X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redeyejedi
    started a topic A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Since the Giants didnt get the LB that everyone coveted I thought I would take a look at a few players that could help the Giants in 2011 headed by a trio of NC linebackers. Anyone who watches CFB and likes defense I would suggest watching UNC play this year. Butch Davis has built one hell of a team who I believe is a sleeper Top 10 team. I see a possible 6 or even maybe 7 guys who could go in the top 2 rounds. Anyone who wants to add feel free

This a video of the whole loaded Carolina front 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjDbP4qtAKc

*Quan Sturdivant 6-2 235 WLB/MLB- Sturdivant was my favorite LB prospect coming into the 2010 draft and I was upset when he returned to school. Sturdivant has great strength and speed like all the NC linebackers who all post 40's under 4.5. Quan has been the most productive of the linebackers and Im expecting big things from him again this year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz5ArUZAjjQ** not all of Quan but makes a few plays

*Bruce Carter 6-3 230 LB- Carter is a former safety who is*a little lanky but has the frame to be an absolute monster. He probably could get up 2 and play at about 245. Carter is extremely athletic setting the UNC vert record at 40 1/2" and posting a 4.45 40. I think he can be looked at for all 3 4-3 Linebacker spots. I like Carter and Im interested to watch him this year. He has the best frame and speed combo of all the linebackers.*I like Carters game and think he could play the middle if he can add bulk to his excellent frame skys the limit**

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwiwCVK2AE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPeEI-BEXCY

*Zach Brown 6-2 220 WLB- Brown hasnt played much but he is one of those guys that I could see coming from nowhere and become a first round pick. Brown timed out twice a 4.28 40 on 4 of 5 stop watches at the spring practices. He obviously needs to gain more weight but the tools are certainly there. Brown was a highly sought after recruit that should play a bigger role this year

I will be adding more but my computer shut off and I lost my post and I had to write again

• titwio
    replied
    Only 24 hours away brethren's!

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    Walterfootball's latest mock:

DJ Fluker
    Alex Okafor
    Khaseem Greene
    Jordan Poyer
    Mike Catapano
    Jawan Jamison

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Solid draft positon wise, and i also like Tank, and hes one of my top5 on my personal hopefuls, along with 2other seminoles Werner and Rhodes.. Alot of intrigue with Walter Stewart , and in theory, maybe he could pack on a few lb's and play himself into bigger role, and Dennis Johnson is a guy i think we've talked about both liking, as hes got a similar build as the MJD, Ray Rice types, can catch the ball outta the backfield, bounces ot tackles and keeps going, and can get really low and tough to tackle. Do u know if the rumour of Mark Harrison being the one that trashed that hotel room at combine is true? If so, i don't like em anymore, thats gross, but if not, hes certainly intriguing.. I like TJ Moe also with that pick as a sleeper WR...
    They said Harrision and Hopkins didnt do it

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    I seen Kiper and them talking about Eifert going in the top 15.. That would be great for us, because theres one more positon we probably won't be grabbing in the 1st, and the value isn't great and someone else drops a spot.. Add in a QB or 2 going we didn't think would , like Matt Barkley and possibly Tyler Wilson, and we could get a pick of the litter, with more players to choose from then when we got lucky with Prince dropping to us..

Leave a comment:

• nycsportzfan
    replied
    Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Mock Draft using Walterfootbballs mock as a baseline to who is on the board

1. Tank Carradine DE FSU

2. Arthur Brown LB KSU

3. Dallas Thomas OG/OT Tennessee

4. Tharold Simon CB LSU

5. Dion Sims TE MSU

6. Walter Stewart Edge Rusher Cinci

7. Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas

7. Mark Harrision WR Rutgers
    Solid draft positon wise, and i also like Tank, and hes one of my top5 on my personal hopefuls, along with 2other seminoles Werner and Rhodes.. Alot of intrigue with Walter Stewart , and in theory, maybe he could pack on a few lb's and play himself into bigger role, and Dennis Johnson is a guy i think we've talked about both liking, as hes got a similar build as the MJD, Ray Rice types, can catch the ball outta the backfield, bounces ot tackles and keeps going, and can get really low and tough to tackle. Do u know if the rumour of Mark Harrison being the one that trashed that hotel room at combine is true? If so, i don't like em anymore, thats gross, but if not, hes certainly intriguing.. I like TJ Moe also with that pick as a sleeper WR...

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Mock Draft using Walterfootbballs mock as a baseline to who is on the board

1. Tank Carradine DE FSU

2. Arthur Brown LB KSU

3. Dallas Thomas OG/OT Tennessee

4. Tharold Simon CB LSU

5. Dion Sims TE MSU

6. Walter Stewart Edge Rusher Cinci

7. Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas

7. Mark Harrision WR Rutgers
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-20-2013, 06:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Redeyejedi
    replied
    Originally posted by juice33s View Post
    It'll be interesting if both him and Werner are there at 19...I think the Giants would take tank
    I think he is closer to the player they need.

Leave a comment:

• titwio
    replied
    When Warmack sweats, up comes the shirt and out comes the belly. He's then good to go. No worries there....

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    NFL scouts reportedly say Alabama OG Chance Warmack has a problem with "excessive sweating," which can lead to weardown in the fourth quarter of games.Warmack at times required in-game IVs at Alabama, so he'll have to learn to hydrate better in the pros. It's interesting, but obviously not a huge concern for Warmack's draft stock. "He's one of those guys like Will Shields that will just sit in there and play until they retire him," one scout said. "Country boy from Georgia. He's kind of a road grader in the run game and a fire hydrant in the passing game. You're not going to move him off his spot."
    Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Leave a comment:

• titwio
    replied
    Ed Valentine ‏@bigblueview9m
    #NYG Not at Tank Carradine's workout. https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/325684045499482113 … Wonder what that means. Giants always good at hiding interest in players.

Leave a comment:

• titwio
    replied
    It'll be interesting if both him and Werner are there at 19...I think the Giants would take tank
    I think so too. He's seems more like Giants material. Giants like athletic, physical specimens at DE and he's bigger and more athletic than BW.

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    Mike Mayock top 100 rankings http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects 1. Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan 2. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida 3. Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M 4. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama 5. Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon 6. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma 7. Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri 8. Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina9. Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU 10. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU11. Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah 12. Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia 13. Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame 14. D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston 15. D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama 16. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama17. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas 18. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama19. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia 20. Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State .....
    Wow.. The two DJs are flying up Mayock's board

Leave a comment:

• juice33s
    replied
    Originally posted by titwio View Post
    Sounds like he's impressing and putting on a show ....much like I thought he would.

Leave a comment:

• Carter.525
    replied
    FSU DE Cornellius Carradine ran a 4.75 forty during a workout for NFL teams, just 135 days after undergoing knee surgery.As we have been saying, do not rule Carradine out of the top 15. Our own Josh Norris ranked Carradine as the second best defensive end in the class after Ezekiel Ansah. He needs some technical work, but Carradine is quick off the snap with strong hands and an aggressive mentality.
    Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter Apr 20 - 2:48 PM

Leave a comment:

Working...
X