Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Ohara is getting a little long in the tooth and although he has been exceptional the last 3 years he could turn downhill at any point

Stefan Wisniewski 6-3 300 C/G- Some have him listed as a latefirst rounder which I guess is possible but I think he is more of a mid to late2nd round prospect at center. Wisniwski started 12 games at center in 2009 but will be back at guard for 2010. (2)

Kristofer O'Dowd 6-5 300 C- He is the best center in the class no doubt and has the frame to bulk up a little more. I doubt the Giants would get the chance or even want to pick O'Dowdat 32 unless Oharas play falls of a cliff but somebody will get a good center prospect. The only problem I have with O'Dowd is that he is injury prone.The guy is tough and Carrol needed to remove himfrom the field because O'Dowd wanted to continue to play hurt (1-2)

Mike Pouncey 6-5 320 C/G- A lot of you liked his brother Maurkice and wanted the Giants to select him in the first round.While I liked Pouncey as the best interior lineman I wasnt crazy about a first round pick being used on him. Mike is a massive center but Im not quite sure if its best postion.He may be a better fit at guard but mentioned him because of the love his brother got on this board (2)

Jake Kirkpatrick 6-3 305 C/G- I was only going to mention the consensustop guys at the position for now but I really like Jake so I thought I would put his name on here. Jake is a freak athlete for a center who doesnt have that much experience playing football "Which should fit with Reese did in this draft LOL". Jake is the leader of an offensive line that was top 5 in rushing and 7th in sacks allowed. Most people have Jake as a 5th rounder. This is a pretty good class at center so that is possible but I think he will be a guy that creeps towards the top of the center rankings by draft time next year

[/quote] I was gonna put up Pouncey and O'Dowd, u obviously already got there.. I will add a Center who i think will move up alot during the Season..

Dan Wegner C Notre Dame
    - A very gritty, hardnosed competitor, who was highly recrutied coming out of highschool.... I think hes gonna move up teams boards bigtime this yr...

Obi Ezeh ILB Michigan
    - Heres a ILB to watch out for this yr.. This guys is poised to breakout in a big way, watch him climb ladders this season! He'd of been a early 3rd rd pick this yr, if he came out.. This guy is a sure tackler, that can explode downhill, and isn't really a liability in coverege.
    [/quote]

Obi Ezeh - FTW

Comment

Early 2011 Big Board 1-25

1.Ryan Mallet- QB Arkansas-Mallet is a physical beast who admittedly is extremely raw.Mallets TD to Int ratio was 30-7 last year with a completion percentage of just under 56%. The decision making is there if the accuracy improves along with his physical attributes look out.

2.Patrick Peterson CB LSU- The best corner prospect in years at 6-1 211. Think Antrell Rolle in college.

3. Jake Locker QB Washington- Has some blemishes that he isnt called on but has great footwork for a college QB

4. Robert Quinn DE North Carolina- 52 tackles 19 TFL and 11 sacks as a sophomore for the loaded Tarheels defense.

5.Adrian Clayborn 3-4 DE Iowa- The first of an absolutely loaded 3-4 End class. 11 sacks 70 tackles with 20 TFL.

6.Cameron Heyward 3-4 DE Ohio State- Very high motor player that plays inside and out.

7. AJ Green WR Georgia- Crisp route runner with great NFL size.

8. Marcel Dareus 3-4 DE/DT Alabama- Plays both positions in Alabama's multi front hybrid defense.

9. Julio Jones WR Alabama- Julio had a down year but there is no question the tools are there

10. Greg Romeus DE Pitt- Very athletic for a 6-5 270LB DE.

11. Andrew Luck QB Stanford- A lot of people are very high on Luck and I have seen him projected by some as the number 1 pick in the 2011 draft.

12. Joe Barksdale T LSU- In my opinion a better left tackle prospect then Ciron Black he will get his chance to prove it this fall.

13. Prince Akamura CB Nebraska- Reminds me a lot of Corey Webster a physical corner who excels in man and struggles in zone.

14. Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin- Personally I think he is a better fit for RT but we will see

15. Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt- Another Giant receiver at 6-5 225 this class has some good ones

16. Ras I Dowling FS/CB Virgina- Dowling reminds me of Malcom Jenkins.Depending on the team he gets drafted he may end up at free safety.

17. Von Miller 3-4 OLB Texas A&M- Miller is one hell of a pass rusher. Strictly a 3-4 prospect unless he gains 25 pounds.

18.Bruce Carter LB NC- Carter possess great raw skill and in my opinion could play any linebacker spot. He needs to bulk up to move to the middle but he certainly has the frame

19.Marvin Austin DT NC-Based on potential Austin could be at the top of the charts but the production just isn't there

20.Rahim Moore S UCLA-Had an other worldly 10 interceptions in 2009

21.Jared Crick 3/4 DE/DT- Lost in the shuffle of Suh's fantastic season Crick quietly put together a season that would jump out if u weren't playing next to the best DT in the country. Crick had 9.5 Sacks and 73 tackles 15 TFL

22.Deandre Mcdaniel S Clemson-Another ball hawking FS Mcdanielhad7 interceptions in 2009. Ball hawking safeties

23.Aaron Williams CB Texas- Another big physical corner for the 2011 draft

24.Mark Ingram RB Alabama- The Heisman trophy winner doesn't have elite size or speed. He does run hard and possess an all around skill set

25.Allen Bailey 3-4 DE/DT Miami- The U can return to the 1st round of the NFL draft with a freak of an athlete in Allen Bailey.

26-50 Later

Comment

1.Ryan Mallet- QB Arkansas-Mallet is a physical beast who admittedly is extremely raw.Mallets TD to Int ratio was 30-7 last year with a completion percentage of just under 56%. The decision making is there if the accuracy improves along with his physical attributes look out.

2.Patrick Peterson CB LSU- The best corner prospect in years at 6-1 211. Think Antrell Rolle in college.

3. Jake Locker QB Washington- Has some blemishes that he isnt called on but has great footwork for a college QB

4. Robert Quinn DE North Carolina- 52 tackles 19 TFL and 11 sacks as a sophomore for the loaded Tarheels defense.

5.Adrian Clayborn 3-4 DE Iowa- The first of an absolutely loaded 3-4 End class. 11 sacks 70 tackles with 20 TFL.

6.Cameron Heyward 3-4 DE Ohio State- Very high motor player that plays inside and out.

8. Marcel Dareus 3-4 DE/DT Alabama- Plays both positions in Alabama's multi front hybrid defense.

9. Julio Jones WR Alabama- Julio had a down year but there is no question the tools are there

11. Andrew Luck QB Stanford- A lot of people are very high on Luck and I have seen him projected by some as the number 1 pick in the 2011 draft.

12. Joe Barksdale T LSU- In my opinion a better left tackle prospect then Ciron Black he will get his chance to prove it this fall.

13. Prince Akamura CB Nebraska- Reminds me a lot of Corey Webster a physical corner who excels in man and struggles in zone.

14. Gabe Carimi T Wisconsin- Personally I think he is a better fit for RT but we will see

15. Jonathan Baldwin WR Pitt- Another Giant receiver at 6-5 225 this class has some good ones

16. Ras I Dowling FS/CB Virgina- Dowling reminds me of Malcom Jenkins.Depending on the team he gets drafted he may end up at free safety.

17. Von Miller 3-4 OLB Texas A&M- Miller is one hell of a pass rusher. Strictly a 3-4 prospect unless he gains 25 pounds.

