Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

Anyone got thoughts on Temples Muhammad Wilkerson. It sux that Temple missed a bowl game even though they went 8-4 I would of liked to see him one more time. The only game I saw him play was against Penn State and he looked pretty good.They lined him up a lot as a5 tech even 7.He has upside as a pass rusher, is scheme versatile as a 3 or 5 tech. I still think this teamneeds a beast 3 tech. Cantyhas been average and hasno guaranteed money left on his deal. With Coefield a free agent could the Giants cut Canty to keep Barry and go after another 3 tech in the draft. Probably not but I still think the spot needs to be upgraded. Anyone catch any games of him, more then me at least

[/quote] i don't know much about him Redeye, buts hes got intriguing Qualitys... I am amped to see Bernard Pierce next yr.. I hope hes fully healthy and gets a full yr of healthy ball in.... That dude is sensational when healthy.. Seriously, he mite be the best back in the country when fully healthy, i love em

Comment

Anyone got thoughts on Temples Muhammad Wilkerson.[/quote]

Late 1st, early 2nd. Imo

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="Neverend"]Von Miller played great. This guy has a nose for the QB. Von Miller's frame and the way he rushes the passer makes me wonder if the guy will make it in the NFL. Way too undersized to be any factor against the run and his technique against the run is poor. Doesn't have a lot of pass rushing moves and takes himself out of plays too often for my liking. But for some odd the reason, the guy just continues to play dominant football. I can't put my finger on this kid, I really can't. He looks like an oversized safety but rushes the passer like hes 260, rare talent indeed. A lock to go into the 1st round to a 3-4 team[/quote]6-3 240+ is undersized??
        [/quote]

The guy is not bigger than 240 pounds... He looks barely 230 and really lacks upper body strength, might struggle shedding blocks in the NFL probably

Comment

Shrine Bowl practices started up today. Not sure if anyone belongs to any of the sites that have running blogs but if they do if they could paraphrase it would be cool.

Rumor has itPatrick Peterson is down in FL working out with Sam Madision polishing up his technique

Dontay Moch weighed in at 229 and is listed as an OLB for the West

Here is the height weight chart

EAST:

WEST:

Comment

Some stuff i found around the net http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4232

Marvin Austin DL North Carolina

Tues:Started slow but really picked it up. Showed a lot of power, quickness and explosion.

Rarely got held up off the line.

Wed:

—

Ryan Bartholomew OL Syracuse

Tues:

Moves well yet got smoked on a number of plays and on the ground too much.

Wed:

—

Bryant Browning OL Ohio State

Tues:Awful technician; narrow base and does not sink his butt which adversely effected his run

blocking ability. Moved well and solid in pass protection.

Wed:

—

Mario Butler DB Georgia Tech

Tues:Looked good in drills. Fluid and smooth. Also made some nice plays facing the action.

Wed:

—

Wes Byrum K Auburn

Tues:Kick-offs were not good.

Wed:

—

Delone Carter RB Syracuse

Tues: Some shiftiness and a nice burst. Willingly took it up the middle.

Wed:

—

Graig Cooper RB Miami

Tues:Looked good. Quick footed and very shifty. Nice creativity on the inside. Not wearing a

knee brace.

Wed:

—

Akem Dent LB Georgia

Tues:

Wed:

—

Patrick Devlin QB Delaware

Tues: Really struggled to throw the ball. Passes float and wobble. Did not look good.

Wed:

—

Ricky Dobbs QB Navy

Tues:

Wed:

—

Charles Gantt TE Michigan State

Tues:Really looked dominant as a blocker. Jumped offside part of the day but still looked

good.

Wed:

—

Eric Gordon DB Michigan State

Tues:Listed at strong safety.

Wed:

—

Christian Hairston OL Clemson

Tues:Average day. Big guy but not as dominant as you’d think.

Wed:

—

Jermale Hines DB Ohio State

Tues:Looked best moving up the field. Slow and mechanical in his peddle.

Wed:

—

Douglas Hogue LB Syracuse

Tues:

Wed:

—

Randall Hunt OL Illinois

Tues:Violent blocker that controls opponents once he gets his hands on them. Then again got beaten bad on a number of occasions when opponents got the first step on him and he had to adjust. Slightly stiff.

