Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I know they lost, but today was the 1st time I saw the Texas defense play the way they were supposed to. Some of their talent has been hiding this season, not today.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
      I know they lost, but today was the 1st time I saw the Texas defense play the way they were supposed to. Some of their talent has been hiding this season, not today.
      announcers were raving about Kenny Vaccaro's play over the past several weeks.. I think hes the top rated saftey out there, as far as the draft people have.. I know u were dissapointed in his tackling against W.VA(jefferson was real bad against w.va as well), but Vaccaro has been as sound a tackler as theres been at S in the country... I really like em..

      Not as much as my guy, Baccari Rambo though!!!! YA!!!!lol

      Comment


      • Nigel Malone CB K.ST can flat out play.. Hes got great instincts and i think he'll go alittle earlier then some think.. I mocked em 2 us a handful of times probably, but was worried about his size, but i'm not so worried about that, because if he gains like 5lbs , he'll be 5ft 10in 190lbs, and thats decent enough..

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          Giants, Falcons, Lions, Rams, Vikings and Bears have scouts in attendance for KState v Texas. #NFLDraft
          Thats good, becasue theres quite a few guys i liked in that game.. From Vaccaro to Malone, to Okafor to Arthur Brown..

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            announcers were raving about Kenny Vaccaro's play over the past several weeks.. I think hes the top rated saftey out there, as far as the draft people have.. I know u were dissapointed in his tackling against W.VA(jefferson was real bad against w.va as well), but Vaccaro has been as sound a tackler as theres been at S in the country... I really like em..

            Not as much as my guy, Baccari Rambo though!!!! YA!!!!lol
            Kenny is a good player, but he had more bad games than just that WVA game where he got torched. There was a whole stretch of bad play there. In particular, that Oklahoma game. Remember what we were saying about Laundry Jones yesterday and how he plays poorly against good defenses? Well he had a GREAT day vs Texas and picked on Vaccaro quite a bit.

            I also wasnt a big fan of Kenny's early season criticism of Texas fans not being loud enough. That showed immaturity to me. It was a minor thing, but it still showed he might have some maturing to do. The 1 thing you NEVER do as a player is criticize your fanbase.

            I would also note that while he is a good safety moving forward and tackling. But, I do not think he made enough plays in the passing game this year. Not by a LONG shot. Teams didnt shy away from him either. He was given every opportunity to get some INTs, passes defended and pass breakups, yet he really didnt do much of any of that. Last night was his best game, in my opinion.
            Last edited by BlueSanta; 12-02-2012, 03:31 PM.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              Kenny is a good player, but he had more bad games than just that WVA game where he got torched. There was a whole stretch of bad play there. In particular, that Oklahoma game. Remember what we were saying about Laundry Jones yesterday and how he plays poorly against good defenses? Well he had a GREAT day vs Texas and picked on Vaccaro quite a bit.

              I also wasnt a big fan of Kenny's early season criticism of Texas fans not being loud enough. That showed immaturity to me. It was a minor thing, but it still showed he might have some maturing to do. The 1 thing you NEVER do as a player is criticize your fanbase.

              I would also note that while he is a good safety moving forward and tackling. But, I do not think he made enough plays in the passing game this year. Not by a LONG shot. Teams didnt shy away from him either. He was given every opportunity to get some INTs, passes defended and pass breakups, yet he really didnt do much of any of that. Last night was his best game, in my opinion.
              See, i feel Jefferson hasen't made enough plays in either the pass or run game.. Vaccaro's been better overall..

              We differ in opinion on this one. I think Vaccaro is a better overall prospect then Tony Jefferson.. I think Vaccaro is a Kenny Phillips type player, who hopefully can stay healthy, unlike KP....

              I am on record as saying my boy Rambo didn't have a stellar game against Bama this past wk.. I still think hes the best S prospect in the country, and when said and done, it'll show...

              Comment


              • My boy JORDAN LYNCH gets to show off his skills in the ORANGE BOWL against FLA ST! Dude, i am stoked about that matchup!!! It's gonna be crazy to get to see Lynch against such a touted defense!

                I have been saying JOrdan Lynch deserves some Heisman consideration a few days back, and to me, getting ur team into the ORANGE BOWL when ur from the MAC, and almost single handedly doing it, is not only worthy, but he should WIN..

