Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sammy Watkins of Clemson against Ohio State...WoW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    I like Shazier more than Mosley.

Mack is a different type of player. Mack is an on the line SAM, he can disrupt the running game, he can blitz. He can jam a TE,

Shazier you keep out in space. Let him roam. He has the speed of a J Will, but he has an intensity you rarely see from a LB, he launches into guys, injuries himself doing it, but comes right back for more.
    I agree about Shazier. I've mocked Mosley a few times to us, but really don't love the idea. Its just a safe pick. But as far as at the next level, i think Shaziers temprement on the field is better suited. He may get dinged alot, but hes gonna make a ton of plays all over the field when he isn't..

Comment

i dunno about watkins being this slam dunk top 10 pick. right now, victim to the moment and knee jerk reactions, then yeah.

but, thats a big deal for teams, if the wr can come in and run routes and be used in the nfl pass game, not collegiate pass game. notice how many routes watkins ran today. it was dynamic, and a sight to see, but, were he to run those routes only, in the nfl, itd be tough to feature him effectively. similar to how tavon was hit or miss this year.

he's the kind of player team scouting is so paramount.the scouts really need to put in the time to make sure they KNOW whether or not he can progress and develop.

what pick was cordelle patterson taken? i think thats a better comparison...

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
        what pick was cordelle patterson taken? i think thats a better comparison...
        29th. 3rd WR taken.

Comment

Mike Evans would be more of a replacement for Nicks given what we currently like to do

Someone like Watkins might excel under New OC with different scheme

Comment

Don't see Watkins lasting anywhere near 12. I really like Benjamin. Evans might be interesting. I like Mosely over Shazier. Shazier disappears sometimes like the Michigan game. Mosely shows up for 4 quarters every game. Don't get me wrong, I'd be cool with Shazier but like Mosely a bit better. Watkins at 12 ain't happening.

Comment

Watkins was impressive.

He has really good after the catch running ability, but I think a lot of it is the offensive scheme as a lot of his catches are short passes designed for him to run afterwards.

Boyd was impressive too and has gotten foreshadowed probably since he's been at Clemson for all 4 years and the other big QB's available.

Comment

While everyone was jumping on the Mike Evans float, I was staying still saying Watkins is the best WR in this class. I also think Marquies Lee is a stud as well. Evans still worries me a bit with his separation of DBs. Watkins is a game changer. Still don't want him though because our needs are more pressing on the OL.

Also, I still have no.idea why Boyd is not considered a top QB in this draft. Absolute steal in the 3rd. Hell, even the 2nd.
                WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

If he's there at 12 we have to take him. We have to go BPA especially in rd 1. U can't pass up on that kind of talent. He was an absolute beast last night and made it look easy.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think what Jernigan showed at the end of the year reminded me a bunch of what Watkins is doing right now. Maybe WR won't be as much a need as some think? Cruz Rundle JJ?
                    WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Shazier was absolutely trucked by Watkins towards the end of the game.

Comment

Watkins is not on my Big Board.. Why? Cause he'll be long gone... I think he'll go as high as #2 to the Rams

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                          Call me crazy, but I think what Jernigan showed at the end of the year reminded me a bunch of what Watkins is doing right now. Maybe WR won't be as much a need as some think? Cruz Rundle JJ?
                          Lol that doesn't sound as crazy as it would of a month ago. I've been saying the same thing about Jernigan. He really impressed me the last few weeks. Hopefully he can carry it into next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                            Watkins is not on my Big Board.. Why? Cause he'll be long gone... I think he'll go as high as #2 to the Rams
                            This is what I am thinking. If the Rams are smart though, they trade down a few spots to a team that wants a QB or Clowney and grab him and then take an OL with their 2nd pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Flip Empty View Post
                              29th. 3rd WR taken.
                              id bet he's around that area being taken than he is top 10...he's not the finished, accomplished route runner that top 10 pick wr's have most times...tavon austin kinda bucks that thought but i dunno wtf stl was thinking...well i do, but if u go back and look at the top 10 selected wr's over the years, they almost always had an ability to run routes used in the nfl. watkins just was running bubble screens all night and getting a lot of yac yes, but in the nfl, you need to run routes...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
                                Lol that doesn't sound as crazy as it would of a month ago. I've been saying the same thing about Jernigan. He really impressed me the last few weeks. Hopefully he can carry it into next season.
                                I have liked Jernigan for years, just thought he was not given the opportunity. We need the next OC to come in and be creative and to be able to have JJ and Cruz on the field at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X