No announcement yet.

A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This draft as a whole seems to be loaded in the secondary, for all you KP fans upset by his departure, it might be consoling to know that we could get a clone in TJ Mcdonald for little more then a 5th

Comment

• Originally posted by juice33s View Post
      This draft as a whole seems to be loaded in the secondary, for all you KP fans upset by his departure, it might be consoling to know that we could get a clone in TJ Mcdonald for little more then a 5th
      Prior to this year I would have agreed.

He looked SO bad in 2012. He would have some explaining to do in interviews imho.

Look at the Oregon game tape. It is painful what Barner did to him in the open field. That wasn't his only bad tape either. He sucked equally vs the pass as he did vs the run.

This year I see a guy who lumbered rather than ran and had serious change of direction problems. I know he had ankle surgery recently and maybe that explains it because I cannot, he looked good in 2011.

But there were also reports of a poor senior bowl week as well.

This kid would have been a late 1st round to early 2nd round pick last year, and now he is a 4th -5th round pick. I am baffled by his play this year.
      sigpic

Comment

• best case scenario mock (bleacher report)

1st- Lane Johnson
        2nd- Arthur Brown
        3rd- Sam Montgomery
        4th- Logan Ryan
        5th- Oday Aboushi
        6th- Marquise Goodwin
        7th- Omoregie Uzzi
        Last edited by Carter.525; 04-10-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
          Ya, add in hes got a bunch of inconsistencies to his game, hes a risky pick.. Redeye and I had just discussed that not all that long ago..
          People compare him to Calvin Johnson the guy struggled to get open for more then half the season. He had 1 100 yard game against Troy. Its great to be explosive with the ball in your hands but his route running sux

Comment

Supposedly it's due to very poor interviews and not being the quickest learner (Needs a lot of reps in practice to understand something)
            so funny i said this a month ago or so (when his stock was at its highest). Further, I also have seen that USC wr, (a guy a few months ago i had mwntioned i actually believed he was the best wr prospect in terms of prototypical wr in this draft. he's like a more elusive, faster steve smith with his route running and fluidity in and out of breaks/cuts. I cant recall his name atm which is embarrassing, but i've seen kiper/mcshay/ mayock all move him up and now he's seen as a late 1rst rd prospect by the consensus of analysts i respect.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
              so funny i said this a month ago or so (when his stock was at its highest). Further, I also have seen that USC wr, (a guy a few months ago i had mwntioned i actually believed he was the best wr prospect in terms of prototypical wr in this draft. he's like a more elusive, faster steve smith with his route running and fluidity in and out of breaks/cuts. I cant recall his name atm which is embarrassing, but i've seen kiper/mcshay/ mayock all move him up and now he's seen as a late 1rst rd prospect by the consensus of analysts i respect.
              Robert Woods. He was ranked number 1 before the season but like I said then ,Even though he may be the best WR in the class that type usually doesnt get picked as the top WR. I feel if u take him u are almost guaranteeing yourself a 1000 yard receiver .

Comment

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                People compare him to Calvin Johnson the guy struggled to get open for more then half the season. He had 1 100 yard game against Troy. Its great to be explosive with the ball in your hands but his route running sux
                Agreed.. I've seen some drops that were pretty pathetic and as u said, the route running needs a ton of work as well.. Its funny, becuase i'd seen some have Jets drafting this guy, and this to me, would b a jets type move...

Comment

• Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith visited the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit the New York Giants next, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Smith is 6-foot-5, 250 pounds and is recovering from a knee injury (torn ACL) that ended his final season prematurely. He is one of the sleeper pass-rushers in this year's draft, as he shows the ability to get around the edge because of his long strides and closing speed. ESPN's Todd McShay recently said Smith was a "name to remember" and a potential "Day 3 steal". http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...raft-headlines

Comment

• The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein does not expect a TE to be selected in the top 15 picks. "Eifert is pretty good, but certainly not special - at all," Zierlein tweeted http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...raft-headlines I've been saying the same thing for months

Comment

Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith visited the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit the New York Giants next, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Smith is 6-foot-5, 250 pounds and is recovering from a knee injury (torn ACL) that ended his final season prematurely. He is one of the sleeper pass-rushers in this year's draft, as he shows the ability to get around the edge because of his long strides and closing speed. ESPN's Todd McShay recently said Smith was a "name to remember" and a potential "Day 3 steal". http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...raft-headlines
                      Some have mocked us Fluker at 19, smith beat Fluker for 3 sacks in their game....that's good enough for me in a late round pick....

Comment

• Originally posted by myles2424 View Post
                        Some have mocked us Fluker at 19, smith beat Fluker for 3 sacks in their game....that's good enough for me in a late round pick....
                        One major problem is he tore his ACL in November...Also he only beat FLuker once, he beat Cyrus Kuandijio for the other 2
                        Last edited by juice33s; 04-11-2013, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith visited the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit the New York Giants next, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Ya, without the ACL injury, this guy would of been a top 4rd selection, and i think would be a nice athletic edge rusher for us, whos obviously got room to add weight on his frame.. This guys a good upside pick, in the late rds...

Comment

• Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 59m Vinston Painter/G/Va Tech visits: Tampa Bay Bucs, Detroit Lions, NY Giants, Denver Broncos, SD Chargers, Jax Jaguars & Cincinnati Bengals.

Comment

• Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 1h Alonzo Tweedy/S/Virginia Tech has worked out for the New England Patriots and will be traveling to see the New York Giants next week...

Comment

• (On Chance Warmack) Draft insider Tony Pauline notes that the Giants "would love the opportunity to select him as they feel he’s a great fit for their system."

"Moving towards the draft it seems one of the Giants early targets, Warmack’s teammate D.J. Fluker, will be out of reach," Pauline writes. It isn't in the Giants' nature to draft offensive linemen in the top two rounds, but we won't rule out these two prospects. Defensive line might be more likely. http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/c...aft-headlines/

Comment

Working...
                                X