Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TE-2014

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    He'd be a steal in 2nd for us, end of story no matter what issues/concerns people bring up. You are the only person I've heard say he is a 3rd round talent.
    yea lets ignore off the field issues, injury concerns and possible scheme fit just because you said "end of story."


    I gave reasons for my opinions. Its not like I am calling him a bad player, I have said there is upside too. I just think his downside is enough for him to drop a bit.

    and fyi, he already has dropped a bit because of my exact reasons. He was a consensus 2nd TE going into the combine. Right now some have him as low as the 4th TE.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      I'm not comparing the players.. I'm saying an all around TE worked out a lot better for us, than a recieving type
      the thing that is different tho is that we may not be running the same offense. in fact, we mostly wont at all IMO. it seems the Giants are trying to completely change the offensive philosophy here with the in with the new and young (McAdoo, Gilbride Jr at TE coach) and out with the old (Gilbride and Pope). we ran that offense for 7 years and it was good to us. but Mara even said the offense was broken last year and we need a change, and change he got bringing in new people to coach the offense. and TC even said the new offense should energize Eli, making clear that it will be atleast a good bit different.

      i think the new young minds are going to switch this offense to the new style of offense we see in the NFL with the TE split out wide and being more a receiving threat that a blocker like were used to. i could be completely off here, but this is what the changes in the offensive coaching staff is telling me

      also it seems that moving KGjr to TEs coach from a WRs coach makes it seem as though maybe TE will be more of a receiving option? maybe thats me just reading too much into things but its interesting to note. this doesnt mean the new TE wont be inline blocking at all, but i see it more of a Patriots style of offense where the TE is on the line mostly, but can line up in the slot or outside based on the play call or package. kind of like how the Patriots use Gronk or the Packers used Finely
      Last edited by gibril28wilson; 04-09-2014, 12:54 PM.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
        Plus I think if anyone is more if a risk it's Niklas who only started for one year and hadn't been tested all that long.
        plus Niklas was on a run first run second run often offense. not too tested at all. 37 catches 573 yards and 5 tds in his CAREER at ND. kids a big target but im not too high on him.

        also, you can take this however you want, but my friend is a huge ND fan, watches every game all year, and said he wouldnt even consider Niklas in the 2nd and wouldnt take him until the 4th.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
          As a pass catching option, imho I think he compares favorably to Shockey. Plus also the college offense have evolved a lot, actually leaps and bounds in 2001-2002 to the present. Yes Amaro may be scheme specific, but like Shockey improved his blocking tremendously under Pope, Amaro can be an inline blocker in this league he has the size, strength to do so, he is just untested at the position, but he shows the willingness to do so with his blocking in space, he does not shy away from it.

          more like tangerines and oranges to me.
          thing is though, we dont have Pope here anymore to teach him blocking. we have KGjr now as TEs coach who has nothing in his history to suggest he could turn someone who has hardly ever blocked inline to a NFL caliber inline blocking TE.

          i think Amaro is more of a marques Colston type, and as Blue pointed out a Kelvin Benjamin type. hes a tweener of TE and WR who only really has experience as a WR, but was givin the TE label. my opinion is if you draft Amaro you dont plan on him being inline at all and he will be more of a receiver in the NFL than a TE

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
            yea lets ignore off the field issues, injury concerns and possible scheme fit just because you said "end of story."


            I gave reasons for my opinions. Its not like I am calling him a bad player, I have said there is upside too. I just think his downside is enough for him to drop a bit.

            and fyi, he already has dropped a bit because of my exact reasons. He was a consensus 2nd TE going into the combine. Right now some have him as low as the 4th TE.
            Don't listen to me, just take every expert and analysts word for it. It's you against the world if you think he's 3rd round talent but you're allowed to voice your opinion. He will go in 1st or 2nd no doubt. I said end of story only because you brought up very minor off field issues and his combine. Most players have a little dirt or a small injury report. Amaro improved his combine effort at his pro day. All this stock rising and falling is BS anyway. Happens every year and in reality a lot if these guys get picked no where near their rankings. Watch JR surprise us with Ealy or Su'a Filo or something.
            2017 Draft Wishlist:
            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

            sigpic
            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
            - Homer J. Simpson

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
              yea lets ignore off the field issues, injury concerns and possible scheme fit just because you said "end of story."


