A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Lord I hope not this guy is nowhere near "elite"at best he's a RT to add I wouldn't draft RB Mark Ingram I think the giants should either trade up for a CB or WR or trade back to the 2nd round and go after LB's and OL not that big a differance between the 1st RD lineman and the 2nd RD ones.

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Anthony Castonzo had his Pro Day yesterday. Plenty of scouts from other teams were in attendance, but only the Giants and Patriots had their Offensive Line coach there. Will Castonzo still be on the board at 19, and if so do the Giants take him?

Photo by Nancy Lane

PRO INSTRUCTIONS: Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty (right) directs Boston College’s Anthony Castonzo in a drill during yesterday’s Pro Day.

[/quote] I think Ant Castanzo is the fave right now, amongst almost every mock site for us to select , so this is no surprise.. I mean, were gonna have a great choice amongst Olineman when we pick at 19, and thats where i also believe we will go, unless someone like Ingram drops, or we make a surprise pick, like Mikel Leshoure, but alot of sites got us taking him in RD 2, i don't see leshoure being there, then... Ayers is still a darkhorse canadite for me, for us to pick...
      [/quote]

I think Tyron Smith is there first choice but Im guessing he wont be on the board. I suspect there realistic board looks like this

1.Tyron Smith

2.Anthony Castanzo

3.Mike Pouncey

4.Corey Liguet

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Anthony Castonzo had his Pro Day yesterday. Plenty of scouts from other teams were in attendance, but only the Giants and Patriots had their Offensive Line coach there. Will Castonzo still be on the board at 19, and if so do the Giants take him?

Photo by Nancy Lane

PRO INSTRUCTIONS: Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty (right) directs Boston College’s Anthony Castonzo in a drill during yesterday’s Pro Day.

[/quote] I think Ant Castanzo is the fave right now, amongst almost every mock site for us to select , so this is no surprise.. I mean, were gonna have a great choice amongst Olineman when we pick at 19, and thats where i also believe we will go, unless someone like Ingram drops, or we make a surprise pick, like Mikel Leshoure, but alot of sites got us taking him in RD 2, i don't see leshoure being there, then... Ayers is still a darkhorse canadite for me, for us to pick...
        [/quote]

I think Tyron Smith is there first choice but Im guessing he wont be on the board. I suspect there realistic board looks like this

1.Tyron Smith

2.Anthony Castanzo

3.Mike Pouncey

4.Corey Liguet

[/quote]

I could see that. However, I don't think Castonzo is any kind of upgrade over Beatty... and he proved in college that he can't play (he got moved from RT to LT because of a lack of power). That was also the knock on Beatty coming out (lack of power/bulk).

On another note: What do you guys think of Greg Little, WR from NC? I hadn't thought much about him till Mayock started talking him up last night. If he's there in the 4th, I don't see Reese not pulling the trigger. Big, fast WR with hands like glue, return ability, and ridiculous value? Sounds like classic JR. With SS12's health in question, and Nick's injury history, I could see it, even with Barden, Cruz, and Thomas waiting in the wings.

Edit: The more I read up about him, I want this kid...
        Sideline Scouting
        CBSSports
        National Football Post

Comment

[quote user="Raptor22"][quote user="Redeyejedi"][quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="heavyhitter"]Anthony Castonzo had his Pro Day yesterday. Plenty of scouts from other teams were in attendance, but only the Giants and Patriots had their Offensive Line coach there. Will Castonzo still be on the board at 19, and if so do the Giants take him?

Photo by Nancy Lane

[/quote]

1.Tyron Smith

2.Anthony Castanzo

3.Mike Pouncey

4.Corey Liguet

[/quote]

I could see that. However, I don't think Castonzo is any kind of upgrade over Beatty... and he proved in college that he can't play (he got moved from RT to LT because of a lack of power). That was also the knock on Beatty coming out (lack of power/bulk).

On another note: What do you guys think of Greg Little, WR from NC? I hadn't thought much about him till Mayock started talking him up last night. If he's there in the 4th, I don't see Reese not pulling the trigger. Big, fast WR with hands like glue, return ability, and ridiculous value? Sounds like classic JR. With SS12's health in question, and Nick's injury history, I could see it, even with Barden, Cruz, and Thomas waiting in the wings.

Edit: The more I read up about him, I want this kid...
          Sideline Scouting
          CBSSports
          National Football Post
          [/quote]he's good but not for us. we have way too many wr's as it is. only way i see us taking one is if we cut someone(dont think we can with the cba? idk) or he is a dynamic kr/pr.

