Thats in only 5games.. Another words, dude makes plays! And this is without Ryan Kerrigan.. The guy is a freaking stud...

                      Comment


                      • Whats everyones dream scenario for the draft this yr up to this point?? I have 2 scenario's...


                        My first would be to stay put and have one of Okafor, B.Jones, K.Short, or J.Banks fall to us and we select one of em..

                        My 2nd would be to trade up for Xavier Rhodes or Bjorn Werner... Both those players are flat out studs...

                        Comment


                        • Could u imagine Xavier Rhodes, Prince Amukumura, and Jayron Hosley as our Top 3 CB's???lol

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            Whats everyones dream scenario for the draft this yr up to this point?? I have 2 scenario's...
                            So hard for me to get invested into those scenarios when you have a team like the Giants. Since we seem to be a playoffs or bust sort of team, the possibilities of where we draft and the players around those picks appear to be limitless. Though one thing I feel confident in saying is that if we go deep into the playoffs and draft near the end of the 1st round, we won't have a problem considering an offensive lineman versus drafting one in the middle. With some pretty good defensive linemen in the early to mid area of the 1st along with some CBs, I'm positive we'd take a defensive player in that scenario.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                              So hard for me to get invested into those scenarios when you have a team like the Giants. Since we seem to be a playoffs or bust sort of team, the possibilities of where we draft and the players around those picks appear to be limitless. Though one thing I feel confident in saying is that if we go deep into the playoffs and draft near the end of the 1st round, we won't have a problem considering an offensive lineman versus drafting one in the middle. With some pretty good defensive linemen in the early to mid area of the 1st along with some CBs, I'm positive we'd take a defensive player in that scenario.
                              Well, thats why i mean kinda where were at right now.. Being realistic and thinking along the lines of picking in the 25-32 range.. What would be ur dream scenario???

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                                Well, thats why i mean kinda where were at right now.. Being realistic and thinking along the lines of picking in the 25-32 range.. What would be ur dream scenario???
                                Well, I could see this team making the playoffs just based on the success we are getting on the offensive side of the ball but if the D doesn't wake up, it doesn't bode well for our playoff chances so I think our team is playing like a 22-26 overall team.

                                I really like Barrett Jones because of how technically sound and versatile of a player he is but Warmack has the higher ceiling and could probably be as great as Ben Grubbs/Marshall Yanda. Giants love for their first pick to have athleticism and he fits the bill.

                                Okafor is another realistic possibility with all of the other pass rushers and not to mention a few DTs in front of him. He would be a great player to rotate at LDE along with Tuck or just take over that position completely depending on Tuck's future.

                                McDonald and Eifert would be welcomed additions depending on what happens with some of our future FAs.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X