Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eric Ebron TE UNC- Giants potential first rounder?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching highlights of him today.. Vernon Davis is a good comparison

Comment

I think we need to come out of this draft with one of these big do it all tight ends... Ebron, sefarian-Jenkins, Niklas, there's a few more

Comment

Originally posted by CruzSoldier View Post
        I agree on Seferian-Jenkins I hope he is there when we pick in round #2 also like OG Gabe Jackson.
        I'd like Fiedorowicz in the 3rd. Dude is like 6'7 275, athletic, fast, and can block and catch.

1st) Robinson/Lewan
        2nd) Z. Martin/G. Jackson/C. Richardson
        3rd) Fiedorowicz

Comment

However I wouldn't be mad if we picked Ebron! He's a beast!

Comment

Originally posted by DISRUPTER View Post
            However I wouldn't be mad if we picked Ebron! He's a beast!
            Me too.. I'm officially on the band wagon.. Might have to change my sig mock below, sick of these stop gap TEs

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
              Me too.. I'm officially on the band wagon.. Might have to change my sig mock below, sick of these stop gap TEs
              I hear ya. It's been "musical TE's" since Kevin Boss. Would love to lock in a stud for 4+ years.

Comment

Sig mock.. Changed

Comment

Sig mock.. Changed
                  Can ebron block

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
                    Can ebron block
                    ??? From what I've read, he's more of a pass catcher. Not a lot of mention of his blocking skills.

Comment

He's not there yet, but he's sure athletic enough to become a good one.. I've seen him lay people out

Comment

Originally posted by DISRUPTER View Post
                        ??? From what I've read, he's more of a pass catcher. Not a lot of mention of his blocking skills.
                        Yeah I was just curious cause I couldn't find info on that, but I do love his skill set as a reciever

Comment

Interesting all this talk about drafting a TE.

I just spent some time on YouTube (while watching the NFC championship game) watching videos of the top TE prospects (Ebron, Seferian-Jenkins, and Amaro) and my opinions:

Ebron: Most athletic of the bunch; like a big fast WR with quickness and speed. One highlight he showed big time speed outrunning the secondary on an intermediate reception. Didn't look all that big which probably means he's an average blocker.

Seferian-Jenkins: Tall and rangy athletic guy; looks vaguely like Jimmy Graham physique wise. Doesn't have that top end speed like Ebron, looks pretty physical (well looks like he can be with that size).

Amaro: Looks to have the most natural receiving skills (though not sure if that Texas Tech system skews this perception). Kind of a mix between Ebron and Seferian-Jenkins; skill and physique wise.

I also watched some video on C.J. Fiedorowicz and this is one big TE. Doesn't look all that quick or fast but has nice soft hands. A lot of his highlights are him just using his height and catching seam passes (I worry about him on the seam passes considering Eli throws those seam passes high a lot).

Comment

UNC used Ebron as a 3rd down pass rusher sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                              UNC used Ebron as a 3rd down pass rusher sometimes
                              yea.. I've read that also..

Comment

yea.. I've read that also..
                                Yeah in my cut up I did of him over the summer vs NC state he had some pass rush snaps

Comment

Working...
                                X