This year's crop of tight ends

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This year's crop of tight ends

I started to take a look at the TEs coming out of school this year. Haven't watched a whole lot of film, but it looks like there is some talent to be had.

Eric Ebron: Seemed like a guy who could make people miss in space and is able to block well enough. Pretty big looking but looks like he could add some weight. I watched his bowl game against Cincinnati for what it's worth.

Jace Amaro: Just announced that he'll be entering the draft. Watched his game against Oklahoma and was not very impressed. He's split out wide for a large percentage of the offensive snaps and seemed to get shut down by the man coverage the Sooners were using. Didn't get to see much of him blocking- does Texas Tech keep him out of those situations intentionally?

Austin Seferian-Jenkins: Love this kid. He had a lot of hype going into the season but that's seemed to taper off a little bit. Saw his game against Cal and he looked fantastic as an in-line blocker. Washington was consistently calling running plays to his side and having success with it (btw, their RB Sankey looks really special). He looks massive, long arms and a big frame. Didn't consistently get open, but was able to make people miss and had a near-catch along the sidelines that was pretty impressive. Definitely my favorite of the three since he seems to be mocked later than the other two anyway.

Colt Lyerla: Haven't seen film on him but I know he has a reputation as an athletic freak. I think he may have played a different position at one point? Can anyone share some details on him?

I think this is a draft where we should strongly consider picking up a big red zone target for Eli. Any other guys out there that I'm missing?

Jensen is a guy who intrigues me. Big frame, good blocker. He isnt going to be much of a vertical threat. But neither was Ballard.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      Jensen is a guy who intrigues me. Big frame, good blocker. He isnt going to be much of a vertical threat. But neither was Ballard.
      I really think it's important to get a good solid blocker. Doesn't have to be Jimmy Graham on the receiving end. Just someone who can seal the edge and move the chains on third down

Comment

I think seferian-Jenkins is perfect for us

Comment

Originally posted by King Sully View Post
          I think seferian-Jenkins is perfect for us
          not unless he falls to at least the 2nd. Giants dont really like to touch guys with off field issues until a couple rounds in.

Comment

Oh I had no idea about the off field issues, in that case you're right.

Comment

Amaro for me.. This guy is gonna be a stud in the pros

Comment

I really would like Sefarian-Jenkins in the 2nd or C.J Fiedorowicz in the 3rd. Both fit our system very well I think
                sigpic
                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                __________________________________________________ ______
                Mock Draft
                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                __________________________________________________ ______
                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                  not unless he falls to at least the 2nd. Giants dont really like to touch guys with off field issues until a couple rounds in.
                  Im still pissed that we didnt look at Vontaze Burfict... :/
                  Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                    Yup.. The entire league is pissed.. Outside of Cincinnati

Comment

Originally posted by Kase-1 View Post
                      I still would pass on him even knowing what he is now.

No way I touch him. Even if he was a FA right now I wouldn't sign him.

Comment

Agreed with the fella about Jace Amaro..he'd be our version of aaron hernandez without the whole murder thing

Comment

Working...
                        X