A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    I still disagree with the idea that the giants offense doesnt utilitze a TE.

I think if Bennett was resigned and stayed healthy next season he would be well over 1k yards.

The giants constantly are looking to draft athletic pass catching TEs, Boss, Shockey, Beckum, Robinson, etc.

Apart from Shockey, none of those guys have done much in their first year with the team, and Gilbride wasent there for Shockeys first two seasons, so it seems like any TE on the team takes at least a season to really understand Gilbrides system.
    "Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol

Comment

• Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.

Comment

• Originally posted by juice33s View Post
        "Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol
        Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.

Comment

Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.
          Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3? Right now he's on pace to just about match Jake Ballards production from last season (Infact he's averaging 2 yards per game less then Ballard did).....The peices may change, but the offense stays the same
          Last edited by juice33s; 11-18-2012, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3?
            It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

I think it would be very possibly he could have 70+ catches.

Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers
              Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.
                Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team.

Comment

Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best
                  Shockey was here before gilbride.

Comment

He was productive early in the season before he got injured. He may get 750 yards this season not being utilized as much as he could be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
                      Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team.
                      I think Notre Dame will get destroyed by Alabama.

Comment

• What are people's opinions about the Giants landing Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o in the draft if they're able to?

We all know LB and OL are something the Giants can improve on in terms of depth.
                        Last edited by BigBlueAllDay; 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlueAllDay View Post
                          What are people's opinions about the Giants landing Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o in the draft if they're able to?

We all know LB and OL are something the Giants can improve on in terms of depth.
                          we gotta be drafting in the teens to get him. I don't see him going past 15.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                          @Katdaddyjay 17h
                          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Here's what Mcshay had to say about the TE class:

"San Diego State's Gavin Escobar (79) doesn't get much national love, but West Coast NFL scouts have been whispering about the athletic pass-catching tight end.

Escobar (6-5, 255) leads the team with 35 catches for 483 yards and five touchdowns. He's not a senior and could very well return to SDSU for another season, but should he leave early, Escobar could be one of five non-senior tight ends selected in the first three rounds. Here are the top five draft-eligible players on the board, all of whom are non-seniors.

1. Zach Ertz, Stanford (6-6, 249; 89)
                            2. Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame (6-6, 250; 88)
                            3. Escobar
                            4. Dion Sims, Michigan State (6-5, 276; 78)
                            5.Levine Toilolo, Stanford (6-8, 263; 76)

I've heard no buzz about Ertz staying or going, but most scouts I've talked to have a strong feeling that Eifert is leaning heavily toward leaving. If both declare for the draft, it will be interesting to see who comes off the board first, because teams seem to be split on who is the better overall prospect.
                            For the record, the highest-rated senior tight end on our board right now is Auburn's Philip Lutzenkirchen, who is rated just slightly ahead of Joseph Fauria (UCLA) and Jake Stoneburner (Ohio State). That trio will be jockeying for position in the middle rounds."
                            I would be absolutely shocked if Etz Stayed. There are wispers Stanford may also lose thier Head coach to the NFL. If that is the case, I do not see why Ertz would stay.

I can see why some teams may have Eifert above Ertz, but the way most teams use a TE nowadays I think Ertz will be rated slightly higher. I said this last year and will say it again now, both of these guys are better prospects than Fleener or any TE was last year.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              I think Notre Dame will get destroyed by Alabama.
                              Im not 1 to predict to often the out outcome of games. But This 1 I will. I agree with you.

As we have seen the only way to beat bama is with amazing QB play and some luck. I do not see ND being able to get yards vs the Bama defense.I think it would take 1 of the great upsets of our time to see ND defeat Bama. And, as much as I love defensive football, I think the majority of the country would find this game extremely boring.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                                we gotta be drafting in the teens to get him. I don't see him going past 15.
                                Im not so sure, its always a bit of a mystery with inside linebackers. They dont typically have all that much value. I dont think Teo is a better prospect than Kuechly was last year. But ESPN is rolling the Teo hype train right now saying he will go 1st overall to the Chiefs.

Comment

Working...
                                X