No announcement yet.

A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we don't do it often, but what if were to draft a DE like Ansah or Okafor and then trade up in the 2nd RD for a guy like Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas if there still on the board? What would something like that cost? I'm fine with Jonathan Cooper as i mocked, but Jones and Thomas are more versatile, and seem like stellar fits with the GIANTS in my opinion. A Ansah and Barret Jones 1st and 2nd rd would really help the giants in some need areas with really solid players.. Barrett Jones certainly has a chacne to go in RD1 which would kill this idea , as far as him being drafted by us...

Would our 2nd and 3rd be enough to move up say to the 5th-9th pick of RD 2 if were picking 21-24th or so?

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
      I know we don't do it often, but what if were to draft a DE like Ansah or Okafor and then trade up in the 2nd RD for a guy like Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas if there still on the board? What would something like that cost? I'm fine with Jonathan Cooper as i mocked, but Jones and Thomas are more versatile, and seem like stellar fits with the GIANTS in my opinion. A Ansah and Barret Jones 1st and 2nd rd would really help the giants in some need areas with really solid players.. Barrett Jones certainly has a chacne to go in RD1 which would kill this idea , as far as him being drafted by us...

Would our 2nd and 3rd be enough to move up say to the 5th-9th pick of RD 2 if were picking 21-24th or so?
      The only problem is, we really do have a ton of needs to be trading up. I wouldnt mind it if we could address OL and DE, but usually it is teams with 1 or 2 missing peices that trade up, I do not think we are in that category anymore.

In fact, I think we are at a tipping point this year. This team is very close to falling out of relevance if we dont have a decent offseason and bring in more than just a couple good players. We need 3-5 quality NFL starters added to the roster this offseason and I cant see how we can do that without some serious Reese magic.
      sigpic

Comment

Ya but JPP's getting next to nothing from the rest of the team in terms of help getting to the QB..

Adrian Tracy is not turning into the player i thought he would, as i loved em as a sleeper when he came out.. I thought at worst, he'd become a solid rotational guy, capable of pressure more often then not...

We've seen nothing outta Tuck and OSI, as they both look Spent.. I mean, OSI"s got his sacks, but those are down and continue to go down, and hes shown nothing at all outside of those 6sacks or so.. Tucks just frustratingly playing bad this yr. Hes doing nothing almost every single wk.. His tackles are way down as well as his pressures.. 1 sack is ridiculous!

Linval Joseph has been are most productive pass rusher outside of JPP and OSI, and there barley beating em in sack total..lol That kinda tells u that JPP is getting some attention, as these other guys are making sure to not give defenses any reason to worry about them..lol

I'm hoping JPP's production picks back up if we get a DE like Ansah or Okafor.. I'll take either but prefer Ansah..
        JPP is being doubled and chipped, guys going after his legs. I think he is more frustrated then anything. I cant imagine how bad this defense would be without him. I think U better another guy opposite him it would improve the quality of the whole defense. Maybe 1 more guy has to stay in or they have to chose who to chip instead of always directing the blocking at 1 guy. Giants have 3 good Dlineman JPP ,Canty and Joseph . Canty however is overpaid. 2 guys I wouldnt let go of are JPP and Joseph u can have everyone else.

Comment

• As far as Im concerned u build around these players on defense

JPP
          Joseph
          Phillips
          Brown
          Amukumara
          WIll Hill
          Jacquain Williams
          Hosley - He has had a tough season I still think he can be an effective Nickel corner

Thats not very much, I like Paysinger as well think he should play more

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            As far as Im concerned u build around these players on defense

JPP
            Joseph
            Phillips
            Brown
            Amukumara
            WIll Hill
            Jacquain Williams
            Hosley - He has had a tough season I still think he can be an effective Nickel corner

That seems very fair to me.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              The only problem is, we really do have a ton of needs to be trading up. I wouldnt mind it if we could address OL and DE, but usually it is teams with 1 or 2 missing peices that trade up, I do not think we are in that category anymore.

In fact, I think we are at a tipping point this year. This team is very close to falling out of relevance if we dont have a decent offseason and bring in more than just a couple good players. We need 3-5 quality NFL starters added to the roster this offseason and I cant see how we can do that without some serious Reese magic.
              I dissagree, teams are always trading up that su-ck as well as teams that need only a few pieces.. OLINE and DLINE is obviously are 2 biggest needs, and being able to secure both of those positons in RDs 1 and 2 would seem to fill our 2 biggest needs real quick..