                If i was a voter, i'd certainly vote for Jordan Lynch over Manziel and Te'o.. I mean, No ILL is in the freaking ORANGE BOWL!!! Chandler Harnish coulden't even do that.. This guys run for 19TDS and over 1500yrds and threw 24TDs and almost 3000yrds with only 5picks!!! This guy is the Heisman in my opinion! I actually think its a huge mess up if he dosent' win it.. Again, doing what he did statistically while bring a MAC team to the ORANGE BOWL, which could not happen against for 50yrs for all we know, is amazing!

                Its one of the most amazing things i've seen in all my yrs of watching college football, to be honest...

                Comment


                • So, outside of the BCS bowl games, what games are u guys most excited about? Obviously, i'm most excited about the Nat Champ game and the Orange bowl, but this season has more interseting bowls then i've seen in some time.. Just a fantastic list!


                  Heres the top 3bowls outside of the bcs bowls, i'm most excited about becuase of prospects and matchup..

                  1. Alamo Bowl- Oregon St VS Texas- A couple guys that are at the top or right near the top of there respective positon in my personal rankings, square off in this one, with Kenny Vaccaro at S and Jordan Poyer at CB.. Also, i'm big Alex Okafor fan as well.. 3 prospects i would love in BLUE... Its a good matchup as well, and very tough to perdict the outcome..

                  2. Chrick Fil A Bowl- LSU VS Clemson- Obviously a intriguing matchup, and prospect loaded.. Tahj Boyd, Sammy Watkins, Deandre Hopkins, Andre Ellington, Sam Montgomery, Eric Reid, Barkevious Mingo, Tharold Simon, Kevin Minter, just 2 name a few... Very fun matchup..

                  3. Outback Bowl- S.Carolina VS Michigan- Another fun matchup, with a ton of prospects.. I like S.CAR a bit in this one, but MICH could surprise and give the game****s a game...

                  Underrated bowl- Pinstripe Bowl- Syracuse vs W.Virginia and Holiday Bowl with UCLA vs Baylor...

                  Comment


                  • I'm glad purdue got bowl eligible, as i want to see Kawaan Short on the big stage..

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                      My boy JORDAN LYNCH gets to show off his skills in the ORANGE BOWL against FLA ST! Dude, i am stoked about that matchup!!! It's gonna be crazy to get to see Lynch against such a touted defense!

                      I have been saying JOrdan Lynch deserves some Heisman consideration a few days back, and to me, getting ur team into the ORANGE BOWL when ur from the MAC, and almost single handedly doing it, is not only worthy, but he should WIN..

                      If i was a voter, i'd certainly vote for Jordan Lynch over Manziel and Te'o.. I mean, No ILL is in the freaking ORANGE BOWL!!! Chandler Harnish coulden't even do that.. This guys run for 19TDS and over 1500yrds and threw 24TDs and almost 3000yrds with only 5picks!!! This guy is the Heisman in my opinion! I actually think its a huge mess up if he dosent' win it.. Again, doing what he did statistically while bring a MAC team to the ORANGE BOWL, which could not happen against for 50yrs for all we know, is amazing!

                      Its one of the most amazing things i've seen in all my yrs of watching college football, to be honest...
                      How can you even argue against Manziel? The guy set an SEC record for yards and beat Alabama!...Nothern Illi played nobody

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                        How can you even argue against Manziel? The guy set an SEC record for yards and beat Alabama!...Nothern Illi played nobody
                        Jordan Lynch holds the record for most consecutive 100yrd rushing games by a QB at 11 and counting, and threw for 24tds and only 5picks, while beating everyone except a 1pt loss to Iowa... Iowa stinks i here ya, but they beat on Toledo , who beat CINCY, and took ARIZONA to OT, and they beat BALL ST, who beat S.Florida and Indiana(indiana on road no less), and the beat Kent St who beat RUTGERS in RUTGERS.. Now were talking a MAC school, not a high powered football team that has crazy rich tradition of loaded teams.. Manziel has not 1 , but 2 1sr RD OT's protecting him, and draftable RB in Christine Michale, and draftable WR in Ryan Swope, and probably top 10 pick on D in DE MOORE, and top 2rd LB in Sean Porter, and about a handful of other draftable prospects... I mean, jesus!


                        Jordan Lynch just broke Denard Robinson's single season record for Rushing Yrds by a QB! Denard Robinson had alot of heisman talk that yr, and can u imagiine if he threw for almost 3000yrds and 24tds and only 5picks as well???lol He'd of got it in a land slide! Jordan Lynch has carried relative unknown No Illinois team to a BCS bowl game mostly by himself, and absouluty no defense to help him out.. Hes my Heisman, if i was voting...

