Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we draft Jadeveon Clowney if we go 6-10?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    Barring some pre-draft DUI or arrest, I'm willing to bet Clowney doesn't get past 2.
    He's the best player in the draft . . . just depends on whether or not there is a run on QB's that might make him fall a little (probably not to us).

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
      He's the best player in the draft . . . just depends on whether or not there is a run on QB's that might make him fall a little (probably not to us).
      With Mariota returning to school, I think there's only QB that a team would consider taking before Clowney. 2 is as far as he drops. Even if a team at 1 or 2, for whatever reason, does not want him, they'll easily trade for a bounty to a team that will.

Comment

Clowney would probably end up sitting on the bench for at least half the season before getting any reps

Comment

I don't see him falling outside the top 3 personally but if he is there you have to pull the trigger. He is having a down year but he doesn't want to be playing college football right now and is banged up a bit. If you saw the guy last year when he was healthy and motivated there is no way you can pass him up. That is just how I see it... but I would be ecstatic if we somehow got him.

More realistically I want Barr/Mosley/Mack
          sigpic
          S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
          __________________________________________________ ______
          Mock Draft
          1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
          4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
          6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
          __________________________________________________ ______
          Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
            With Mariota returning to school, I think there's only QB that a team would consider taking before Clowney. 2 is as far as he drops. Even if a team at 1 or 2, for whatever reason, does not want him, they'll easily trade for a bounty to a team that will.
            Your probably right . . . unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
              I hope we pile up some more defensive tackles.
              Your posts are so incredibly stupid its amazing you dont constantly fall down stairs.

They have 3 DTs under contract next season. Jenkins, Hankins, and Kuhn.

You need 5 DTs going into a season.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                Your posts are so incredibly stupid its amazing you dont constantly fall down stairs.

Same dude that thinks Deihl was a Giant 'Legend'

I try ignoring him but at times its difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                  I hope we pile up some more defensive tackles.
                  None of are DT's are pass rushers. The Giants still dont have a a 3 tech that can get pressure or an edge rusher thats why they cant get off the field on 3rd down

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                    None of are DT's are pass rushers. The Giants still dont have a a 3 tech that can get pressure or an edge rusher thats why they cant get off the field on 3rd down
                    In a Javadeon Clowney thread, i find myself suddenly thinking about his teammate Kelcy Quarles, who in my opinion, would be a perfect fit next to Johnathan Hankins going forward. The big run stuffing hankins and the penetrating Quarles.. Quarles reminds me of a younger Cullen Jenkins.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                      In a Javadeon Clowney thread, i find myself suddenly thinking about his teammate Kelcy Quarles, who in my opinion, would be a perfect fit next to Johnathan Hankins going forward. The big run stuffing hankins and the penetrating Quarles.. Quarles reminds me of a younger Cullen Jenkins.
                      I've seen Quarles mocked to us in the 2nd.
                      2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                      Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                      Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                      Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                      Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                      Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                      Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

Comment

lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post
                          I've seen Quarles mocked to us in the 2nd.
                          I'd be completely ok with that. Hes exactly what could be needed to free up JPP and Moore on the outside. I miss the days of Keith Hamilton, Fred Robbins..etc Guys who could put some heat on the QB's from the interior. Joseph is better then you would think being a run stuffer 1st and foremost, but alittle more consistency from the interior woudl be best. Right now, i'm sold on Quarles and Aaron Donald of Pitt to fill that void.

Comment

It's good to have you back slip.

Comment

He would just complain about the lack of talent along the Dline next year if the team doesn't address it this offseason. This team has many more problems than just 2 LB and 2-3 OL replacements.

Comment

Jenkins is in decline, Hankins is good but somewhat a ? and Kuhn sucks. So yeah if Louis Nix III is available that's a definite possibility.

Comment

Working...
                                X