Wed:

—

Lestar Jean WR Florida Atlantic

Tues:

Tall target. Gets off the line quickly. Lost out battling Justin Rogers of Richmond.

Wed:

—

Brian Lainhart DB Kent State

Tues:Just looks slow and as though he’s forcing the issue in drills. Nothing to make us not believe he’s just a straight line safety.

Wed:

—

Scott Lutrus LB Connecticut

Tues:Showed a lot of athleticism on the field.

Wed:

—
            Gregory Lyoyd II LB Connecticut

Tues:Mentally gets it but lacks quickness and agility.

Wed:

—

Terrell McClain DL USF

Tues: Really had a solid day. Explosive off the snap and great all around quickness. Not the strongest yet held his own.

Wed:

—

Josh McNary LB Army

Tues:Looked athletic and forceful. Made a number of nice plays.

Wed:

—

Bruce Miller DL UCF

Tues: Solely played defensive end. Fast off the edge and showed some quickness yet cannot get off blocks. Really goes hard.

Wed:

—

Jonathan Nelson DB Oklahoma

Tues:Made a nice pick then came back and got beaten badly trying to defend the run (DeLone

Carter?).

Wed:

—

Olong Ogbu DL Penn State

Tues:Fires off the snap with a tremendous first step which gave him an advantage over the poor o-linemen of the East. Fought hard and was not dominated.

Wed:

—

Martin Parker DL Richmond

Tues:Impressive. Looked quick, athletic and better than average strength. Won out a number of times in one-on-one drills and more than held his own.

Wed:

—

Jah Reid OL UCF

Tues:Big, monstrous right tackle that flashed. Struggled to adjust but showed some skills.

Wed:

—

Justin Rogers DB Richmond

Tues:Looked good all the way around. Quick feet, nice burst and fast. Made a nice break-up against Cecil Shorts in scrimmage.

Wed:

—

Brian Rolle LB Ohio State

Tues:Made a few nice plays but constantly swallowed by blocks.

Wed:

—

Evan Royster RB Penn State

Tues: Just a one cut runner yet a very good one-cut runner.

Wed:

—

Anthony Sherman FB Connecticut

Tues:Displayed deceptive speed and on a number of occasions was able to turn the corner

carrying the ball. Blue collar blocker.

Wed:

—

Cecil Shorts WR Mt. Union

Tues: Ran decent routes. Made a nice grab on an out with a defender draped on him. Still

leaves his feet unnecessarily at times.

Wed:

—

David Sims DB Iowa State

Tues:

Wed:

—

Greg Smith TE Texas

Tues: Slightly disappointed. Looked off balance and struggled finishing blocks.

Wed:

—

Mike Smith OL Nebraska

Tues:Played left tackle and wasn’t awful Controlled opponents once he gets his hands on

them.

Wed:

—

Tyrod Taylor QB Virginia Tech

Tues:Threw the ball reasonably well but he’s short. Strains to see over the offensive linemen.

Wed:

—

Josh Thomas DB Buffalo

Tues: Slightly disappointing in that we thought his foot quickness and backpedal would be better.

Wed:

—

Terrence Toliver WR LSU

Tues:Did a good job blocking.

Wed:

—

Justin Trattou DL Florida

Tues:Gave more than we thought; better athlete, pass rusher, etc.

Wed:

—

Terrence Turner WR Indiana

Tues:

Wed:

—

Demarcus Van Dyke DB Miami

Tues: Looked great mechanically in drills. Flamingo thin legs.

Wed:

—

Kyle Adams TE Purdue

Tues:Worked his blocks. Technically sound.

Wed:

—

Beau Warren OL Virginia Tech

Tues:Quick and got leverage on opponents yet also manhandled by Austin and McClain at times.

Wed:

—

William Rackley OL Lehigh

Tues:Played right tackle and struggled. Looked very passive and did too much catching defenders. Better off at guard.

