A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Since the Giants didnt get the LB that everyone coveted I thought I would take a look at a few players that could help the Giants in 2011 headed by a trio of NC linebackers. Anyone who watches CFB and likes defense I would suggest watching UNC play this year. Butch Davis has built one hell of a team who I believe is a sleeper Top 10 team. I see a possible 6 or even maybe 7 guys who could go in the top 2 rounds. Anyone who wants to add feel free

This a video of the whole loaded Carolina front 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDbP4qtAKc

*Quan Sturdivant 6-2 235 WLB/MLB- Sturdivant was my favorite LB prospect coming into the 2010 draft and I was upset when he returned to school. Sturdivant has great strength and speed like all the NC linebackers who all post 40's under 4.5. Quan has been the most productive of the linebackers and Im expecting big things from him again this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz5ArUZAjjQ** not all of Quan but makes a few plays

*Bruce Carter 6-3 230 LB- Carter is a former safety who is*a little lanky but has the frame to be an absolute monster. He probably could get up 2 and play at about 245. Carter is extremely athletic setting the UNC vert record at 40 1/2" and posting a 4.45 40. I think he can be looked at for all 3 4-3 Linebacker spots. I like Carter and Im interested to watch him this year. He has the best frame and speed combo of all the linebackers.*I like Carters game and think he could play the middle if he can add bulk to his excellent frame skys the limit**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwiwCVK2AE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPeEI-BEXCY

*Zach Brown 6-2 220 WLB- Brown hasnt played much but he is one of those guys that I could see coming from nowhere and become a first round pick. Brown timed out twice a 4.28 40 on 4 of 5 stop watches at the spring practices. He obviously needs to gain more weight but the tools are certainly there. Brown was a highly sought after recruit that should play a bigger role this year

I will be adding more but my computer shut off and I lost my post and I had to write again

Re: A look at the 2011 NFL draft

agreed. i live in NC (near ECU) so i get to watch UNC play just about every sat and sturdivant/carter are 2 lb'rs i will be keeping a very close eye on. Also agree Davis has this team on the cusp of being a major contender.

Comment

If Goff, GWilk and Dillard don't work out this year, then I would be all for Quan Strudivant. Who knows where he will be ranked come draft time next year. But if we may have to trade up and get him if we have a late 1st rd pick. I shouldnt get too ahead of myself assuming we will be picking late in the 1st--LOL!!!

I have not looked at what other prospects will be available next spring. Of course there is the Locker and Mallet talk at QB. I would like to see what o-line and TE's will be available next draft. I like our selection of Petrus, but hope we can find our future at C or RT next year. Who knows Cordle may work out. After all O'Hara was undrafted.

Comment

Ohara is getting a little long in the tooth and although he has been exceptional the last 3 years he could turn downhill at any point

Stefan Wisniewski 6-3 300 C/G- Some have him listed as a latefirst rounder which I guess is possible but I think he is more of a mid to late2nd round prospect at center. Wisniwski started 12 games at center in 2009 but will be back at guard for 2010. (2)

Kristofer O'Dowd 6-5 300 C- He is the best center in the class no doubt and has the frame to bulk up a little more. I doubt the Giants would get the chance or even want to pick O'Dowdat 32 unless Oharas play falls of a cliff but somebody will get a good center prospect. The only problem I have with O'Dowd is that he is injury prone.The guy is tough and Carrol needed to remove himfrom the field because O'Dowd wanted to continue to play hurt (1-2)

Mike Pouncey 6-5 320 C/G- A lot of you liked his brother Maurkice and wanted the Giants to select him in the first round.While I liked Pouncey as the best interior lineman I wasnt crazy about a first round pick being used on him. Mike is a massive center but Im not quite sure if its best postion.He may be a better fit at guard but mentioned him because of the love his brother got on this board (2)

Jake Kirkpatrick 6-3 305 C/G- I was only going to mention the consensustop guys at the position for now but I really like Jake so I thought I would put his name on here. Jake is a freak athlete for a center who doesnt have that much experience playing football "Which should fit with Reese did in this draft LOL". Jake is the leader of an offensive line that was top 5 in rushing and 7th in sacks allowed. Most people have Jake as a 5th rounder. This is a pretty good class at center so that is possible but I think he will be a guy that creeps towards the top of the center rankings by draft time next year

Comment

Greg Jones- MLB, Michigan State
          6'1" 237 lbs.

Career Stats
          358 Tackles 15 Sacks
          No Turnovers?

Comment

[quote user="Spizi"]Greg Jones- MLB, Michigan State 6'1" 237 lbs. Career Stats 358 Tackles 15 Sacks No Turnovers?[/quote]

I was going to mention Jones later but there is no way he weighs 237 .He weighs less then Sturdivant and Carter and they hover around 230. Jones I would say is 225 max. I think Jones may wind up at WLB in the NFL. Sturdivant might as well

LB Quan Sturdivant (PHOTO: UNC Athletic Communications)

Comment

If there is a draft where the giants take a LB in the 1st, its next years draft.

I absolutely love that LB draft class.

