Draft Position jockeying is upon us!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Position jockeying is upon us!

With the final 3 games being rendered meaningless all that remains to be seen is what position we draft in for 2014..

We all know the present coaches will do everything in their power to win the final games to try and save their jobs..

That being said I for one hope we lose all 3. That would make us finish at 5-11. As of right now losing final 3 games we could pick 5-10. believe it or not there are actually 9 teams with a worse record then us. One with 2 wins and three with 3 wins. Then you have five with 4 wins. And we are tied with with two other teams at 5 wins. There are also 3 teams that have 6 wins that could poss finish with a worse record then us.

So absolute worst case would be around 15 or so. I don't see us catching the teams with 2 and 3 wins even if we lose our final 3. Poss to surpass some of the 4 win teams if they get a few wins. Best case would be 6/7 maybe
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Maybe someone should start a thread with all the teams were up against and their schedules for final 3 like we do every year only this time instead of seeing if we will win NFCE or a WC it will be about the Draft
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back

4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE

Comment

Rookies never see the field under Coughlin, we'd have to wait at least three years to see the return on the investment on that strategy

Rudy was my side chick.

Comment

Originally posted by Drystt View Post
        Rookies never see the field under Coughlin, we'd have to wait at least three years to see the return on the investment on that strategy
        Justin Pugh is starting, Michael Cox has gotten a start, Moore has been getting more playing time and been a beast on ST's. Cooper Taylor has been on ST's. Hankins has gotten a few snaps this year as well...
        sigpic
        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
        __________________________________________________ ______
        Mock Draft
        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

We will need guys we draft for OLine to step right in and make an impact

4-New York Giants!!!
          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
            Justin Pugh is starting, Michael Cox has gotten a start, Moore has been getting more playing time and been a beast on ST's. Cooper Taylor has been on ST's. Hankins has gotten a few snaps this year as well...
            Uh yeah, out of default due to injuries.

Rudy was my side chick.

Comment

Originally posted by Drystt View Post
              Uh yeah, out of default due to injuries.
              For the most part that is true besides the ST's guys but Pugh probably would have won the starting RT spot even if Diehl didn't get hurt
              sigpic
              Mock Draft
              Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                For the most part that is true besides the ST's guys but Pugh probably would have won the starting RT spot even if Diehl didn't get hurt
                I doubt it. You seem to forget how much respect Coughlin gives Diehl
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

He definitely likes him no doubt about that but if it was a legit competition like it was said to be in camp then Pugh would win because of how brutal Diehl has been as of late
                  sigpic
                  Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    I doubt it. You seem to forget how much respect Coughlin gives Diehl

2 points in response:

1) If you go back and listen to what the coaches said going into the season, even they were implying that Pugh would overtake DD. Remember, Pugh lost much of the preseason to a concussion. When asked upon his return who the starters were the coaches always said it was Diehl but qualified it with "for now" or "for the time being."

But, even if I am wrong what does this even matter? Which brings me to my 2nd point.

2) Every year players win and lose positions due to injures. It is part of football and there is fewer better examples than Victor Cruz, who was buried behind Domenik Hixon on the depth chart prior to Dom's knee injury in the 2nd week of 2011. Cruz went on to have 1 of the best season by any Giant WR ever and he did it because another guy's knee gave way.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sorry not my intent to hijack the topic, so ill bring it back..kinda.

When I 1st read the new release today that the Skins were going to sit RG3 for the remainder of the season, my immediate reaction was that they are using that as their excuse for stinking it up for the remainder and "playing for picks."

I wonder how the league will respond to this, or if they will at all. Sure seems like a slap in the face to ticketholders.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post

When I 1st read the new release today that the Skins were going to sit RG3 for the remainder of the season, my immediate reaction was that they are using that as their excuse for stinking it up for the remainder and "playing for picks."

I wonder how the league will respond to this, or if they will at all. Sure seems like a slap in the face to ticketholders.
                        never know, Cousins could turn out to be another Foles. But yea.. I'm sure part of their thinking is we only have 3 wins. If we finish with 3 wins we will have pretty high picks.

4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE

Comment

Anyway getting back to original reason I made thread. With the 9 teams with worse records and 2 with the same and 3 with just one more win then us can anyone quickly analyze schedules and make an approx prediction as to where we would land factoring in the other teams scheduled and assuming we lose all 3?

I understand a lot of these 14 teams will be playing each other over last 3 weekends so we will have a bunch lose making their records worse then us at the end but also a bunch of them winning so where realistically can we expect to fall in line in draft order.. I know it's all hypothetical at this point but what else do we have to do with out MB time over last 3 weeks

4-New York Giants!!!
                          5-NE

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                            Anyway getting back to original reason I made thread. With the 9 teams with worse records and 2 with the same and 3 with just one more win then us can anyone quickly analyze schedules and make an approx prediction as to where we would land factoring in the other teams scheduled and assuming we lose all 3?

I understand a lot of these 14 teams will be playing each other over last 3 weekends so we will have a bunch lose making their records worse then us at the end but also a bunch of them winning so where realistically can we expect to fall in line in draft order.. I know it's all hypothetical at this point but what else do we have to do with out MB time over last 3 weeks
                            I would suggest it's nigh on impossible to predict what other teams will do as they play each other so much

schedule of 16 teams is up in other thread

what we can do is update draft position after this week and see where we are then

if we lose all 3 games i think we will pick 8-10

Rams could very well have 2 picks in top 10 this year

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post

I think its more to showcase Kirk Couins then it is for picks, and they don't even have their first rd pick that goes to the Rams for the RG3 trade. The Rams will most likely have a top 5 pick. Last year it seemed the skins got the better deal with Griffin but definitely not now. The Rams could be a contender really soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X