First 2 picks of the draft should be offensive linemen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First 2 picks of the draft should be offensive linemen

NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I don't care about best player available. What does nearly every playoff team this year have in common? An offensive line that is GOOD ENOUGH to make things happen. The giants defense played decent enough this year, the offense was just so horrible. Put wilson on the 49ers and he probably would have produced when healthy. Beef up the line and your team suddenly finds itself in position to win games and your defense gets most rest and momentum to work with

We need help on the interior of the OL and there isn't really a G/C talented enough to be selected at our range with the 1st pick. I can understand people wanting to go with an OT then but I don't see a franchise like the Giants giving up on Beatty a year after his contract or moving Pugh inside when he did admirable at RT. A 2nd round (still a top 50 draft prospect which is GOOD) pick for the interior would be welcome as if you recall, Snee was a 2nd round pick and ended up becoming one of the best Guards this franchise has seen.

As for the offensive line and playoffs comment, I see at least 3 of those teams that have offensive line issues on the same level as ours (Seahawks, Dolphins, Colts) but the difference is that they are getting good play from either the QB and/or DL spots to offset that problem. That isn't the case for the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruest View Post
      NO DOUBT ABOUT IT. I don't care about best player available. What does nearly every playoff team this year have in common? An offensive line that is GOOD ENOUGH to make things happen. The giants defense played decent enough this year, the offense was just so horrible. Put wilson on the 49ers and he probably would have produced when healthy. Beef up the line and your team suddenly finds itself in position to win games and your defense gets most rest and momentum to work with
      Well said and I agree with you 100 percent
      Football has been very, very good to us.
      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
      4-New York Giants!!!
      5-NE
      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

Sure.. But the Giants need interior linemen.. Is there one worth taking in the top 15?.. Do you take a OT in the 1st?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          Sure.. But the Giants need interior linemen.. Is there one worth taking in the top 15?.. Do you take a OT in the 1st?
          Fix the situation at RT first before an Interior O-line.

Comment

Originally posted by thomasg2488 View Post
            Pugh?

Comment

We need to address the O Line in free agency first ....and then spent 2 of our first 3 picks on the O Line.
              With Snee and Deihl probably gone , Bass always injured , and countless other injuries ....we need genuine starters and depth on the O line otherwise 2014 will be equally as horrible as 2013. It is an absolute priority.
              Winter Is Coming .... Go Giants !

Comment

First pick needs to be a defensive playmaker. Round 2 and 3 need to be a interior offensive linemen

Comment

reese will go best available according the the giants board. which will look nothing like other teams or experts boards sadly.

Comment

?

Comment

We will not take olinemen with our first two picks. It is bad value. We could take a guard in the second and sign a fa guard and keep baas (who hopefully gets healthy) and resign boothe for cheap as an insurance policy. We need a stud playmaker in the first. Either a cb, de, or wr IMO.

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                      Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Originally posted by njersey View Post
                        ?
                        +1

Comment

I'm sure he meant LT.

I'm not sure we need to address the interior issues with the first two selection though, one possibly two may come from FA's. If some can't miss kid finds his way to us at 9-10, we have to select him regardless of his position, I would assume.

Comment

TRADE DOWN!!! TRADE DOWN!!! TRADE DOWN!!! TRADE DOWN!!!

I do not know the talent level of next years draft class but if at all possible we need to trade down and get an extra pick or two. Draft a couple/few OL, OLB, CB, possibly a RB and TE.
                            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                            Garrett Bolles - OT
                            David Njoku - TE
                            Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

I think you take a tackle that high if one of the top three are still on the board. Beatty can move to right and pugh inside!! You can grab a guard in the second. pick up a veteran center.

Comment

Working...
                              X