Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TE-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Mick Jagger View Post
    Plan -- wait until we're on the clock at 12, trade down to about 20 plus a second round pick, select Amaro.

    What do you think?
    Trade down theories require a trade partner. So I don't entertain them because its not something just our team can control.


    I am not against them, I just think its too far out there to bother with.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
      Please draft Ebron
      Not at 12. Like Blue said an i kind of said cause I did kind of marginalize his inability to block…. he can't block that well and needs polishing in that department, and as a receiving threat stacked to Amaro, he is not as versatile as Jace. I like the kid but not at 12

      Retweeted by Rueben Randle
      @Katdaddyjay 17h
      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
        Not at 12. Like Blue said an i kind of said cause I did kind of marginalize his inability to block…. he can't block that well and needs polishing in that department, and as a receiving threat stacked to Amaro, he is not as versatile as Jace. I like the kid but not at 12

        I wouldn't mind him at 12. He isnt a blocker but I have no idea what our new OC would do with him. He is similar to finley in skillset tho and this OC would likely know how to use that skillset.

        I think a good late round TE prospect would be Marcel Jensen.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          I wouldn't mind him at 12. He isnt a blocker but I have no idea what our new OC would do with him. He is similar to finley in skillset tho and this OC would likely know how to use that skillset.

          I think a good late round TE prospect would be Marcel Jensen.
          I agee with Jensen, another late roud prospect I think would look good a well and surprise many is Najvar.

          The only reason why I don't' want Ebron at twelve is because of the QB run I am predicting and the talent that might be available there at 12. I know trading down is kind of a 50/50 option, but if we could a couple spots down then i would be okay with it. Still like Amaro's ceiling over Ebrons.

          Just woke up, damn this hawaii time its like 10am right now, now watching the combine. lol

          Retweeted by Rueben Randle
          @Katdaddyjay 17h
          @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
          http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            I wouldn't mind him at 12. He isnt a blocker but I have no idea what our new OC would do with him. He is similar to finley in skillset tho and this OC would likely know how to use that skillset.

            I think a good late round TE prospect would be Marcel Jensen.
            Ebron is underrated as a blocker, but honestly I'm not looking for a blocking TE. We need someone who can put pressure on opposing LBs/Safeties and stretch the field vertically. This would take tons of pressure off Cruz and allow him to run underneath routes. Depending on who Defenses decide to double Randle/Nicks would then have mismatches on the outside and could work the sidelines.

            I think he'd start immediately and would help the entire offense tremendously.
            NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

            Rd 1
            Garrett Bolles - OT
            David Njoku - TE
            Zach Cunningham - OLB

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Piddy283 View Post
              Ebron is underrated as a blocker, but honestly I'm not looking for a blocking TE. We need someone who can put pressure on opposing LBs/Safeties and stretch the field vertically. This would take tons of pressure off Cruz and allow him to run underneath routes. Depending on who Defenses decide to double Randle/Nicks would then have mismatches on the outside and could work the sidelines.

              I think he'd start immediately and would help the entire offense tremendously.
              Well, he lined up either in the slot or outside almost 80% of his snaps. So it is very fair to say he isnt a good blocking TE. They almost never asked him to end line block. He did show that he is slightly bigger and stronger than many thought, so that is encouraging as far as his ability to develop into a blocker, but he isnt a good 1 now.

              He really is special as a receiver tho.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                Not at 12. Like Blue said an i kind of said cause I did kind of marginalize his inability to block…. he can't block that well and needs polishing in that department, and as a receiving threat stacked to Amaro, he is not as versatile as Jace. I like the kid but not at 12
                Amaro won't succeed at the NFL level, mark my words.

                For me, it's Ebron, ASJ & (though I wouldn't spend a high pick on him) Lyerla.

                Lyerla's obviously like, totally insane & has issues on top of issues. But he's got the highest upside of any TE in this class, and is probably a Top 8-10 talent, just based on his play. As a mid-5th, I'd think he's well worth the risk.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by wideright91 View Post
                  Amaro won't succeed at the NFL level, mark my words.

                  For me, it's Ebron, ASJ & (though I wouldn't spend a high pick on him) Lyerla.

                  Lyerla's obviously like, totally insane & has issues on top of issues. But he's got the highest upside of any TE in this class, and is probably a Top 8-10 talent, just based on his play. As a mid-5th, I'd think he's well worth the risk.

                  whats your take on why amaro wouldn't succeed.
                  i will remember your words though

                  Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                  @Katdaddyjay 17h
                  @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                  http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                    whats your take on why amaro wouldn't succeed.
                    i will remember your words though
                    Hah, that means the world to me!

                    Y'know, I watched a bit more tape on Amaro, and leading a post off with "he will fail" is probably heavy-handed of me. Amaro's hands & route running are both outstanding; he's also tough after the catch. His blocking, though, is what gives me doubts. He looks tentative and stiff, doesn't really block with toughness, technique or balance. I also question how well he'll be running routes off the line, and whether or not he'll be a liability in the running game.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Rather than make a new thread about the same battered stuff we have been hammering out here for some time figured I would posses this thought here.