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                As far as Im concerned u build around these players on defense

JPP
                Joseph
                Phillips
                Brown
                Amukumara
                WIll Hill
                Jacquain Williams

I'm ok with Phillips going bye bye.. Hes injured to much and dosen't make enough plays on the ball.. I wouldent trust giving him a multi yr deal to be honest... I'd rather bring back Stevie Brown and maybe go to the FA well or draft a S...

Comment

I dissagree, teams are always trading up that su-ck as well as teams that need only a few pieces.. OLINE and DLINE is obviously are 2 biggest needs, and being able to secure both of those positons in RDs 1 and 2 would seem to fill our 2 biggest needs real quick..
                  Id say cb is a bigger need than ol

Comment

I'm ok with Phillips going bye bye.. Hes injured to much and dosen't make enough plays on the ball.. I wouldent trust giving him a multi yr deal to be honest... I'd rather bring back Stevie Brown and maybe go to the FA well or draft a S...
                    Teams don't throw anywhere near Phillips usually. They throw at Rolle or throw outside.

I would much rather have Phillips than Rolle. Could sign Phillips, brown, and Hill for what Rolle makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                      Id say cb is a bigger need than ol
                      Certainly debatable.. Snee isn't what he once was, and Diehl is dispicable and won't be back, and we've got yet to see much outta James Brewer, and Cordle is our backup C, and i don't think were all beating down doors to see him in a big minutes capacity, and Locklear is coming off bad injury and is somewhat older...etc We need a versatile lineman and Barrett Jones and or Dallas Thomas would fit that like a glove.. They both can play multiple positons and would seem to fit our scheme well..

Lets not forget who our 1st rd pick was this past yr, in David Wilson.. If were gonna run better, and get the most outta WIlson, we also need to sure up the Oline, and i think it'll pretty much be a nessecity of the Giants going forward...

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Teams don't throw anywhere near Phillips usually. They throw at Rolle or throw outside.

I would much rather have Phillips than Rolle. Could sign Phillips, brown, and Hill for what Rolle makes
                        Ya, i would probably let em both go to be honest with u.. We've been terrible against the pass for the past couple seasons, and i've seen more blown covreges with the giants then almost any other team in football, and i watch a ton of football.. I;ve seen more big plays with seemingly S and CB's not being on the same page with this team as well.. I don't think KP or Rolle is really all that, and neither is a diffrence maker, and KP seems to miss time every yr.. I would never re-sign him to a sizable deal, as ur asking for trouble...

The guys missed more games this yr, has nothing but 20tackles and a pass defended on the yr.. Hes basically a non contributor to our efforts this season and has had seasons like this in the past... WHy in the world would u bring this injury prone guy back, unless ur getting em for dirt cheap?
                        Last edited by nycsportzfan; 12-18-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Walter Football put out his weekly mock today, and he has my mock basically.. Hes got Ansah going in RD 1 and Jordan Hill in RD 3, and hes got Khaseem Greene(who i love) in RD 2... Thats a nice mock.. Dosen't help the oline, but there will be a positon being ignored no matter what we do.. FA'cy is obviously a must to help teams, as u can't usually do it all in the draft.. I love that mock though..

Comment

• Well KP being hurt this season may allow him to be resigned for not that much money.

Bigger question is if they can cut Rolle without getting a huge cap penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                              Well KP being hurt this season may allow him to be resigned for not that much money.

Bigger question is if they can cut Rolle without getting a huge cap penalty.
                              I think the Pass Defense is much better with Phillips playing.Making plays on the ball is fine but Id rather them take less shots down the field then get interceptions but also give up big plays. Just going on Big plays can be misleading look at Blackburn he makes big plays but he is awful down to down. The 1 thing that pissed me off is that cut Coe. I would of let Sash go before Coe
                              Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-18-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Certainly debatable.. Snee isn't what he once was, and Diehl is dispicable and won't be back, and we've got yet to see much outta James Brewer, and Cordle is our backup C, and i don't think were all beating down doors to see him in a big minutes capacity, and Locklear is coming off bad injury and is somewhat older...etc We need a versatile lineman and Barrett Jones and or Dallas Thomas would fit that like a glove.. They both can play multiple positons and would seem to fit our scheme well.. Lets not forget who our 1st rd pick was this past yr, in David Wilson.. If were gonna run better, and get the most outta WIlson, we also need to sure up the Oline, and i think it'll pretty much be a nessecity of the Giants going forward...
                                I really don't care how much wilson contributes, it was a wasted pick and we shouldnt waste more to justify it. I feel like you can consistently win games with journeymen OL. I do not feel like the same can be said about CBs. The difference in play of a great ol and a good one is much smaller than that when talking about corners

Comment

Working...
                                X