18.Bruce Carter LB NC- Carter possess great raw skill and in my opinion could play any linebacker spot. He needs to bulk up to move to the middle but he certainly has the frame

19.Marvin Austin DT NC-Based on potential Austin could be at the top of the charts but the production just isn't there

21.Jared Crick 3/4 DE/DT- Lost in the shuffle of Suh's fantastic season Crick quietly put together a season that would jump out if u weren't playing next to the best DT in the country. Crick had 9.5 Sacks and 73 tackles 15 TFL

22.Deandre Mcdaniel S Clemson-Another ball hawking FS Mcdanielhad7 interceptions in 2009. Ball hawking safeties

24.Mark Ingram RB Alabama- The Heisman trophy winner doesn't have elite size or speed. He does run hard and possess an all around skill set

25.Allen Bailey 3-4 DE/DT Miami- The U can return to the 1st round of the NFL draft with a freak of an athlete in Allen Bailey.

26-50 Later

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

26-50 Later

[/quote] A guy, i kinda like alot, is Matt Renyolds OT BYU... He has RT written all over em, and if we have a Big Yr, and draft in the later 20's or hopefully last pick of Rd 1, i'd definetly not mind scooping him up for Kareem McKenzies positon, then Move Diehl Inside, and have Beatty on the LT positon..

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

26-50 Later

[/quote] A guy, i kinda like alot, is Matt Renyolds OT BYU... He has RT written all over em, and if we have a Big Yr, and draft in the later 20's or hopefully last pick of Rd 1, i'd definetly not mind scooping him up for Kareem McKenzies positon, then Move Diehl Inside, and have Beatty on the LT positon..

Comment

Mark Herzlich
              The Gigalo with the most below

Comment

I love the North Carolina defense. They have great players all over the field.

Here is a video of Robert Quinn vs Anthony Constanzo of BC one of the top rated tackles in the 2011 draft.Watch Quinn absolutly abuse him at 22 seconds.They battled back and forth good video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqJrj...eature=related

Here is another of Linebacker Quan Sturdivant a MLB-WLB prospect i had hoped would of come out in 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id-whIyM9AA&NR=1

Same game the speedy Stong Side linebacker of NC Bruce Carter.Who comes with some measurables .6-3 230 4.45 40 40 inch vert. the guys a beast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wCYc...eature=related

Comment

I like...

1. Quan Sturdivant MLB, Carolina
                  2. Demarcus Love Offensive Tackle, Arkansas

Others

RB's
                  Noel Devine W. Virginia
                  Da'Rel Scott Maryland
                  Evan Royster PSU

SS
                  DeAndre McDaniel Clemson

FS
                  Robert Sands W. Virginia

CB
                  Patrick Peterson LSU

MLB
                  Kelvin Sheppard LSU
                  Don'ta Hightower Alabama
                  Martez Wilson Illinois
                  Jeremy Beal Oklahoma

Comment

Bruce Carter please...

Comment

Patrick Peterson is like a Super CB.. He is very big for a corner, absolutely ripped and very fast...He also has locked down Aj Green and Julio Jones 2 Big physical S.E.C WR
                      I would love to see him on the Giants next year

Comment

I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body.
                        www.america-jerseys.com

Comment

looking forward to the 2010 drafts
                          www.america-jerseys.com

Comment

I like this thread. I'm taking notes and writing down names. I love college ball! And I enjoy watching players I know. Good thread Redeyejedi.

If anyone plays NCAA 11 let me know. (xbox)

Comment

[quote user="Armstead#98"]Patrick Peterson is like a Super CB.. He is very big for a corner, absolutely ripped and very fast...He also has locked down Aj Green and Julio Jones 2 Big physical S.E.C WR
                              [/quote]

I think Peterson is a top 10 pick. Hopefully the giants have no shot at him. That is if he even declares. Hes a junior this upcoming year.

Comment

[quote user="Armstead#98"]Patrick Peterson is like a Super CB.. He is very big for a corner, absolutely ripped and very fast...He also has locked down Aj Green and Julio Jones 2 Big physical S.E.C WR
                                [/quote]

Yeah Petersons awesome doubt we get a shot at him though. He is likely a top 10 pick. Prince Akamura from Nebraska is a nice player 2. The 11 draft has some big physical corners at the top . The depth might not be as good as the 10 draft but when I look at some of these players the top guys are pretty damn good. QB,CB,LB and DE especially the 3-4 ends have very strong classes.

Comment

Working...
                                X