• Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

Draft stock up/down

Comment

Greg Jones vs FAU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaNkirLEW_g

Comment

The Florida State Seminoles will dominate the ACC this year. That is all-

2010 FSU Bowl Video Garnet

Comment

Donte Paige Moss vs Tenn

Ryan Broyles vs Iowa State "Never seen so many screen passes in my life"

Comment

The other Lewis from Oklahoma.

Ronnel Lewis vs Nebraska

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liV5727zYNk

Travis Lewis vs Iowa State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46AtG_uWYjs

Comment

Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
                Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
                Akeem Dent OLB GA
                Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple
                Muhhamed Wilkerson DT Temple

Looks like heavy emphisis on defense, so far... ALot of other names should be surfacing soon, as the draft approaches..

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
                  Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
                  Akeem Dent OLB GA
                  Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

Looks like heavy emphisis on defense, so far... ALot of other names should be surfacing soon, as the draft approaches..
                  [/quote]

I dont think we brought in Kenny Phillips when we drafted him back in 08, i vaguely remember Reese saying they only bring in players that they have questions about

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
                    Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
                    Akeem Dent OLB GA
                    Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

I dont think we brought in Kenny Phillips when we drafted him back in 08, i vaguely remember Reese saying they only bring in players that they have questions about
                    [/quote]jpp as well if i remember correct

Comment

[quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
                      Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
                      Akeem Dent OLB GA
                      Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

Its scaring me these Georgia linebackers bro. They are more of the same players that havent worked. I want guys that can play in space .I dont mind Dentbut not Justin Houston as a LB.The Giants arent beating the Eagles and Packers with guys that cant move there hips at OLB. Both teams are young and are going to be good year in year out. The Giants need to adjust there drafting to stop these teams.

I do like the 2 Temple players though. Wilkerson has some upside. Kind of raw in his technique, plays a little to upright though.He is kind of tall and if he plays DT he is going to get beat up in the run game if he doesnt adjust. Jarrets a productive instinctual player but kind of undersized and Im actually surprised the Giants are intersted having the biggest group of safeties in the NFL. Everything Ive read about him as a player is postive though. Leader, hard worker , and a great teammate. Ive seen his range all over the place on draft sites. Ive seen anywhere from 3 - 6th round. I like him but unless its the 6th round I would pass there are better options

I really think this pick is going to be Castonzo or Pouncey in the first. This is what i think the Giants Top 5 looks like

1. Tyron Smith

2. Anthony Castonzo

3. Mike Pouncey

4. Corey Liguet

5. Muhammad Wilkerson

Comment

[quote user="thegreatone"][quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
                        Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
                        Akeem Dent OLB GA
                        Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

[/quote]jpp as well if i remember correct
                        [/quote] Couglin personally was at JPP's proday, and he visited the giants prior to the draft.. We should huge interest in JPP>.

Comment

[quote user="CGYgiant"][quote user="nycsportzfan"]Just a list of pre draft visits the giants are going with, so far....

Mike Pouncey G/C FLA
                          Justin Houston OLB/DE GA
                          Akeem Dent OLB GA
                          Jaiquawn Jarret S Temple

[/quote]

[/quote]ya, thats about as wrong, as can be.. We brought in JPP, Travis Beckum, Phillip Dillard, ramses barden, duke calhoun, adrian tracy, chad jones... Thats just off the top of my head, without doing any re-search...

Comment

Been reading the Giants are High on AKeem Ayers... Obviously, i'm extremely excited to here this news, all though, it makes alot of sense to me, and i'm not surprised in the least bit...

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post is reporting that the Chiefs are among multiple teams that are very high on UCLA LB Akeem Ayers.

Wilson reports that the Chiefs, along with the New York Jets,
                            Baltimore Ravens, New England Patriots and New York Giants are all very
                            high on Ayers. Of those teams, only the Giants pick before the Chiefs.

It is no surprise the Chiefs are interested in Ayers. He is an
                            incredible athlete with pass rushing ability that could put KCís young,
                            fast defense over the top.

Wilson also reports that Ayers has 10 private visits scheduled with
                            various NFL teams. We donít have confirmation on this yet but it is
                            probably safe to assume that one of those visits will be with the
                            Chiefs. When we get word on that, we will be able to add Ayers to our Chiefs Draft Interest page.

Comment

What happened to slip? Banned?

Comment

Interesting they bought in Jaiquawn Jarret. If we're going to go safety I'm a huge fan of Deandre mcdaniel. Jarret seems like a solid prospect though, reading some scouting reports he sounds like a guy that doesnt have much flaws and is good at everything but not really dominant.

Comment

Working...
                                X