McShay's first mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McShay's first mock

Sorry if the title is a bit misleading... I forgot to say it was only the top 10 but it is very possible that we are in the top 10 when it is all said and done so that is why I posted it

He has Clowney falling all the way to the 5th pick and Barr getting picked 7th? If that were to happen we could seriously have a shot of getting one of those two guys which is crazy to think. I am praying for a QB run really badly! If we could get Barr without trading up I would be absolutely pumped!

sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Mosley, Watkins and Evans still on the board.. I'd be happy with any of them

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      Mosley, Watkins and Evans still on the board.. I'd be happy with any of them
      Yeah this makes me feel good knowing that we have a really good shot at landing a stud. JR needs to start this draft off hot with someone like Mack, Barr, Mosley, or maybe Evans!
      sigpic
      Mock Draft
      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
        Yeah this makes me feel good knowing that we have a really good shot at landing a stud. JR needs to start this draft off hot with someone like Mack, Barr, Mosley, or maybe Evans!
        I'm all for Watkins/Evans. Someone who can tear the top off of a defense! I feel we can still land a nice LB in the 2nd as well....
        SuperMario82 on old GMB

Comment

I would be surprised if sammy watkins gets past the bucs,they can have him opposite of jackson and extra weapon for there qb.

Comment

What happened to Tajh Boyd's stock? Why has he fallen so much? Because he is short? CBS has him as a 3-4th rounder now... Im scratching my head on this. Didnt we learn from Drew Brees or Russell Wilson? It wasnt long ago he was competing with Bridgewater for that #1 pick.
            WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
              What happened to Tajh Boyd's stock? Why has he fallen so much? Because he is short? CBS has him as a 3-4th rounder now... Im scratching my head on this. Didnt we learn from Drew Brees or Russell Wilson? It wasnt long ago he was competing with Bridgewater for that #1 pick.
              If he's there in the fourth I'd take him.

Comment

Originally posted by JSpin View Post
                If he's there in the fourth I'd take him.
                Another reason why it was stupid to draft Nassib... If Boyd is there in the 2nd I would love the Giants to take him, but we wont. He could easily be the next QB for our team.

Comment

I swear once he lost to Famous Jameis he just fell off the map as far as stock but I really do not know why. I would want to say the system plays a role in that but Derek Carr is a spread offense and he is projected #6 in this mock.... kind of a strange deal
                  sigpic
                  Mock Draft

Comment

Another reason why it was stupid to draft Nassib... If Boyd is there in the 2nd I would love the Giants to take him, but we wont. He could easily be the next QB for our team.
                    Nassib was a waste but you can't dwell on that. I mean look at the Browns or Jags lol they waste first rounders on QBs that will be replaced a mere 2-3 years later.. now that's bad! I'd go third round max on Boyd, he could be good.

Comment

I thought Boyd was a third rounder to begin with. Even in his best games, I don't see him as an adept progression reader who makes all the throws for the next level. And not every short QB can rely on the Drew Brees/Russell Wilson precedent, especially one with the throwing motion of Tajh Boyd.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinfarmer View Post
                        I thought Boyd was a third rounder to begin with. Even in his best games, I don't see him as an adept progression reader who makes all the throws for the next level. And not every short QB can rely on the Drew Brees/Russell Wilson precedent, especially one with the throwing motion of Tajh Boyd.
                        While the latter is true, I thought Boyd played very well early in the season. He did struggle vs FSU and South Carolina, but he dominated Georgia when they were healthy and NC ST.

I still feel he has a good shot at being a solid starting QB in the NFL. We will be able to see another tough opponent in Ohio St in the bowl game.
                        Last edited by TheAnalyst; 12-21-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Blake is getting hype

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                            Sorry if the title is a bit misleading... I forgot to say it was only the top 10 but it is very possible that we are in the top 10 when it is all said and done so that is why I posted it

He has Clowney falling all the way to the 5th pick and Barr getting picked 7th? If that were to happen we could seriously have a shot of getting one of those two guys which is crazy to think. I am praying for a QB run really badly! If we could get Barr without trading up I would be absolutely pumped!

Right now we at at #11 and have a great shot to break into Top 10 this week. The 3 teams directly ahead of us due to tiebreakers are 5-9 Buffalo at 10, Tenn also 5-9 in number 9 spot ( man they came within a hair of beating AZ last week) and Vikings in #8 spot also with a 5-9 record. Heres updated list with what they think is each teams Top 3 needs..... By the way QB for us in not one of them, lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...r-all-32-teams

Assuming we lose in Detroit we Stan two move up two places, MAYBE....

1) Miami is @ Buffalo. I think the Bills can win this. It's an AFCE rival game and Miami has been up and down
                            2) Tenn is @ Jax.. Now here we move up or closer either way. Tenn wins we jump them and if It's Jax that's their 5th win ( don't know how the tie breaker would work between us and them). But I feel Titans will win this.
                            3) Vikings are @ Cinn. Usually you'd think automatic loss for Minny. But look what they did last week

So we could be sitting around 8 or 9 come Sunday night. Wow
                            Last edited by miked1958; 12-20-2013, 10:57 AM.
                            Football has been very, very good to us.
                            After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                            But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                            2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                            3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                            4-New York Giants!!!
                            5-NE
                            Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Then you have the next 5 teams all at 4 wins... They are Jax, browns, ATL, raiders, TB. Any of them win this week and it's tiebreakers system to see if we jump any of them. Doesn't really matter who is drafting 3rd or up to 7 cause a win could drop them pretty far depending on the toe breakers.. So

We talked about Tenn @ Jax already it's ironic all 5 of those teams are playing on the road which will make it difficult for any of them to win.

TB is @ STL

Browns @ Jets

Oakland @ SD

ATL @ SF..

Of this group I can see maybe tenn winning a Jax, browns winning at NY,. That's it.. But maybe tampa who has played better lately. SF kills ATL and raiders get handled in SD
                              Last edited by miked1958; 12-20-2013, 11:16 AM.
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Working...
                              X