                      Ebron Vs. Amaro as a prospect, first I want to give you the combine/pro day numbers for each.

                      Eric Ebron
                      Ht: 6’4
                      Wt: 250
                      Hands: 10
                      40: 4.60
                      Benchreps: 24
                      Vert: 32
                      Cone: n/a
                      20yd shuttle: n/a
                      60yd shuttle: n/a
                      Broad: 10 ft

                      Jace Amaro
                      Ht: 6’5
                      Wt: 266
                      Hands: 9
                      40: 4.68
                      Benchreps: 28
                      Vert: 33.5
                      Cone: 7.42sec
                      20yd shuttle: 4.30sec
                      60yd shuttle: 12.26.sec
                      broad: 9.8 feet

                      You will have to do the tape research for yourself.
                      To me as I watched these guys again, I still feel as a perimeter threat, route runner, red zone target and just on consistency with his catching ability Amaro is a better prospect than Ebron, not by leaps and bounds but a moderate margin. Ebron has more experience inline blocking than Amaro does, with a better catch radius, due to his acrobatic catches; Amaro does a good job of blocking on the outside getting hands on DB/S and some linebackers.
                      Ebron has that wow factor, making that spectacular catch every game and he has more afterburner speed than amaro, once again not by leaps and bounds, but a moderate margin.

                      Honestly I don’t see Amaro leaving the later part of the first round anymore, and that’s where the problem comes into play.

                      Scenario: Ebron goes before 15/ Amaro goes before 30. With this You can see the next best Prospect TE gone early 2nd round, definitely before we pick (ATL) how will that affect our 1ST/2nd round. If that scenario plays out then foresight for the position and feel of the other teams needs to be accurate and we might have to take Ebron at 12 to prevent from missing out of prospects that are not that far off from Ebron or if we do pass on a TE and draft a different position, the other prospects (Niklas/Fiedorowicz) to me are not 2nd round, especially not at the 43rd pick.

                      This puts us in a weird predicament; we might have to wait till 3rd round to get a TE, outside of those guys the talents drops either for on field talent or maturity (Lyeria).

                      I am not fond of Ebron at 12, but the potential to not get a game changing TE in the first 3 rounds is rather concerning.

                      Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                      @Katdaddyjay 17h
                      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        see this is what i dont understand, people are saying the knock on Ebron is he cant block, but then saying Amaro will be the best TE in the draft..Amaro lined up in the slot like 95% of his snaps. he was a WR labelled as a TE. sure he may look decent blocking on tape, but thats becasue hes blocking CBs, safties and the occasional LB.

                        if you want a TE in the first Ebron is the only one id take. he has a few drops but hes still a playmaker. Ebron atleast has shown the ability to block and tries to. Amaro has never been inline and was always out wide. i think if we go Amaro at all then look for him to lineup in the slot a lot and to have Davis inline blocking still

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Thanks Rainierjef, nice analysis. I don't know which way they pick but I would love to have a Bavaroesque TE.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                            see this is what i dont understand, people are saying the knock on Ebron is he cant block, but then saying Amaro will be the best TE in the draft..Amaro lined up in the slot like 95% of his snaps. he was a WR labelled as a TE. sure he may look decent blocking on tape, but thats becasue hes blocking CBs, safties and the occasional LB.

                            if you want a TE in the first Ebron is the only one id take. he has a few drops but hes still a playmaker. Ebron atleast has shown the ability to block and tries to. Amaro has never been inline and was always out wide. i think if we go Amaro at all then look for him to lineup in the slot a lot and to have Davis inline blocking still
                            Ebron with his snaps as an Inline blocker shows inadequate, technique and strength to do so. Amaro is untested as an inline blocker as he does not have as much snaps doing so. Amaro is the stronger of the two, at this stage with the limited resources for research we have it only fair to assume that based of what we see on tape and the bench (Slip is going to disagree).

                            Ebron is also a WR labeled as a TE, he does not have that many snaps paving the way for the run or pass protection as you would think.
                            We are talking about pure upside, who has the heights ceiling, based on the extent of Ebron's skill at blocking she shows three alarming things poor technique, Laziness, lack of power, but he does show the willingness to block. Based on what we see of Amaro he shows good technique and power, but! he does that with CB/S and the occasionally LB.

                            so essentially its below average production vs. untested production.

                            Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                            @Katdaddyjay 17h
                            @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                            http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Captain Chaos View Post
                              Thanks Rainierjef, nice analysis. I don't know which way they pick but I would love to have a Bavaroesque TE.
                              none in this draft

                              Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                              @Katdaddyjay 17h
                              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Also here is the thing with TE's and this team going forward.
                                We value the Blocking TE because of 2 things
                                1. that was the system Gilbride ran
                                2. as of late the O-line needed the extra blocking help and the TE was there to augment any discrepancies

                                As we progress, we have no Idea how the TE will be used, it could very well be as a primary blocker or as a receiver threat. As far as receiving threat goes based on tape amaro is more consistent and Ebron is more flashy. both are great options to have as they bring different dynamics, but here is the dilemma. We are drafting at 12, 2 outside of 10, they're definitely other prospects at that spot that have higher grades.

                                Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X