A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• List of players Giants have met with.
    Been meaning to cut something on the MD TE tested real well. Full game of him up on Youtube vs Clemson 2011 which was his best game statistically if anyone is interested

Luke Batton, LB, Kent State (INT)
    Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton (PRI)
    DeWayne Cherrington, DL, Mississippi State (PRO)
    Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland (PRI)
    Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (PRO)
    Lamar Mady, OL, Youngstown State (INT)
    Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook (PRI)
    Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham (PRO)
    Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
    Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRI)
    Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)
    Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (PRI)

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      List of players Giants have met with.
      Been meaning to cut something on the MD TE tested real well. Full game of him up on Youtube vs Clemson 2011 which was his best game statistically if anyone is interested

Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRI)
      Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)
      Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (PRI)
      I saw this list on Waltersfootball. The impression I walked away with how good the Giants are at keeping secrets because it seemed like every other team has 2x the number of players interviews.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
        Very excited to see giants workout Nick Catapano DE Princeton.. This kids got a chance to be a steal and would be excellent guy to challenge for snaps at the SDE positon and possibly contend for the job for good going forward... Heres a list of guys linked to giants so far... Khaseem Greene isn't on the list, and we did have him in for a visit as well..

New York Giants:
        Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRi)
        Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR
        Either they are keeping things quiet or they arent doing much homework. They are allowed a certain amount of visits why not use them. Why not bring in Ogletree and talk to him . Why not do medical work ups on some guys

Comment

Either they are keeping things quiet or they arent doing much homework. They are allowed a certain amount of visits why not use them. Why not bring in Ogletree and talk to him . Why not do medical work ups on some guys
          I think there is some guys we probably don't know about, and maybe when Jerry went to GA , he saw what he needed to outta Ogletree, and hes gonna use his allowed visits elsewhere over whats still a month before draft..

All ready we've been linked to Chance Warmack, Khaseem Greene, Miguel Maysonet, Brian Winters, Nick Kasa, and Mike Catapano, all guys i really like, and obviously we've been to some major schools prodays as well... I'm ok with the rumours up to this point and with FA'cy for that matter.. So far this is shaping up to be a solid offseason, considering out financial situation.. Top it off with a solid draft..

Comment

• Just saw on Twitter that NFL Network has an emphasis on not tipping the draft picks this year. Thats great news ESPN has ruined the draft by announcing the picks sometimes 2 before they are called

Comment

• Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
              Here is another guy from South Florida. Check out these numbers from his pro day:

George Baker
              CB
              5-11

40 yd

39.5 vert

I know zero about this guy but a 5'11" corner with 4.3 wheels and an almost 40 inch vertical is worth a look.
              1 of his people asked me to cut tape for him but asked for specific games. Really dont like doing that. Maybe I will cut up the Rutgers game played pretty well
              Last edited by Redeyejedi; 03-30-2013, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h I was also told by same source not to put LSE DE Sam Montgomery within the first 3 rounds of the draft. He also believes Richardson>Floyd

Comment

• Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st. Eric Reid's stock is on the rise and could go round 1

Comment

• Originally posted by juice33s View Post
                    Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st. Eric Reid's stock is on the rise and could go round 1
                    Ya, i've never been sold on Patterson as a 1st rd draft pick, as hes a risk, and getting drafted mostly on what his physcial gifts could translate to on the field, and his hands are shoddy at best...

Comment

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h I was also told by same source not to put LSE DE Sam Montgomery within the first 3 rounds of the draft. He also believes Richardson>Floyd
                      Sam Montgomery looks so awkward running

Comment

Ya, i've never been sold on Patterson as a 1st rd draft pick, as hes a risk, and getting drafted mostly on what his physcial gifts could translate to on the field, and his hands are shoddy at best...
                        Supposedly it's due to very poor interviews and not being the quickest learner (Needs a lot of reps in practice to understand something)

Comment

Supposedly it's due to very poor interviews and not being the quickest learner (Needs a lot of reps in practice to understand something)
                          Ya, add in hes got a bunch of inconsistencies to his game, hes a risky pick.. Redeye and I had just discussed that not all that long ago..

Comment

Sam Montgomery looks so awkward running
                            Still that would be quite a fall for someone who was considered a top 20 pick just a few months ago. Although at the time I hated the thought of the Giants using a first on him...A lot of ppl will point to his downfall starting with the omission that he took plays off, but to me he was always just over rated. He has the size of a speed rusher, yet the skill set of a base LDE, not exactly a great combination.
                            Last edited by juice33s; 04-10-2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• I wouldent' mind trading down and adding picks and drafting Jamar Taylor.. I've always liked em alot, and the more i see, hes perfect for us, as hes got speed, ball skills, and can man up and play zone, and is one of the best corners against the run.. Very physcial player, and also solid size.. Dude ran a sub 4.4 40 at combine as well, i believe..

Comment

I wouldent' mind trading down and adding picks and drafting Jamar Taylor.. I've always liked em alot, and the more i see, hes perfect for us, as hes got speed, ball skills, and can man up and play zone, and is one of the best corners against the run.. Very physcial player, and also solid size.. Dude ran a sub 4.4 40 at combine as well, i believe..
                                This draft seems to be pretty stacked with corners...It's very likely we see 5 go in the first round and that doesn't even include Banks, Amserson and Mathieu who before the season started people considered them top 20 picks....I'd be ecstatic if because of the depth, Jordan Poyer dropped to us in round 3

Just checked Walts draft and he has the Giants Getting Poyer in round 4, Even better! (Although that seems to good to be true)
                                Last edited by juice33s; 04-10-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X