TE-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
    If Niklas waited a year to come out.. He'd be a 1st rounder as well..

I'd prefer Niklas over Amaro, due to his blocking... 6'7 270... Total beast
    I hear ya, Im just done with the stupid block all the time mentality. Im dying to see what the new coaches bring and hoping for a play maker.
    2017 Draft Wishlist:
    1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
    2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
    3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
    4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
    5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
    6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
    7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

sigpic
    "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
    - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

NY Giants football... the finesse TE worked really good last year.. huh?
      Im just asking a question 1, also amaro is not a finesse TE at all 2, we don't know what offense this new one Mcadoo is going to run, so you might be right old school giants football maybe what it is or a new west coast attack maybe it as well, Amaro fits a west coast attack.

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
      @Katdaddyjay 17h
      @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
      http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
        Im just asking a question 1, also amaro is not a finesse TE at all 2, we don't know what offense this new one Mcadoo is going to run, so you might be right old school giants football maybe what it is or a new west coast attack maybe it as well, Amaro fits a west coast attack.
        I could be wrong, but I just think of Amaro as a big WR.. Lines up in the slot a alot, not really a in-line blocker.. but I'm sure he has some blocking skills

Comment

I could be wrong, but I just think of Amaro as a big WR.. Lines up in the slot a alot, not really a in-line blocker.. but I'm sure he has some blocking skills
          fair enough

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

Amaro has fallen a bit this offseason. He small hand size, followed up by his dropping everything thrown at him, followed by his incorrect routes really hurt him at the combine.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              Amaro has fallen a bit this offseason. He small hand size, followed up by his dropping everything thrown at him, followed by his incorrect routes really hurt him at the combine.
              He had a few drops at the combine, but that could just be nerves and the fact he had an unfamiliar QB.. who cares about that stuff and the combine that much anyway? He did finish in the top 5 in bench and 40 time at least. More importantly, the guy lead the Big 12 in both receptions and yards. Two things he is known for is great hands and route running so I have no clue why the combine would hurt him that much if he didnt do as well in those categories, look at his games.
              Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-08-2014, 07:28 PM.
              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
              "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Nothing in Amaro's tape shows he is a 'drop' the catch player, I wouldn't putt hat much stake in the poor combine performance, He improved some numbers at his pro day and looked good in passing drills and route running at the same day from what reports stated. You are correct It did hurt him, hopefully enough for him to slip to the second round where we pick

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                  , also amaro is not a finesse TE at all
                  He def fits the bill of a finesse TE in my book. He's got great hands and is more of a receiving TE than blocker = finesse
                  2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                  - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                    He def fits the bill of a finesse TE in my book. He's got great hands and is more of a receiving TE than blocker = finesse
                    He showed he can block DB/LB's in space, he is just untested inline. he is strong put up some good reps on the bench, he plays too physical to just label him finesse. I personally don't like putting players in a box when they are either untested or show the ability to be multifaceted. If tested and fail or just unable then that player is either or to me.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                      He had a few drops at the combine, but that could just be nerves and the fact he had an unfamiliar QB.. who cares about that stuff and the combine that much anyway? He did finish in the top 5 in bench and 40 time at least. More importantly, the guy lead the Big 12 in both receptions and yards. Two things he is known for is great hands and route running so I have no clue why the combine would hurt him that much if he didnt do as well in those categories, look at his games.
                      I am not saying he is suddenly junk, just that he was hurt a bit. He was pretty much the consensus number 2 TE going into the combine and now rests somewhere between 2 and 4. Most do not consider this a stong TE class either.

His 40 time hurt him to be honest. He was expected to run much faster. 4.74 is decent for an inline guy ,but he isn't an inline guy. He is a space/finesse player.

Furthermore, he has a somewhat checkered past with a credit card fraud arrest as well as an ejection from a bowl game for punching another player.

I just think of past years where guys like Dwayne Allen is taken in the 3rd, or Coby Fleener in the 2nd and people think Amaro in the 2nd is ok? That makes no sense to me. Amaro is a far riskier pick than Allen was. Personaly, I think he is a 3rd rounder. But that is just my opinion.
                      sigpic

Comment

I just look at having Myers (more Amaro) and Bennett (more of a Niklas).. Gimme Bennett

Comment

I am not saying he is suddenly junk, just that he was hurt a bit. He was pretty much the consensus number 2 TE going into the combine and now rests somewhere between 2 and 4. Most do not consider this a stong TE class either.

His 40 time hurt him to be honest. He was expected to run much faster. 4.74 is decent for an inline guy ,but he isn't an inline guy. He is a space/finesse player.

Furthermore, he has a somewhat checkered past with a credit card fraud arrest as well as an ejection from a bowl game for punching another player.

I just think of past years where guys like Dwayne Allen is taken in the 3rd, or Coby Fleener in the 2nd and people think Amaro in the 2nd is ok? That makes no sense to me. Amaro is a far riskier pick than Allen was. Personaly, I think he is a 3rd rounder. But that is just my opinion.
                          no offense, but 3rd round Blue… I think thats a tad bit ridiculous
                          I think before you test him inline you can't just box him as a finesse player, Ebron by most analyst is labeled a finesse TE, he has been tested inline and is below avg going into the pros, but excels in space, but thats just my train of thought. Im sorry i juts hate the finesse label it makes a player sound weak, one dimensional to me, I hated that label in highschool and have ever since.

the red flags are there though and they are questionable, I won't make excuses for that, ASJ has a checkered pass as well. If he does fall to the 3rd round then hell yeah thats great value for any team.

he improved his 40 to 4.68 at his pro day and his vert to 33.5
                          Last edited by rainierjef; 04-08-2014, 08:28 PM.

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

I just look at having Myers (more Amaro) and Bennett (more of a Niklas).. Gimme Bennett
                            Myers… wow

@Katdaddyjay 17h

Comment

I think Amaro has way more upside than Dwayne Allen did coming into the draft. I thought Fleener would have a better year but think the OC underutilized him. They are still young though so who knows. Amaro was considered a first rounder for a while, but i like him in the 2nd, where he prob should be.
                              2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                              - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

That's ridiculous and not even fair to say. Myers was a terrible blocker and Amaro was barely asked to block. Niklas might block well, but his hands aren't half as good as Bennett's. This is the worst comparison I've seen for a while. Bennett was an all around TE, with Niklas you're getting an excellent blocker, an ok receiver, and a not so hot route runner. Plus I think if anyone is more if a risk it's Niklas who only started for one year and hadn't been tested all that long. I do like Niklas and his upside and would welcome him as a giant, but your comparison is way off.
                                2017 Draft Wishlist:

sigpic
                                - Homer J. Simpson

Comment

Working...
                                X