No announcement yet.

Out of the Box -- Eli for Clowney

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fans scoff at this idea but its not that far off from being a real discussion.
    The problem is we don't have a legitimate replacement for Eli.
    All the experts are saying Clowney is a cant miss prospect, one of the best players to come out in the last 20 years.
    Some question his work ethic, but he's worth the risk if you ask me.
    Look 5 years down the road, his rookie contract will be up and Eli will be 38. If he turns out to be the next "great" defensive end this trade idea will be looked back on and it wouldn't sound crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post
      Of course they would.
      I think you're wrong

Comment

[QUOTE=primetime;1057541]Fans scoff at this idea but its not that far off from being a real discussion.
        The problem is we don't have a legitimate replacement for Eli.
        All the experts are saying Clowney is a cant miss prospect, one of the best players to come out in the last 20 years.
        Some question his work ethic, but he's worth the risk if you ask me.
        Look 5 years down the road, his rookie contract will be

EXACTLY

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
          I think you're wrong

That's quite all right; I feel the same about your opinion.

Comment

The best NYG teams have been ones with GREAT DEFENSES -- and Mara knows that. I think they should seriously think about getting Clowney.

Comment

Not a problem

Comment

That's quite all right; I feel the same about your opinion.
                Not a problem

Comment

Not a problem
                  Cool, same for me.

Comment

I think it depends on the player. Given how poor the relative success rate of first round picks (including #1 picks) is particularly with defensive linemen, in my opinion the value of the potential is lower and riskier than the value of the known commodity.
                    I was just looking at it as Houston giving up the #1 pick, I don't care who they planned on using for it, or who the Giants would use it on, in this hypothetical situation.

Comment

Of course they would.
                      The would do it in a heart beat, especially if they loved one of the QB's in the draft. Just look at the Colts. It's about setting the organization up for the long term future. Even if it means letting go of the current face of your franchise.

Comment

No -- just look at Seattle and SF -- both winning with non 1st round QBs
                        Very good points.
                        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Yeah no.
                          Mood: WOOF!

Comment

what does...Shaub is good enough to win in the NFL mean??

win what?....

Not a good idea at all IMO....
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

You guys are looking at this the wrong way.
                              the reality is that there is no way the Texans would trade for a guy that had a worse year than the guy they benched, for a once in 5 years D lineman.
                              If they want a QB, there are several outstanding prospects to choose from with the #1 pick.
                              Why on earth would they trade for a guy who has a few years left and is coming off an all time terrible season.
                              Can you imagine the fans uproar in Houston????
                              Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

We still believe in Eli, so we would never do it.

Houston would never trade the first pick in the draft that could be a Pro Bowler for the next 10 years for a QB in his 10th year that just had his worst season ever.
                                Schaub for Eli is just trading one pick happy guy for another.
                                Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                                X