A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]You must have watched the WV/UCONN game. He may look 6"2/6"3 but he is every bit what is listed. Sands reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins.
      [/quote]

I watched the game in person, and I still don't believe he is truly 6'5. He wasent that much taller than the other DBs. I think he's probably 6'3[/quote]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot[/quote] I know hes a Small School Kid.. But u must check out Davonte Shannon of BUFFALO.. I've been watching him for a Couple YRs now, and i'm telling you, this kid is gonna be a player as a 5th-7th rd pick.. He hits like a ton of bricks and is a leader on the field and is pretty fluid in coverege... Hes a Super Sleeper of mine..

Also, Ahmad Black is no joke! Hes small, but packs a Serious Punch.. He is a Player i absoulutley love this yr.. He does not have any type of Size for a SS, but boy does he play big...

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.
          [/quote]

Well I completely disagree with your view of him. To me he looks like he can be a third rounder.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot[/quote] I know hes a Small School Kid.. But u must check out Davonte Shannon of BUFFALO.. I've been watching him for a Couple YRs now, and i'm telling you, this kid is gonna be a player as a 5th-7th rd pick.. He hits like a ton of bricks and is a leader on the field and is pretty fluid in coverege... Hes a Super Sleeper of mine..

Also, Ahmad Black is no joke! Hes small, but packs a Serious Punch.. He is a Player i absoulutley love this yr.. He does not have any type of Size for a SS, but boy does he play big...
            [/quote]

Ahmad Black plays tough but there is zero chance he becomes a Giant. The Colts maybe possibly Carolina Panthers

Comment

anyone get a look at these Colorado CB's I got to catch one of there games.They have Giant DB size .Jimmy Smith 6-2 205 and Jalil Brown 6-1 205 anyone see a televised game let me know

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="slipknottin"]Robert Sands the Safety from WVU is a guy to keep an eye on. Hes a junior. The WVU website claims he is 6'5 220, he looks alot closer to 6'2-6'3 220, but in any case he has the size and skill set the giants are looking for.[/quote]Slip U think the Giants give a late round look at Nebraska safty Eric Hagg. Bo Pelini uses him in that tweener safety/linebacker role. He is 6-2 210 and is used a lot like Deon Grant in Nebraskas defense. They use a 3 safety alignment a lot[/quote] I know hes a Small School Kid.. But u must check out Davonte Shannon of BUFFALO.. I've been watching him for a Couple YRs now, and i'm telling you, this kid is gonna be a player as a 5th-7th rd pick.. He hits like a ton of bricks and is a leader on the field and is pretty fluid in coverege... Hes a Super Sleeper of mine..

[/quote]This is Eric Hagg come on we need a dude with hair like this

Comment

[/quote]

U love those Buffalo players . Sucks for James Starks I thought he was going into a great situation with the Packers. They have nothing at running back he could of had a real oppurtunity there

Comment

[quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.
                    [/quote]

Well I completely disagree with your view of him. To me he looks like he can be a third rounder.[/quote]Look, Sands played his HS ball here in Florida. Any prospect that comes out this state gets love from me but I'm just calling it like I see it. I personally would love the Giants to grab SS Mark Barron (Alabama) or SS DeAndre McDaniel (Clemson).

Comment

[quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.
                      [/quote] Well I completely disagree with your view of him. To me he looks like he can be a third rounder.[/quote]Look, Sands played his HS ball here in Florida. Any prospect that comes out this state gets love from me but I'm just calling it like I see it. I personally would love the Giants to grab SS Mark Barron (Alabama) or SS DeAndre McDaniel (Clemson).
                      [/quote]Yeah I lived in Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton for a few years some really great football players get pumped out of that state,southern florida especially. St Thomas Aquinas. I would love to see Don Bosco Prep who was number 1 play a Florida schedule no way they finish undefeated let alone number 1 in the country. Im sorry but Don Bosco would of got run over by St Thomas Aquinas last year

Comment

Mid round prospect Roy Helu of Nebraska has 304 yards rushing today,

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="heavyhitter"][quote user="slipknottin"][quote user="heavyhitter"]I'm telling you the guy is 6"4/6"5 iish. He's a big DB w/ good speed but like I said he reminds me of a poor mans Pat Watkins. If he decides to declare at the end of the year, I'd be VERY surprised if he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round.
                          [/quote] Well I completely disagree with your view of him. To me he looks like he can be a third rounder.[/quote]Look, Sands played his HS ball here in Florida. Any prospect that comes out this state gets love from me but I'm just calling it like I see it. I personally would love the Giants to grab SS Mark Barron (Alabama) or SS DeAndre McDaniel (Clemson).*
                          [/quote]Yeah I lived in Ft Lauderdale and Boca Raton for a few years some really great football players get pumped out of that state,southern florida especially. St Thomas Aquinas. I would love to see Don Bosco Prep who was number 1 play a Florida schedule no way they finish undefeated let alone number 1 in the country. Im sorry but Don Bosco would of got run over by St Thomas Aquinas last year[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. Don Bosco did travel to play a very good California team last year and won and then they went to play a team in Alabama and won. This year they traveled to Ohio and beat another very good team. They also beat up St. Peters every year and they have lots of D-1 talent on that team year in and year out.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

U love those Buffalo players . Sucks for James Starks I thought he was going into a great situation with the Packers. They have nothing at running back he could of had a real oppurtunity there

[/quote] Latley they've had a few... Turner Gill guys, i think?? But Mike Newton, Davonte Shannon, James Starks, The QB that i believe is with the Colts, Drew Wiley.. U are right, it does stink for starks... U know how much i liked him as a sleeper.. That is his one issue, injury prone...

Comment

Wow is lamichael james is pretty fast

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Wow is lamichael james is pretty fast[/quote]

Ya, he is a blazer. Probably a 1st rounder. but hes undersized and has off the field issues. Kid is only a sophomore.

The CB they have Cliff Harris is a big time player too, and also a sophomore. Harris is arguably the best CB in college right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X