Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistic TOP5 Big Board for GIANTS now that we know round abouts where we'll pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Now that we know were picking in the 9-14 range, give me ur top 5 most hopeful players that will be there for us, starting with the one you hope will be there most. Obviously Clowney, Barr, Bridegwater, and a handful of others probably won't be there. Hence "realistic" part of the thread. I'm intrested to see which players you guys are hoping for now and who u think will be available.

Heres my top 5 personal big board for Gmen, as of today. I believe were picking 11th as of right this second.

1). Mike Evans WR Texas A&M- This is my Best case scenario as most know. I'm huge fan of Mike Evans. This guys gonna dominate with his physicality, size, strength, blocking, redzone capabilities, speed..etc The giants need that big physical outside threat and Mike Evans is that. He reminds alot of Vincent Jackson.. I also think Alshon Jeffrey when i think of Mike Evans..

2).CJ Mosley OLB Bama- Im taking the safe route here. CJ Mosley dosne't have huge upside, nor is he a flashy player, but he plays both the run and the pass well, specailizing in the pass, and is very heady player, whos a 3down backer.. He's gonna come in and do his job and be a above avg LB in the NFL the next 10yrs.. Very little risk with this guy..

3).Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon- Good sized, fast, physical, corner, with some ball skills and fiestiness in the run game. Where do i sign up? Very athletic player. Definite NFL starter in my opinion.

4).Jason Verrett CB Tcu- Another corner i'm completely sold on is Verrett. This kids got bigtime ball skills, plays bigger then his size, and is lockdown cornerback. What he lacks in size, he makes up for with physical play and savy.

5).Marqise Lee WR Usc- Hes not big and physical like Evans, but he still can get behind a defense and is a really good route runner. A trio of Randle, Cruz, and Lee, is certainly intriguing blend of wr's. I just think hes to good to not be i n my top 5.
    I really think at a rookie Lee will be the best Rookie WR. He may even be the best receiver to be coming out as his game will really translate in the pros.

Im really surprised people are talking about him.. awesome prospect. Not to mention, his measurables are going to be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      my 5.. as of now

Mosley
      Watkins
      Evans
      Dennard
      Yankey (possible reach? trade back option)

I think Mack will be gone
      Dennard and Gilbert would make my Honarble Mention part of my list. I agree, i got Mack being gone.

Comment

Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post
        I really think at a rookie Lee will be the best Rookie WR. He may even be the best receiver to be coming out as his game will really translate in the pros.

Im really surprised people are talking about him.. awesome prospect. Not to mention, his measurables are going to be fantastic.
        The injury hurt lee's stock some. He was perdicted top 10 before. But still, hes proven hes back and just torched Fresno St to the tune of 118yrds and 2tds. This kids the complete package.

Comment

U guys should really check out Jason Verrett CB Tcu if u haven't. This kids all world. I know he dosne't have elite size, but hes got elite ball skills and instincts, and the speed to stay with just about anyone.. Hes one of the most talented CB's in this class. I got him 2nd behind only Ekpre-Olomu at this point.

Comment

With Jake Matthews being gone by the time we pick............there are still very good LT that we could snag with our first pick Cyrus Kouandjio would be great......if not Taylor Lewan would be fine. With the 2nd pick Travis Swanson at center would be great. 3rd pick at guard Zack Martin or Cyril Richardson would be nice additions...............all the men are huge (300lbs+) ..........it would pay dividends for years to come.............as far as beatty? Keep him as a rotational player...........mix him in somehow? Trade him?

Comment

Beatty is here to stay and can still rebound. Let's not give up after 1 bad season.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
              Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Evans
                Dennard
                Mosley
                Kouandijo
                Gilbert or Watkins

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post
                  Evans
                  Dennard
                  Mosley
                  Kouandijo
                  Gilbert or Watkins
                  I like this list.. Except for the LT, I'm not saying he's not good.. I just don't think it's an option

Comment

I just don't see Mosely happening. Reese seems to be content with our mediocre LB core and he hates drafting LB's in the 1st. I think Shazier is a fantastic option the 2nd, which allows us to actually grab an ELITE prospect, such as Watkins/Evans or Gilbert/Ekpre.
                    SuperMario82 on old GMB

