McShay's first mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Im not sold on him. Having a QB like Manzeil works wonders when a receiver can run around for 7-8 seconds. Plus appearently, A&M has 2 top 15 draft pick OTs giving him more time. Put him on this team right now and he would never get the ball.
    I think the exact opposite. Evans has bailed out Manzeil on more occasions that I can remember. That's not to say he doesn't have some flaws in his game. I would like to see more discipline in his routes but there is no denying he is tremendous at high pointing and jump balls. I think he is 1 of those guys who have a lil bit to show at the combine, but his stats are not a product for A&M's success, but rather 1 of the major causes.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
      I swear once he lost to Famous Jameis he just fell off the map as far as stock but I really do not know why. I would want to say the system plays a role in that but Derek Carr is a spread offense and he is projected #6 in this mock.... kind of a strange deal
      I wonder how much Mcshay watches these QB's Bortles and Carr are about as cautious as Ive seen throwing the ball down the field. Carr like 20% of his passes are behind the line something insane like that

Comment

Originally posted by Rat_bastich View Post
        Nope, Giants grab Yankey for that.

Here is Yahoo's:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7938--nfl.html

Interesting pick. Don't watch much Michigan State so don't know what to think.
        Cut this not that long ago, I like a few of these MSU defenders. Calhauhn is a beast DE and Allen is an underrated player

Last edited by Redeyejedi; 12-21-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
          Cut this not that long ago, I like a few of these MSU defenders. Calhauhn is a beast DE and Allen is an underrated player

In the offseason, i ranked Dennard as my top CB coming into the 2014 season. I've also mocked Denicos Allen to us a ton this yr. Outside of being alittle undersized, hes a hard hitter, very agressive, and stout against the run. He has the speed to be a effective blitzer also.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
            I wonder how much Mcshay watches these QB's Bortles and Carr are about as cautious as Ive seen throwing the ball down the field. Carr like 20% of his passes are behind the line something insane like that
            Those guys can't help the offenses that their coaches employ. I don't know about Carr, but Blake has great arm strength

Comment

Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
              Those guys can't help the offenses that their coaches employ. I don't know about Carr, but Blake has great arm strength
              I get worried about that though. Blaine Gabbert comes to mind...
              WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                I get worried about that though. Blaine Gabbert comes to mind...
                Of course. It's a matter of how hard you're willing to work. Blake has ideal size, good athleticism and a lively arm. I don't know what's going on between his ears. Well, I do a little. I've played against him, albeit flag football lol.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  And picking 11th overall, the New York Giants select Mike Evans WR Texas A&M
                  Its funny you say this.. I legit could see them taking Evans in this spot.. Just a gut feeling.
                  Stop Booing Tiki Barber.

Comment

Today is the day to break into top ten.. There are no moral victories in the NFL. Once eliminated there are only Victories that hurt your draft position. For example I'm sure we all enjoyed that final game of last season and the beatdown we gave Philly. I wonder how many places that meaningless win cost us in draft position? We were eliminated going in. They got trounced but they got the better picks and it's showing this year
                    Football has been very, very good to us.
                    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                    4-New York Giants!!!
                    5-NE
                    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                      Today is the day to break into top ten.. There are no moral victories in the NFL. Once eliminated there are only Victories that hurt your draft position. For example I'm sure we all enjoyed that final game of last season and the beatdown we gave Philly. I wonder how many places that meaningless win cost us in draft position? We were eliminated going in. They got trounced but they got the better picks and it's showing this year
                      Well, that one win not only hurt our draft stock, but it helped the Eagles. If we lost that meaningless game, we would of been 8-8, 3rd in the divison so we would of faced the Rams and Saints instead of Panthers and Seahawks, and drafted at 17 instead of 19. The Eagles would of drafted at 7 instead of 4, most likely not landing Lane Johnson.
                      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

We'll the win yesterday hurt. We stand at 10 now. We can't catch anyone with 11 losses next week cause the most we can have is10. Which means all the 4 win teams that lost yesterday ( browns, TB, raiders, Vikes, Jax) are all out of our reach. The only two teams we can pass now is tenn if they lose final game and poss ATL if they lose tonight and next week while we lose to skins..so best is 8th. Could of picked in top 5 had we lost out. Worst is back around 14/15 due to so many 7 win teams we can't tie. You have steelers who have tie breaker on us, lions and GB who we beat all sitting right behind us as well as two others which I'm not sure how tie breaker would work with them, I think rams are one of them and the jets. Those are all teams we can tie should we win and they lose.

So due to our win yesterday it's a pretty wide gap of where we will fall
                        Last edited by miked1958; 12-23-2013, 10:59 AM.
                        Football has been very, very good to us.
                        After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                        But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                        2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                        3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                        4-New York Giants!!!
                        5-NE
                        Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          I am a Yankey fan too.. I wonder if he makes it to the 2nd round..
                          Wouldn't it be fitting to have Yankey as a Giant. Can't have too many New York Yankeys....ba dum dum!

Comment

Currently we are sitting 10th according to ESPN. the win yesterday didn't move us out of 9th. with all the other bottom feeders winning we moved up a couple of spots. now if we win next week then it could get realy dicey at 7-9. We can't pass GB because they most losses they can have is 8 and we already have 9.
                            Last edited by Giant303; 12-23-2013, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X