Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think of tre mason, the rb from auburn?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do you guys think of tre mason, the rb from auburn?

    Do you college guys think this kid could be a solid third round pick?

  • #2
    Personally I like the kid, he has put up some big numbers against some good teams, (Alabama, Mizz) and had back to back 1000 yard plus seasons. If I had to guess I'd say he be a third rounder too...maybe 4th. Will be interesting to see how he does in the pros....I'll bet he wont get 1000 his first season though...LOL

    Comment


    • #3
      GET THIS KID

      Comment


      • #4
        What's not to like?

        Comment


        • #5
          MJD's 2nd coming.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            He's nice But I like a bigger presence like a Carlos Hyde better for this team. If Wilson comes back healthy, a big back like Hyde would be a perfect compliment to him and Brown.
            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by titwio View Post
              He's nice But I like a bigger presence like a Carlos Hyde better for this team. If Wilson comes back healthy, a big back like Hyde would be a perfect compliment to him and Brown.
              I agree a big bruiser back would compliment Wilson. But I am not sold on Hyde just yet.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                I agree a big bruiser back would compliment Wilson. But I am not sold on Hyde just yet.
                I religiously never miss OSU games and I love what I saw from Hyde this year. Much improved from last year and he brings a lot to the table. His skill set from a complete standpoint is second to none imo. Tough blocker, good hands (better than both Brown and Wilson imo) with deceptive speed and great balance.

                Since his suspension he's carried the Buckeyes and was consistent all year. Played angry and with a chip on his shoulder. I liked that.
                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                Comment


                • #9
                  He just dominated the best defense in the country. Kids the real deal. He runs hard and with great balance. Hes a beast.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    I religiously never miss OSU games and I love what I saw from Hyde this year. Much improved from last year and he brings a lot to the table. His skill set from a complete standpoint is second to none imo. Tough blocker, good hands (better than both Brown and Wilson imo) with deceptive speed and great balance.

                    Since his suspension he's carried the Buckeyes and was consistent all year. Played angry and with a chip on his shoulder. I liked that.
                    I do not doubt his skillset. I also don't mean to sound as if I don't like him. There is definitely stuff there to like. My problem, which is more of a concern more revolves around his past weight problems and his dedication which came into question in past years there. There were some negative reports out there.

                    This year he came in determined and fit, playing at around 230 which is more where he belongs. In past years playing at 242+ lbs he looked slow and "fullbackish" at times.

                    I would like to see him come into the combine at about 225-230 and run well. Show scouts that he is taking a football life seriously.


                    That said, I still like Mason more as a prospect. I think he is a yard gainer, simple as that. I love how small he gets through the hole. He really reminds me of a young MJD. There are other guys I like more as well, starting with Gordon.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      He will go in the late 1st - early 2nd. I dont see him getting past the Jags in round 2 with MJD leaving.
                      Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 9GMEN14 View Post
                        Do you college guys think this kid could be a solid third round pick?
                        9, Don't see him available in the 3rd, earlier if you want him I would think.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Been mocking him for months. WANT HIM.
                          2017 Mock Draft (Pre-combine / FA):

                          Rd 1: OJ Howard (TE, Alabama)
                          Rd 2: Tanoh Kpassagnon (DE, Villanova)
                          Rd 3: Antonio Garcia (OT, Troy)
                          Rd 4: Samaje Perine (RB, Oklahoma)
                          Rd 5: Davis Webb (QB, Cal)
                          Rd 6: Ahkello Witherspoon (CB, Colorado)
                          Rd 7: DJ Jones (DT, Ole Miss)

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X