Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of the Box -- Eli for Clowney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Houston, would laugh in Jerry's face if he approached them with that offer. Nobody, is giving up the 1st pick in the draft for Eli Manning. Forget about throwing in Schaub. This is absolute craziness.
    Not so sure -- look what Peyton is doing for Denver -- and Houston could turn it around quickly, just like KC did, don't you think?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
      Not so sure -- look what Peyton is doing for Denver -- and Houston could turn it around quickly, just like KC did, don't you think?
      Eli is not Peyton. And Denver didn't have the 1st pick in the draft. If they did, Andrew Luck would be playing in Denver right now. You don't trade the first overall pick for a player that has 5 years left at the most.
      #80

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
        Not a joke at all.

        Eli is on the backside of his career -- Clowney is a terror that could dominate and make us a killer D again. Why is that crazy?
        At least put a qb's name out there cause without one you're not winning anything.
        sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
          But Eli may never be the same -- Clowney is just starting -- doesn't that shift the balance?

          Not for me. Established franchise QBs are hard to come by, potentially great defensive linemen, less so.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
            Eli is not Peyton. And Denver didn't have the 1st pick in the draft. If they did, Andrew Luck would be playing in Denver right now. You don't trade the first overall pick for a player that has 5 years left at the most.
            You may be right -- but I assume you would do the deal if you were the NYG?

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
              Houston, would laugh in Jerry's face if he approached them with that offer. Nobody, is giving up the 1st pick in the draft for Eli Manning. Forget about throwing in Schaub. This is absolute craziness.

              I was thinking the same thing just from the other perspective.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
                But Eli may never be the same -- Clowney is just starting -- doesn't that shift the balance?
                The word MAY in your post says it all. Eli MAY never be the same. Clowney MAY never be a dominate DE in the NFL. He has had some questions about his dedication. Maybe they are silly but they are there and he is unproven in the NFL. I don't think you can trade a 2 time SB MVP for a rookie because of the chance that he MAY never be the same.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
                  You may be right -- but I assume you would do the deal if you were the NYG?
                  I would trade Eli for the 1st pick in the draft, but only if I loved one of the QB's available to be my franchise QB for the next 15 years. Not for a DE.
                  #80

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                    At least put a qb's name out there cause without one you're not winning anything.
                    Matt Schaub, Christian Ponder, Kirk Cousins

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing just from the other perspective.
                      You think the Giants would turn down that trade??
                      #80

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        If we trade Eli, QB immediately becomes our greatest need, by a long-shot.

                        So unless Nassib showed some real goods last year that none of us saw, you're not drafting Clowney.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by jwhorner6 View Post
                          The word MAY in your post says it all. Eli MAY never be the same. Clowney MAY never be a dominate DE in the NFL. He has had some questions about his dedication. Maybe they are silly but they are there and he is unproven in the NFL. I don't think you can trade a 2 time SB MVP for a rookie because of the chance that he MAY never be the same.
                          True -- yes, Eli may come back, but I'm ready to take the risk of the upside for the long term future

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                            You don't trade the first overall pick for a player that has 5 years left at the most.

                            I think it depends on the player. Given how poor the relative success rate of first round picks (including #1 picks) is particularly with defensive linemen, in my opinion the value of the potential is lower and riskier than the value of the known commodity.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                              If we trade Eli, QB immediately becomes our greatest need, by a long-shot.

                              So unless Nassib showed some real goods last year that none of us saw, you're not drafting Clowney.
                              No -- just look at Seattle and SF -- both winning with non 1st round QBs

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                                You think the Giants would turn down that trade??
                                Of course they would.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X