Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foolish Texans will pick Bridgewater over Manziel ......Mark my words- Eternal LOSERS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Texans should take Clowney and trade for Cousins or maybe try to get Mallet.

Comment

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by blu_buddha View Post
        I think they will go Clowney. Bill O'Brein already stated he wants a QB that is a hard worker and studies the game. First guy in Last guy out type of guy ...that rules out Manziel unless his PR team turns around his image in the next 3 months. Clowney and Watt will be a sick duo. A sure thing on a rookie pay scale is a no brainer.

Living in Houston I have a strong feeling they might go with a veteran QB like McCown or someone else for a year and wait for some of the better prospects next year. Bortles is a candidate but only if they trade down.

They need to rebuild the right side of their line before they can get a franchise signal caller and get their running game back on track. They also have major secondary issues also and need to address that or their rookie QB will be coming back from behind way too much.
        If they like McCown I could see them trading out of first overall and collecting king's ransom for it. I don't know if they'll pass on Teddy though, especially as the process rolls around and people watch him workout....but if they did trade their pick....I think it would be very smart. They could add a lot pieces and have some extra future firsts....that is, if they get a blockbuster done like the Rams with RG3.
        "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
          If they like McCown I could see them trading out of first overall and collecting king's ransom for it. I don't know if they'll pass on Teddy though, especially as the process rolls around and people watch him workout....but if they did trade their pick....I think it would be very smart. They could add a lot pieces and have some extra future firsts....that is, if they get a blockbuster done like the Rams with RG3.
          Here's the issue though: If they pick up a QB in free agency, then everyone KNOWS they won't use a pick on a QB, and just trade with St Louis instead.

Also, St. Louis is poised to get another big ransom trading the 2nd overall pick if that happens. They could get a couple firsts out of someone looking to draft Manziel, knowing that in 2 years that team will have a high first rounder...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

True , I still haven't gotten a feel for O'Brien yet and what direction he wants to take the team but he is trying to recreate the Patriots here just by his choices as coaches. I do know that Manziels off field life might be a characteristic that hinders his dedication to the game in O'Briens eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
              Here's the issue though: If they pick up a QB in free agency, then everyone KNOWS they won't use a pick on a QB, and just trade with St Louis instead.

Also, St. Louis is poised to get another big ransom trading the 2nd overall pick if that happens. They could get a couple firsts out of someone looking to draft Manziel, knowing that in 2 years that team will have a high first rounder...
              That's a good point. Although McCown could just be seen as a stop gap and still look to Teddy as their future (or make it seem that way). Or they could trade the first overall and draft Bortles or Carr....depending on who they trade with. There's a lot of scenarios they can make work for them and the 1st overall pick leaves a lot of open suggestions and considerations to take into account.

I'm not advocating either way....I was just merely saying.
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

Having Watt and Clowney with Cushing coming back is just to good to pass up. Not a scout but really don't think these QB's predicted to go in the first are worth the first overall pick. Maybe they should pick another Carr with the first overall pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  Not really. Just because they sign a QB, doesn't mean their pick becomes worth less all of the sudden. Say a team sells the farm to get St. Louis' pick to get Bridgewater, there's nothing stopping another team from trading with Houston to one up their pick to get Bridgewater themselves. If a team is looking to trade up to get Bridgewater, you wouldn't risk trading up to 2nd only to have another team trade up to first to snag him from you. Unless of course a team values Bridgewater and another player equally like say Clowney or Bortles. Then it would be like 2012 with RG3 and Luck, where even if you don't get "your" guy, you can be more than happy with the left-over option.

Comment

Can't wait til Manziel busts and has a Ryan Leaf moment.

Comment

This thread went from yet another in a long list I would ignore so as not to feed the troll, to being pretty awesome.
                      sigpic

Comment

Manziel spent a good portion of his final season throwing from the pocket. It was definitely a lot more than his freshman year. He can do it and does have the capability....I just don't know if it'll be smart to make him that guy. I feel coaches have to be more creative with him to be successful. He's better rolling out and throwing on the run.

Your right about the 6'1 generous height given....he looks more like 5'11 to me. He has pics of himself standing next to Chris Paul who's 6'0 and Paul is clearly taller by a good inch or so. If Manziel was made into a pocket passer, the first thing I think he'll have to change is his trajectory on the ball. Smaller QB's like Brees or Wilson throw over the top high arching throws...Manziel is lot more even and line drive. NFL lineman will be all over those.
                        Thats something that gets overlooked sometimes when discussing Wilson his release point is actually higher than QB's 3 or 4 inches taller. Another thing about Manziel is the line play he has been afforded is unprecedented. He has had the number 1 rated tackle in the 2013,2014, and right now projected 2015 Draft. Last year they all played together on the same Oline, He also has 1 of the best centers in college football. He will almost certainly be drafted to a team where the Oline play will be much worse than what he had at A&M.

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
                          Thats something that gets overlooked sometimes when discussing Wilson his release point is actually higher than QB's 3 or 4 inches taller. Another thing about Manziel is the line play he has been afforded is unprecedented. He has had the number 1 rated tackle in the 2013,2014, and right now projected 2015 Draft. Last year they all played together on the same Oline, He also has 1 of the best centers in college football. He will almost certainly be drafted to a team where the Oline play will be much worse than what he had at A&M.
                          Yet he still had to run around in circles. I dont think the line play will factor much with him, just as it doesnt with Wilson. Those QBs find ways to scramble and buy time. My biggest concerns with JManziel is can he stay healthy and can he stay out of trouble off the field.
                          Life is like a Giants game, you never know what you are going to get.

Comment

Working...
                          X