Comment

Hey Redeye....

Do you have video of Colorado vs. Georgia and the AJ Green vs Jimmy Smith highlights....

I think Smith stayed on one side of the field that game but had some match ups against Green I wanted to see....

If not then no worries...
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FecQuCUdT78

Derrick Locke vs Pitt

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]Hey Redeye....

Do you have video of Colorado vs. Georgia and the AJ Green vs Jimmy Smith highlights....

I think Smith stayed on one side of the field that game but had some match ups against Green I wanted to see....

If not then no worries...[/quote]

Green torched Smith more than once. He had a great game.
                sigpic

Comment

[quote user="BlueSanta"][quote user="titwio"]Hey Redeye.... Do you have video of Colorado vs. Georgia and the AJ Green vs Jimmy Smith highlights.... I think Smith stayed on one side of the field that game but had some match ups against Green I wanted to see.... If not then no worries...[/quote]

Green torched Smith more than once. He had a great game.
                  [/quote]That was Jalil Brown that he torched

Comment

[quote user="titwio"]Hey Redeye.... Do you have video of Colorado vs. Georgia and the AJ Green vs Jimmy Smith highlights.... I think Smith stayed on one side of the field that game but had some match ups against Green I wanted to see.... If not then no worries...[/quote]I wish but most of the damage Green did was against Jalil Brown.I willask some of the guys that make vids if they have it.I know for a fact that he was covering him on both long plays the 50 yarder and 40 yarder and scored both toudowns while Brown was in man on him. Green went for 2 TD's and 117 so there isnt much left after those plays

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]Hey Sportzfan U think Johnny Patrick could gain 10 pounds and play safety. He plays the run well and plays better in off man and zone then press coverage. He has ball skills andis agood blitzer as well. It seems like he has good skills playing the QB.He is more of aslot guy to me but he looks like player. I liked his performance in the bowl game and I thought the TD he got beat on there could of been a push off by the receiver.[/quote] Ya, he could, but hes a CB in my eyes, and a darn good one... I would hate to mess with a good thing... I would like to have a physical CB, that can play the run, as well as stick with a WR on a deep ball, like Glue, and come off the corner on occasion, with a corner blitz...

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Hey Sportzfan U think Johnny Patrick could gain 10 pounds and play safety. He plays the run well and plays better in off man and zone then press coverage. He has ball skills andis agood blitzer as well. It seems like he has good skills playing the QB.He is more of aslot guy to me but he looks like player. I liked his performance in the bowl game and I thought the TD he got beat on there could of been a push off by the receiver.[/quote] Ya, he could, but hes a CB in my eyes, and a darn good one... I would hate to mess with a good thing... I would like to have a physical CB, that can play the run, as well as stick with a WR on a deep ball, like Glue, and come off the corner on occasion, with a corner blitz...
                        [/quote]

He is very good in zone and off man. Thats why I was thinking maybe some safety because he seems to play better with things in front of him.I think a zone heavy team is going to draft him before the end of the second round for sure. I like his tape its the first time I looked heavy at him. I like House better for the Giants though

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="nycsportzfan"][quote user="Redeyejedi"]Hey Sportzfan U think Johnny Patrick could gain 10 pounds and play safety. He plays the run well and plays better in off man and zone then press coverage. He has ball skills andis agood blitzer as well. It seems like he has good skills playing the QB.He is more of aslot guy to me but he looks like player. I liked his performance in the bowl game and I thought the TD he got beat on there could of been a push off by the receiver.[/quote] Ya, he could, but hes a CB in my eyes, and a darn good one... I would hate to mess with a good thing... I would like to have a physical CB, that can play the run, as well as stick with a WR on a deep ball, like Glue, and come off the corner on occasion, with a corner blitz...
                          [/quote]

He is very good in zone and off man. Thats why I was thinking maybe some safety because he seems to play better with things in front of him.I think a zone heavy team is going to draft him before the end of the second round for sure. I like his tape its the first time I looked heavy at him. I like House better for the Giants though

[/quote] he definetly excels in off coverege, and House does make more sense, if u go by what hes been doing at Louisville, all though, i still think, he could be a solid cover corner, against slot recivers... But, House is the better prospect, for us, probably.. I would be happy with either, but House as i said before, gets my nod...

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07oI619yg3E

Randall Cobb vs Pitt

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcRYtFLT_0Y

Dion Lewis vs Kentucky

Comment

How many other people see the possibility of not taking a LBer in the 1st 3 rounds a real possibility?

Something along the lines of Tyron smith in first, Davon House in second, and Demarco Murray in 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X