Comment

Mark Herzlich Boston College, if he comes back this year healthy the giants have to take him.

Comment

[quote user="Bignicks"]Mark Herzlich Boston College, if he comes back this year healthy the giants have to take him.[/quote]

Yea, hes another one who is going to be a 1st round rated guy.

Tons of ILB talent in that draft class, Ive never seen anything like it.

Comment

[quote user="Redeyejedi"]

[quote user="Spizi"]Greg Jones- MLB, Michigan State 6'1" 237 lbs. Career Stats 358 Tackles 15 Sacks No Turnovers?[/quote]

I was going to mention Jones later but there is no way he weighs 237 .He weighs less then Sturdivant and Carter and they hover around 230. Jones I would say is 225 max. I think Jones may wind up at WLB in the NFL. Sturdivant might as well

LB Quan Sturdivant (PHOTO: UNC Athletic Communications)

[/quote]

He played at 222lbs. last year, but in a recent interview this month he said he put on 15 lbs. and he is up to 237.

Comment

Greg Jones 6-1 224 MLB/WLB Jones has been the most productive of all these guys by far but he doesnt have the frameor speedthat that the UNC LB's have. I do have to admit his production was SUH like this year 154 tackles 9 sacks 14.0 TFL 8 QB hurries. I think he projects as a WLB but who knows he could still grow into his body. He isalright in man and zone coverage and has competitive speed but is not fast.He could of came out this year but I think he was smart to comeback he needs the added bulk. People might not agree with me because his numbers are so good but I dont think he is as good as the numbers wouldlead U to believe.While he is alright in coverage State doesnt use him in that role as he blitzes the QB on passing downs

Comment

Im just gunna throw this out there, but if we do in fact need a Safety, Junior Rahim Moore- UCLA. If he comes out as a Junior, As a sophmore he had 11 INT. Incredible in coverage.

Comment

Just a thought of the Giants drafting a linebacker from North Carolina gives me a goosebump. Asides from line backer, I would love if Giants concentrate on O-Line and a speedy rb and a speedy receiver in next year's draft. We still don't have a home run threat on our offense.

Comment

Is Nigel Bradham of FSU going to come out next year? He's a great LB for the Noles, was also 5 star recruit.

Comment

The Giants struggled running the ball in 2009 and were reportedly high on CJ Spiller. I am a big advocate of the Giants getting an elite pass catching back if he brings home run speed even better. Depending on what happens with Jacobs and Bradshaw will determine how high the Giants take a guy. If Brown or Ware doesnt emerge as a legitimate receiver the Giants could still take a guy that could catch the ball. I dont think the Giants will spend a first rounder so I will exclude the likes of Mark Ingram but if somebody wants 2 add him feel free. These guys are just some early favorites and guys I will be watching for early in the year

Demarco Murray 6-1 215 - I was high on Murray coming into the 2010 draft and he decided to return to school. Murray has been banged up and was projected as a 4th rounder so he wisely returned. Murray has a similar running style and build to that of Adrian Peterson and like Peterson has shown the tendency to get nicked up. Murray has a knack at getting open and finding space in the passing game and had 41 receptions in 2009. Some people have Murray projected as a first rounder but I dont believe he will go that high. His history of being nicked up makes him 2-3 round prospect. (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgrU7mTBeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtmtS...eature=related

Noel Devine 5-8 175-I was shocked when Devine decided to return to school at first but seeing how Spiller was a projected 2nd rounder in 2008 returned and went in the top 10 im thinking Devine may be banking on the same thing. I dont think Devine will go in the top 10 but its quite possible he could go in the range that Chris Johnson did. With Mcclustergoing at 36Devine will mostly go at the end of round 1. So if the Giants return to the playoffs he may be right in there draft range. Ilike Devine and think his break away speedand play making abilitywould make a huge impact on the Giants offense.Like McclusterDevine has proven to be durable and productive. Devine has had over 200 carries the last 2 years and managed a YPC over 6.0. The only difference is Devine comes with the elite speed Mccluster doesnt. (1-2)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jp9MuxAszEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Otxa...eature=related

JacquizRodgers 5-7 191- Every year theres specific players I try to watch when I dont know a lot about them Rodgers will be one of them this year. Rodgers had an other worldly 78 receptions in 2009 to go along with his 273 carries. For a college player that is carrying the load on a whole other scale .Rodgers carry totals make me think he will be coming out in the 2011 draft that is just a lot of miles on his legs before he goes to the NFL. Rodgersdoesnt appear to have elite speed for that size so I will be looking to see just how shifty he is season but I am certainly intrigued by his pass catching (2-3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5XwHwe0QNI

Brandon Saine 6-1 217- Mildly productive in his first year without Wells around. Saine possess a nice Speed size combo and good skill set. I have a feeling Saine is going to be a better pro then he was in college. Splitting the carries with Herron will limit his productivity but someone will end up getting a good player at a discounted price. (4)

Barron Batch 5-11 205- Batch caught my eye in the Alamo bowl last year as he racked up 185 yards from scrimmage. Batch has good speed and has proven to be a good receiver in TT's screwed up offense. (5)

Comment

Working...
                              X