Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SR BOWL thread(weigh ins, practice reports, and game info).

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good post on that article! I have been hearing a lot of good things from LB Kirksey who really has been rising up my personal rankings lately after rewatching the Nebraska game tape and seeing how good he was in coverage... He was lined up on a slot WR a lot of the game! He also is good at blitzing and is pretty solid vs the run as well. I really think he is underrated and hope to keep it that way because I think he could be a potential mid-round gem.

I have seen Borland compared to Zach Thomas quite a few times now which would be solid. He is supposedly really good in coverage as well. I watched a highlight of him and he absolutely stuffed Carlos Hyde on the goal line! That is impressive because I have not seen many people that have been able to do that vs Hyde. The only thing is he is listed at MLB. I am curious if he could play some OLB... If so he would be a nice 3-4th round pick IMO
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

The more I watch of Arthur Lynch TE from Georgia at the Senior Bowl the more similarities I see between him and Jason Witten. He is a big guy who is a great in line blocker and has soft hands in the receiving game. He made some nice catches in the practice that I saw today. He is pretty impressive and I would be happy with him in the 4th round
      sigpic
      Mock Draft
      Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
        The more I watch of Arthur Lynch TE from Georgia at the Senior Bowl the more similarities I see between him and Jason Witten. He is a big guy who is a great in line blocker and has soft hands in the receiving game. He made some nice catches in the practice that I saw today. He is pretty impressive and I would be happy with him in the 4th round
        Will you look at this 7rd mock i've put together when i'm finished and tell me what you think? Its on Draft site, and its taken me awhile, so i'mj hoping to have one person at least who can look at it and tell me what they think.

Comment

Arthur Lynch is growing on me some also. He reminds me of Dallas Clark..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            Will you look at this 7rd mock i've put together when i'm finished and tell me what you think? Its on Draft site, and its taken me awhile, so i'mj hoping to have one person at least who can look at it and tell me what they think.
            Yeah no problem. Just let me know when I can check it out! Clark and Lynch is a pretty good comparison because they both kind of have that old school TE feel to them where they aren't the most athletic guys but they are tough and do just about anything you ask them to do
            sigpic
            Mock Draft

Comment

Can't believe I missed this thread.

Jordan Zumwalt is someone I will have my eye on. Watched a lot of Bruins games this year and he always jumped out. Constantly around the football making big time hits. He was somewhat under the radar this year, mostly because the announcers and analysts were making such a big deal over Anthony Barr (and rightly so), but for a team like the Giants who need help at LB, Zumwalt could be a guy I wouldn't mind them looking at.

Others I'm really interested in seeing:

RaShede Hageman - He's someone I could see in play for the Giants at 12. He has that versatility factor that Giants love on their D-line where he can lineup inside or on the end. Being a physical freak also doesn't hurt.

Michael Sam- Was better than Ealy this year but doesn't have the prototypical frame NFL scouts covet. IMO that's the only thing holding him back from being a first round pick. Guy recorded something like 20 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks for Mizzou. His motor is ridiculous.

Will Clarke- nycsportzfan mentioned him and I watched him play in the East/West game where he stood out. 6'7 275....yeah, want to watch that guy.

Also:

Kyle Van Noy
              Jimmy Garoppolo
              Christian Jones
              Dee Ford
              Jordan Matthews
              "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

My two sleeper CB's that I am excited to watch are Qua Cox (someone has mentioned him before) and Walt Aikens. I want to see what both guys can do vs D1 guys
                sigpic
                Mock Draft

Comment

Yeah no problem. Just let me know when I can check it out! Clark and Lynch is a pretty good comparison because they both kind of have that old school TE feel to them where they aren't the most athletic guys but they are tough and do just about anything you ask them to do
                  Thanks buddy.

Comment

big fan.. I like him in the 4th..