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      Honestly:

1-Richardson G/T (Although if we do pick him I hope we trade back a few spots and get some extra picks)
                      2-Mosely LB
                      3-Mack LB
                      4-Dennard CB
                      5-Yankey G (Again, trade back if possible for more picks)
                      This right here. Don't get fettered with wideouts and pass rushers when LB and interior OL are the biggest areas of need.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

If we stay at our pick I would want us to select one of the following
                        Mack
                        Mosley
                        Dennard
                        Watkins (I am starting to prefer him over Evans... He has really great hands and is fast as hell)
                        ________
                        If we cannot get one of them I would be all for trading back and getting a really solid OG like Yankey later in the first
                        sigpic
                        S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                        __________________________________________________ ______
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                          This right here. Don't get fettered with wideouts and pass rushers when LB and interior OL are the biggest areas of need.
                          Are WR Core has been about as boring as any in the NFL. Hakeem Nicks is all but gone, and Cruz is gonna end up with less then 1000yrds and Randle has kinda fell a bit flat to end the yr.. Are you seeing the scores in the NFL these days? No teams get shutout like the giants did at home against Seattle. Even bad teams are putting up 17-24 points it seems like. We need a bevy of weapons, not just 1. Of course we need defense as well, but defnese has been better then the offense this yr. The offense has been utterly putrid.

I don't want to be like Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and MIami, as teams that seem to draft olineman all the time, yet nothing changes with there line play. You can get a good Oline with a good Oline coach, which we have. Hence, why teams that had Rich Seubert(undrafted), O'Hara(undrafted), McKenzie(3rd rd), Diehl(5th rd), Boothe(undrafted), and others ended up winning the SB . To me, it'd be a waste pick if we go G or T in the 1st rd..

Comment

I seen a couple more mocks today that had Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois in the 1st rd. This kids got something. You watch him play, and you can see the strong arm, ability to move in the pocket, throw on the run, and alot of savy. I really like this kid alot. Most know, i think its time to heavily start looking for Eli's replacement, and if we were to be able to add picks and drop way down the 1st rd, i'd not be against taking a gamble on a player like Jimmy Garoppolo. I don't think many on these boards realize how much better are offense will look, if we added a QB who can move around the pocket, scramble a bit, and make athletic plays. It'll make are Oline look a heck of alot better, i'll tell ya that much.

Comment

The pass rush is in just as bad of shape as the OL even though the defense was not that bad this year.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                                Are WR Core has been about as boring as any in the NFL. Hakeem Nicks is all but gone, and Cruz is gonna end up with less then 1000yrds and Randle has kinda fell a bit flat to end the yr.. Are you seeing the scores in the NFL these days? No teams get shutout like the giants did at home against Seattle. Even bad teams are putting up 17-24 points it seems like. We need a bevy of weapons, not just 1. Of course we need defense as well, but defnese has been better then the offense this yr. The offense has been utterly putrid.

I don't want to be like Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and MIami, as teams that seem to draft olineman all the time, yet nothing changes with there line play. You can get a good Oline with a good Oline coach, which we have. Hence, why teams that had Rich Seubert(undrafted), O'Hara(undrafted), McKenzie(3rd rd), Diehl(5th rd), Boothe(undrafted), and others ended up winning the SB . To me, it'd be a waste pick if we go G or T in the 1st rd..
                                Top 5 scoring offenses in the NFL and their 1-3 round picks the last 5 years (WR or OL):

Denver- 5 OL - 3 WRs
                                Philly- 2 OL - 1 WR
                                Dallas- 3 OL - 2 WRs
                                Chicago- 2 OL - 2 WRs
                                New England- 2 OL - 3 WRs

And for a lot of these, the more impactful pick was the OL and not the WR. The Pats for example took 3 WRs, but none really had any impact. Chicago took Alson Jeffery, Dallas took Dez, Philly Took Maclin, Denver took D Thomas, but they all added more OLmen.

Giants- 2 OL - 5 WRs , and we just took Pugh this past year. Beatty is the other. We took Nicks and Randle as our 2 big WR picks.

Sometimes, you need to draft more OL to support your QB who gets the ball to your WRs. Having stud WRs dont buy Eli more time or help the OL.
                                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Working...
                                X