Wed:

—

Kenny Rowe DL Oregon

Tues:Flashed playmaking skill. Tall, angular

Comment

Rumor has itPatrick Peterson is down in FL working out with Sam Madision polishing up his technique

[/quote]

Nice. Because that's my personal issue with him. He plays with sloppy technique sometimes but gets away with it because

a) his terrific speed and athleticism

b) QBs in college football tend to always throw floaters so its easy to recover when you get beat

Comment

good stuff thanks. made me laugh

Demarcus Van *** DB Miami

Tues: Looked great mechanically in drills. Flamingo thin legs.

Comment

[quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

Nice. Because that's my personal issue with him. He plays with sloppy technique sometimes but gets away with it because

b) QBs in college football tend to always throw floaters so its easy to recover when you get beat

[/quote]

patrick peterson is by far the best CB to come out since darelle revis, get your facts straight.

Comment

[quote user="nevada11"][patrick peterson is by far the best CB to come out since darelle revis, get your facts straight.

[/quote]

Based on size and athleticism, not technique.

Comment

Terrell McClain DL USF

Tues: Really had a solid day. Explosive off the snap and great all around quickness. Not the strongest yet held his own.

Wed:

—-

I really like this guy, as i mentioned in the sleeper thread... I am gonna be keeping close tabs from here till draft... Good size, explosion, no real weakness against the pass or run... This guys a serious sleeper, in my opinion...

Comment

Shrine Bowl practices started up today. Not sure if anyone belongs to any of the sites that have running blogs but if they do if they could paraphrase it would be cool.

EAST:

WEST:

[/quote] So many intresting prospects to even comprehend..lol Some of the Ht and Wt's are surprising, for the good and bad... Like mario butler only being a touch over 180... I could swear he was 190ish, watching him play.. Not that big a deal, just a tad surprising.. How about Barksdale at 336! Is he a Guard, ya think? Hes not overly athletic, and weights over the mid 330's, so a power guard may be best sutied, for barksdale.. I'm dying to no how fast Cortez Allen runs, with that size!

Comment

[quote user="nevada11"][quote user="Neverend"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

patrick peterson is by far the best CB to come out since darelle revis, get your facts straight.

[/quote]

darelle revis wasnt even considered the best CB coming out ofhis draft class, how about YOU get your facts straight. peterson is probably the most athletic CB to come out since cromartie, but that dosen't translate to success. CB is already a tough position to play as it is. i dont think peterson is a bad player, absolutely not, just some flaws i think he needs to improve on. in the nfl receivers are very talented and athletic and QBs (usually) throw passes in-stride

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

EAST:

WEST:

[/quote] So many intresting prospects to even comprehend..lol Some of the Ht and Wt's are surprising, for the good and bad... Like mario butler only being a touch over 180... I could swear he was 190ish, watching him play.. Not that big a deal, just a tad surprising.. How about Barksdale at 336! Is he a Guard, ya think? Hes not overly athletic, and weights over the mid 330's, so a power guard may be best sutied, for barksdale.. I'm dying to no how fast Cortez Allen runs, with that size!
                            [/quote]
                            i know this is gonna be a good game. my favorite sleeper RB cooper is sounding good. wish taylor was a little taller as i love him as a project QB but i dont think he's any shorter than brees..is he?

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]

EAST:

WEST:

[/quote]
                              i know this is gonna be a good game. my favorite sleeper RB cooper is sounding good. wish taylor was a little taller as i love him as a project QB but i dont think he's any shorter than brees..is he?
                              [/quote] the only problem is, he dosen't throw it like brees.. Taylor could be pretty solid, in due time, but Brees was a 2nd rd pick, who threw masterfully througout his college career, so the HT thing, matters little, when comparing the 2...

Taylor could be somesort of Wildcat weapon who potentially down the line gets a chance and is the type of QB who wins games with a mixture of using his feet, and timely throws, and making the big pass when needed, but i never see him slinging it around 30times a game, completing 22 of em, or anything like that, on the regular...

I'm a kapernick guy myself..

Comment

Mel Kipers Mock Draft is on Espn Right now, and let it be known, i had Mikel Leshoure moving up into RD 1 before him!!!!!lol I said expect him to have a ryan matthews, knowhson moreno type rise... Your beat Kiper!!!!lol

Comment

Working...
                                X