                        Comment


                        • lol, South florida whose 3-9?, 4-8 Indiana?....They had a couple qaulity wins over the Big East I'll give you that, but what you're failing to realize is that Manziel put up identical numbers against 10x better competition

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            See, i feel Jefferson hasen't made enough plays in either the pass or run game.. Vaccaro's been better overall..

                            We differ in opinion on this one. I think Vaccaro is a better overall prospect then Tony Jefferson.. I think Vaccaro is a Kenny Phillips type player, who hopefully can stay healthy, unlike KP....

                            I am on record as saying my boy Rambo didn't have a stellar game against Bama this past wk.. I still think hes the best S prospect in the country, and when said and done, it'll show...
                            Well, I never mentioned Jefferson, but I do agree that KVac is a better prospect mostly because of his measurables tho. But, you say Jefferson hasnt made enough plays in either the pass or run game yet his stats are better than Kvac's. He has more passes defended, more tackles, and the same number of INTs. .

                            My point was that Kvac has not made nearly enough plays this year and it can't be attributed to teams throwing away from him, because they didnt. He is a good tackler.He is a decent player moving forward. But he just didnt make the plays on the back end of the defense this year for my taste. I would also like to see him fight through blocks more when around the line of scrimmage. That in particular, is where I see him falling short of guys like Rambo and Elam who fight on every play.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                              Jordan Lynch holds the record for most consecutive 100yrd rushing games by a QB at 11 and counting, and threw for 24tds and only 5picks, while beating everyone except a 1pt loss to Iowa... Iowa stinks i here ya, but they beat on Toledo , who beat CINCY, and took ARIZONA to OT, and they beat BALL ST, who beat S.Florida and Indiana(indiana on road no less), and the beat Kent St who beat RUTGERS in RUTGERS.. Now were talking a MAC school, not a high powered football team that has crazy rich tradition of loaded teams.. Manziel has not 1 , but 2 1sr RD OT's protecting him, and draftable RB in Christine Michale, and draftable WR in Ryan Swope, and probably top 10 pick on D in DE MOORE, and top 2rd LB in Sean Porter, and about a handful of other draftable prospects... I mean, jesus!


                              Jordan Lynch just broke Denard Robinson's single season record for Rushing Yrds by a QB! Denard Robinson had alot of heisman talk that yr, and can u imagiine if he threw for almost 3000yrds and 24tds and only 5picks as well???lol He'd of got it in a land slide! Jordan Lynch has carried relative unknown No Illinois team to a BCS bowl game mostly by himself, and absouluty no defense to help him out.. Hes my Heisman, if i was voting...
                              I hate the way they choose the Heisman winners. So many times it goes to the wrong guy and I absolutely hate how it doesnt go to defensive guys enough. But, I believe this year it belongs in Menzeil's hands. He had the better year vs better competition and he also had the signature moment of the season in that Defeat of Bama.

                              Lynch is an amazing player. I just dont think you can compare the 2, 1 having played in the SEC and the other having played vs a very weak schedule.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                                Well, I never mentioned Jefferson, but I do agree that KVac is a better prospect mostly because of his measurables tho. But, you say Jefferson hasnt made enough plays in either the pass or run game yet his stats are better than Kvac's. He has more passes defended, more tackles, and the same number of INTs. .

                                My point was that Kvac has not made nearly enough plays this year and it can't be attributed to teams throwing away from him, because they didnt. He is a good tackler.He is a decent player moving forward. But he just didnt make the plays on the back end of the defense this year for my taste. I would also like to see him fight through blocks more when around the line of scrimmage. That in particular, is where I see him falling short of guys like Rambo and Elam who fight on every play.
                                Where do you guy's have fresno's phillip thomas?...at 6'1" 215 with range he stacks up physically with pretty much all the high profile guys, but outshines them in production with 8int's, 3 returned for TD's and 4 sacks (This season). I've seen some highlights and he seems like a pretty complete player who is solid against the pass and the run.

                                He was invited to the senior bowl so I think he's a guy who could pick up some serious steam as the draft process goes on and could eventually surpass alot of these guys and be a 2nd round pick,,,,,Redeye, you know what to do
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7R24OSpXVI
                                Last edited by juice33s; 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X