Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Dion Jordan is going to wait till after the combine to have surgery on his torn Labrum. Probably wont see him lift which 1 of the drills I wanted to see him perform
    How much do you think this hurts his stock if any?

    Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

    Comment


    • Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
      How much do you think this hurts his stock if any?
      The Dad of Brennan Williams the UNC OT flipped out when i said it was a serious injury. Tuck tore his at Notre Dame and tore it again with FLozell Adams tripped him and has constantly had issues with it.

      Comment


      • Someone on Twitter said Mayock was talking about Eric Fisher watching Youtube cut ups of the Senior Bowl Dlineman. I wondering if he was watching Draftbreakdowns videos should of gave us a plug

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          The Dad of Brennan Williams the UNC OT flipped out when i said it was a serious injury. Tuck tore his at Notre Dame and tore it again with FLozell Adams tripped him and has constantly had issues with it.
          So we're looking at a 2nd -3rd drop?

          Retweeted by Rueben Randle
          @Katdaddyjay 17h
          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
            So we're looking at a 2nd -3rd drop?
            I have no idea only takes 1 team. Im sure the teams doctors will want to look at it

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
              Someone on Twitter said Mayock was talking about Eric Fisher watching Youtube cut ups of the Senior Bowl Dlineman. I wondering if he was watching Draftbreakdowns videos should of gave us a plug
              Its yet another reason i really like Eric Fisher...

              Comment


              • Draft analyst Tony Pauline reports Oregon OLB Dion Jordan will likely put off his shoulder surgery until after the Combine in order to workout at the event.

                Pauline adds that more information should surface in the next few days. Yahoo!'s Doug Farrar recently wrote a story stating Jordan played the 2012 season at 226 pounds but hopes to weigh in at the Combine at 250. He is a perfect fit at strong side linebacker in our opinion and offers pass rushing ability on third downs.

                Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter
                strong side LB huh.. interesting

                Comment


                • In watching the Senior Bowl practices yesterday, Ansah has fallen out of the first round for me. To compare him to JPP is ludicrous. He has nowhere near the natural pass rushing skills that JPP had coming out nor does he have the bend around the corner. He has a lot of upside but he is a project. I'm sure he will blow up the combine and a team falls in love with him and I'm hoping that's a team that picks before us. Okafor is far superior IMO.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    Someone on Twitter said Mayock was talking about Eric Fisher watching Youtube cut ups of the Senior Bowl Dlineman. I wondering if he was watching Draftbreakdowns videos should of gave us a plug
                    That's some dedication right there for a man of his age. Just imagine how much effort he is going to put in when it's game time.

                    In watching the Senior Bowl practices yesterday, Ansah has fallen out of the first round for me. To compare him to JPP is ludicrous. He has nowhere near the natural pass rushing skills that JPP had coming out nor does he have the bend around the corner. He has a lot of upside but he is a project. I'm sure he will blow up the combine and a team falls in love with him and I'm hoping that's a team that picks before us. Okafor is far superior IMO.
                    Maybe he shouldn't be selected as a 4-3 DE in the 1st round but I'd roll the dice on him all day as a 3-4 DE. I'm sure the 49ers would be stoked to take this kid as Justin Smith's replacement when he moves on. Ansah and Aldon Smith would be a sick combo.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TheEnigma View Post
                      That's some dedication right there for a man of his age. Just imagine how much effort he is going to put in when it's game time.



                      Maybe he shouldn't be selected as a 4-3 DE in the 1st round but I'd roll the dice on him all day as a 3-4 DE. I'm sure the 49ers would be stoked to take this kid as Justin Smith's replacement when he moves on. Ansah and Aldon Smith would be a sick combo.
                      Yeah, what I mean is out of the first round for us. He is definitely a better fit in a 3-4 defense but as a 4-3 end, I don't see much at all.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                        In watching the Senior Bowl practices yesterday, Ansah has fallen out of the first round for me. To compare him to JPP is ludicrous. He has nowhere near the natural pass rushing skills that JPP had coming out nor does he have the bend around the corner. He has a lot of upside but he is a project. I'm sure he will blow up the combine and a team falls in love with him and I'm hoping that's a team that picks before us. Okafor is far superior IMO.
                        Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside. I think the Giants D was at its best when Tuck was inside causing problems Id like to get a guy that can do that again
                        Last edited by Redeyejedi; 01-24-2013, 01:16 PM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside
                          I agree with most of this. I love Jones as I feel he offers a lot more of what we desire in a DL. He has the versatility to kick inside on 3rd downs, plays the run well and can rush from the end.

                          Comment


                          • I think the whole line needs to be rebuilt. Id like to see a Strongside end that can slide inside on 3rd down and be replaced with a speed rusher in passing situations

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside. I think the Giants D was at its best when Tuck was inside causing problems Id like to get a guy that can do that again
                              Datone JOnes is so physical and stong, he reminds me alot of Justin Tuck.. Hes been looking really good at the sr bowl practices , from what i've read..

                              As far as Ansah, he is a physical freak , and i think the more he learns the game of football and the positon of 4/3 end, the better he'll get.. He all ready makes splash plays, and all he really needs to do, is figure out 1or2 more pass rush moves, and he's gonna be a stud.. He's also pretty solid at jumping up and batting down passes, which he did yet again in Sr Bowl practice. I guess he made a play eerily simialr to the one he made in the bowl game...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                                I think the whole line needs to be rebuilt. Id like to see a Strongside end that can slide inside on 3rd down and be replaced with a speed rusher in passing situations
                                Heres the play i was talking about , as it came from the Scrimmage at the end of the day yesterday.. Charlie Campbell is doing the reporting..


                                Perhaps the most impressive play of practice came when Ansah skied into the air to deflect a pass from Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel. The deflected ball floated long enough for Gooden to be able to snatch it for an interception. Ansah got incredibly high to deflect that pass, and it looked like a play he made in BYU's bowl game last month. Ansah really displayed his explosiveness.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X