Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realistic TOP5 Big Board for GIANTS now that we know round abouts where we'll pick?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    People aren't gonna under value these TE's much longer. They are making way to much of a impact in the NFL these days. Ur gonna see guys like Eric Ebrons and Jace Amaro's go in the 1st or 2nd every yr now.. Every team wants there own Jimmy Graham, Vernon Davis, Julius Thomas, and there not gonna be so willing to pass and watch other teams scoop these studs up in the 3rd-5th rd anymore..
    Absolutely agree.

I think the biggest mistake people are making is even considering most of these guys TE's in the 1st place. With the recent rule changes in the NFL no position has benefitted more then the TE. People need to consider some of these guys as WRs now instead of TEs. After all, when was the last time Jimmy Graham lined up tight to the line and when was the last time a defense tried to cover him down the field with a LB. I can tell you whenever it was Graham likely scored a TD.

Vernon Davis lines up tight to the line sometimes. Even when the 9ers line up with 2 wide + a TE defenses still often treat him as a WR preferring to stay in the nickel defense. This is exactly why the 9ers are such a good running team. They always have an advantage in blockers. The teams that give them trouble are the teams that have a defender who can both cover him in space and take him on in blocking.

Compare how those guys are used to our guy Myers. Sure he is 3rd in the team in receiving and is a functional player. But he doesn't demand a mismatch. Defenses CAN cover him with a LB and when they do he doesn't make them pay down the field nearly enough. Furthermore, when they do cover him with a DB he doesn't create that blocking mismatch in the run game.

I am not saying we should take a TE in the 1st. But, I am saying that TE is every bit as important a position in today's NFL as a WR.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
      Absolutely agree.

I think the biggest mistake people are making is even considering most of these guys TE's in the 1st place. With the recent rule changes in the NFL no position has benefitted more then the TE. People need to consider some of these guys as WRs now instead of TEs. After all, when was the last time Jimmy Graham lined up tight to the line and when was the last time a defense tried to cover him down the field with a LB. I can tell you whenever it was Graham likely scored a TD.

Vernon Davis lines up tight to the line sometimes. Even when the 9ers line up with 2 wide + a TE defenses still often treat him as a WR preferring to stay in the nickel defense. This is exactly why the 9ers are such a good running team. They always have an advantage in blockers. The teams that give them trouble are the teams that have a defender who can both cover him in space and take him on in blocking.

Compare how those guys are used to our guy Myers. Sure he is 3rd in the team in receiving and is a functional player. But he doesn't demand a mismatch. Defenses CAN cover him with a LB and when they do he doesn't make them pay down the field nearly enough. Furthermore, when they do cover him with a DB he doesn't create that blocking mismatch in the run game.

I am not saying we should take a TE in the 1st. But, I am saying that TE is every bit as important a position in today's NFL as a WR.
      I agree but for this team im not sure how much sense a TE is at 12. Now if we have a different OC that can utilize more then 1 inside receiver at a time we can talk. As long as this offense is in place I cant see taking 1 that high

Comment

I'm no big college football fan, so I don't watch many games besides the bowl games, but the TE from Texas Tech (Jace Amaro) was pretty impressive last night against Az. St.

Though Az. St. is no big time defense, Amaro looked notably more fluid and athletic than the Az. St. LB's.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo'Ed View Post
          I'm no big college football fan, so I don't watch many games besides the bowl games, but the TE from Texas Tech (Jace Amaro) was pretty impressive last night against Az. St.

Though Az. St. is no big time defense, Amaro looked notably more fluid and athletic than the Az. St. LB's.
          Yeah I spotted him over the summer and was immediately impressed , He is a tremendous receiving talent but not a lot of in line blocking tape of him He has tape blocking in space on bubble screens and he is pretty effective but lets be honest your drafting him to rip teams down the field.

Comment

Pass rusher wr or corner seems to be what will be available at our pick with regards to bpa/need

Comment

For me
              Mack
              Ealy
              Lee
              Ogbuehi
              Evans

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                I agree but for this team im not sure how much sense a TE is at 12. Now if we have a different OC that can utilize more then 1 inside receiver at a time we can talk. As long as this offense is in place I cant see taking 1 that high
                I do agree with regards to our situation.

That said, I do not think we can afford the combination or Myers and Gilbride again in 2014. Myers isn't a terrible player he just plays too much into that finesse offense trap that Gilbride falls into far too often.
                sigpic

Comment

Now that we know were picking in the 9-14 range, give me ur top 5 most hopeful players that will be there for us, starting with the one you hope will be there most. Obviously Clowney, Barr, Bridegwater, and a handful of others probably won't be there. Hence "realistic" part of the thread. I'm intrested to see which players you guys are hoping for now and who u think will be available.

Heres my top 5 personal big board for Gmen, as of today. I believe were picking 11th as of right this second.

1). Mike Evans WR Texas A&M- This is my Best case scenario as most know. I'm huge fan of Mike Evans. This guys gonna dominate with his physicality, size, strength, blocking, redzone capabilities, speed..etc The giants need that big physical outside threat and Mike Evans is that. He reminds alot of Vincent Jackson.. I also think Alshon Jeffrey when i think of Mike Evans..

2).CJ Mosley OLB Bama- Im taking the safe route here. CJ Mosley dosne't have huge upside, nor is he a flashy player, but he plays both the run and the pass well, specailizing in the pass, and is very heady player, whos a 3down backer.. He's gonna come in and do his job and be a above avg LB in the NFL the next 10yrs.. Very little risk with this guy..

3).Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon- Good sized, fast, physical, corner, with some ball skills and fiestiness in the run game. Where do i sign up? Very athletic player. Definite NFL starter in my opinion.

4).Jason Verrett CB Tcu- Another corner i'm completely sold on is Verrett. This kids got bigtime ball skills, plays bigger then his size, and is lockdown cornerback. What he lacks in size, he makes up for with physical play and savy.

5).Marqise Lee WR Usc- Hes not big and physical like Evans, but he still can get behind a defense and is a really good route runner. A trio of Randle, Cruz, and Lee, is certainly intriguing blend of wr's. I just think hes to good to not be i n my top 5.
                  I am a little surprised to see Watkins not on your list. I know you like him
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                    I am a little surprised to see Watkins not on your list. I know you like him
                    I was assuming he was gone when i made this list..

Comment

I was assuming he was gone when i made this list..
                      Watkins will be a top 10 pick. I think he will be the 1st WR taken. Probably Bucs at 7, Bills at 9.
                      WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

My new list..

1). Mike Evans WR Tex A&M
                        2). Kony Ealy DE Mizzo- This is a great pick to take over for Tuck going forward..
                        3). Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB Oregon- If he comes out, i love this kid..I've heard conflicting reports about his going pro..
                        4). Khalil Mack LB Buffalo- I'd be surprised if he makes it to us, but if he does, hes on my top 5..
                        5). Marqise Lee WR Usc

I'd put Watkins in my top 5, but think hes gonna be gone.

My Hon Mention guys- Eric Ebron(if gilbride is def gone), D.Dennard CB Mich St, J.Gilbert CB Ok St, J.Verrett CB Tcu, Jace Amaro TE Tex Tech...

Comment

Working...
                        X