Comment

I'm not done with the Draft yet, but i just made the Giants 6th rd pick, which is obviously are last pick.. This is what i came out with for us. Remember this is drafting for every team, which makes it alot harder then just doing a GIants mock draft.lol(which i'm finding out)

1). Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo(i was surprised Mack got to us, which gives me alittle more hope he'll be there in real life when we pick)
                      2). Aaron Donald DT Pitt(i started this draft before sr bowl practices began. I really don't see this being possible by draft day, but oh well.lol)
                      3). Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
                      4). Aaron Lynch DE S.Florida
                      5). Billy Turner OT N.Dakota St(actually seen this kid during playoff game on ESPN, and he looked great.)
                      6). Devonta Freeman RB Florida St.

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                        Can't believe I missed this thread.

Jordan Zumwalt is someone I will have my eye on. Watched a lot of Bruins games this year and he always jumped out. Constantly around the football making big time hits. He was somewhat under the radar this year, mostly because the announcers and analysts were making such a big deal over Anthony Barr (and rightly so), but for a team like the Giants who need help at LB, Zumwalt could be a guy I wouldn't mind them looking at.

Others I'm really interested in seeing:

RaShede Hageman - He's someone I could see in play for the Giants at 12. He has that versatility factor that Giants love on their D-line where he can lineup inside or on the end. Being a physical freak also doesn't hurt.

Michael Sam- Was better than Ealy this year but doesn't have the prototypical frame NFL scouts covet. IMO that's the only thing holding him back from being a first round pick. Guy recorded something like 20 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks for Mizzou. His motor is ridiculous.

Will Clarke- nycsportzfan mentioned him and I watched him play in the East/West game where he stood out. 6'7 275....yeah, want to watch that guy.

Also:

Kyle Van Noy
                        Jimmy Garoppolo
                        Christian Jones
                        Dee Ford
                        Jordan Matthews
                        Your not to late. Still got the game.. Glad you noticed, as your inputs always welcome..

Your guy Hageman weighed in at 318lbs and at 6ft 6in, and was noted as being "compact".. That was good news for the big upside DT.. I've also read some good reports on him as well. Bears are probably gonna seriously consider him at pick 15. I also like him.

Clarkes stock in flying high right now. I'm so glad hes moving outta sleeper staturs and into top 3rd status. Hes got a huge motor and looks the partt, and has some pass rush moves and a ton of strength and underrated flexibility.. Will Clarkes really climbing up my fave player in this draft list..

Comment

I'm not done with the Draft yet, but i just made the Giants 6th rd pick, which is obviously are last pick.. This is what i came out with for us. Remember this is drafting for every team, which makes it alot harder then just doing a GIants mock draft.lol(which i'm finding out)

1). Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo(i was surprised Mack got to us, which gives me alittle more hope he'll be there in real life when we pick)
                          2). Aaron Donald DT Pitt(i started this draft before sr bowl practices began. I really don't see this being possible by draft day, but oh well.lol)
                          3). Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers
                          4). Aaron Lynch DE S.Florida
                          5). Billy Turner OT N.Dakota St(actually seen this kid during playoff game on ESPN, and he looked great.)
                          6). Devonta Freeman RB Florida St.
                          That would be a pretty legit draft. I love the Turner pick. I have seen him play probably 3-4 times this year live and he is an animal. Even against K State I thought he played well. NDSU is a powerhouse at their level of football haha.
                          sigpic
                          Mock Draft

Comment

That would be a pretty legit draft. I love the Turner pick. I have seen him play probably 3-4 times this year live and he is an animal. Even against K State I thought he played well. NDSU is a powerhouse at their level of football haha.
                            Heres the link to the entire draft, i just finished. Took me parts of 3days. You should do one.. Its actually pretty fun...

http://www.draftsite.com/mydraftsite...ck-draft/2014/
                            Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-25-2014, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Your guy Hageman weighed in at 318lbs and at 6ft 6in, and was noted as being "compact".. That was good news for the big upside DT.. I've also read some good reports on him as well. Bears are probably gonna seriously consider him at pick 15. I also like him.
                              I think he has Giants type pick written all over him. Wouldn't be surprised at all if he's on their radar especially if Linval isn't re-signed. If he tests well in the next couple of months, I think he could solidify himself in the top 10. Guys that big, athletic with raw power are tough for teams to pass on.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X