              I gave reasons for my opinions. Its not like I am calling him a bad player, I have said there is upside too. I just think his downside is enough for him to drop a bit.

              and fyi, he already has dropped a bit because of my exact reasons. He was a consensus 2nd TE going into the combine. Right now some have him as low as the 4th TE.
              Mayock has him at 3 behind ASJ.

              Not making excuses for the kid, he made some boneheaded decisions and you are right it will drop him a bit, but he made up for the drop at his combine with his pro days and if he Ace interviews he can shine a positive light on his gray past.

              As far as scheme fit goes, it is still pending what McAdoo wants in his TE's and how they will be used. amaro, Ebron or ASJ might all be perfect scheme fits for the offense.

              you never answered my question, how would you fix the TE situation in the draft seeing as you are not high on either Ebron at 12 or Amaro in the 2nd round?

              Retweeted by Rueben Randle
              @Katdaddyjay 17h
              @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
              http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                thing is though, we dont have Pope here anymore to teach him blocking. we have KGjr now as TEs coach who has nothing in his history to suggest he could turn someone who has hardly ever blocked inline to a NFL caliber inline blocking TE.
                Yeah… true and thats a problem for any TE we bring in. Doesn't Mcadoo have experience with coaching TE's ?

                Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                @Katdaddyjay 17h
                @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post
                  i think Amaro is more of a marques Colston type, and as Blue pointed out a Kelvin Benjamin type. hes a tweener of TE and WR who only really has experience as a WR, but was givin the TE label. my opinion is if you draft Amaro you dont plan on him being inline at all and he will be more of a receiver in the NFL than a TE
                  Thing is I don't see a problem with that, thats a weapon on the offense and a good one at that, he is going to abuse DB's and out run LB's, that to me was a weak argument to not want the guy at 12.
                  Once again like you said in the other post above until we know for sure what McAdoo wants to do with his TE's its all speculation we do know this as far as route running, creating separation, hands consistency Amaro>Ebron/ASJ
                  Sepctacular catch, more proven Inline blocking, afterburner Ebron>Amaro
                  Blocking ASJ>Ebron/Amaro

                  really no bad option between the three just different breeds of player
                  Last edited by rainierjef; 04-09-2014, 03:18 PM.

                  Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                  @Katdaddyjay 17h
                  @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                  http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                    Yeah… true and thats a problem for any TE we bring in. Doesn't Mcadoo have experience with coaching TE's ?
                    yes he does, which is definitely a help and which makes me think the TE will be an intergral part of our new offense. but i just wouldnt count on the offensive coordinator planning on having to teach a TE full on blocking you know, thats what the position coaches are more for.

                    i honestly dont know who the giants take at TE, im personally torn between Ebron and ASJ. i dont really want a TE at 12, but at the same time i dont see Amaro or ASJ making it to us in the 2nd round. and i would not be comfortable going into the season with like Niklas or Friedowicz as our starting TEs (or any of the TEs currently on the roster for that matter). So taking Ebron at 12, if hes there, might be the smartest and safest move to guarantee we get a starting caliber TE in the draft

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rainierjef View Post
                      Thing is I don't see a problem with that, thats a weapon on the offense and a good one at that, he is going to abuse DB's and out run LB's, that to me was a weak argument to not want the guy at 12.
                      Once again like you said in the other post above until we know for sure what McAdoo wants to do with his TE's its all speculation we do know this as far as route running, creating separation, hands consistency Amaro>Ebron/ASJ
                      Sepctacular catch, more proven Inline blocking, afterburner Ebron>Amaro/ASJ
                      Blocking ASJ>Ebron/Amaro

                      really no bad option between the three just different breeds of player
                      yeah i see what you're saying and i agree. but like i said the post above, i dont see Amaro or ASJ falling to round 2 for us and it would be a reach in round 1. and im not one to believe in trading down targetting specific players

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by gibril28wilson View Post

                        i honestly dont know who the giants take at TE, im personally torn between Ebron and ASJ. i dont really want a TE at 12, but at the same time i dont see Amaro or ASJ making it to us in the 2nd round. and i would not be comfortable going into the season with like Niklas or Friedowicz as our starting TEs (or any of the TEs currently on the roster for that matter). So taking Ebron at 12, if hes there, might be the smartest and safest move to guarantee we get a starting caliber TE in the draft
                        Great way to sum it up. this is exactly the answer I was looking for when i posted the conundrum earlier. Is it wise to take ebron at 12 knowing he has a above 60% being there rather than risk passing on him and having a below 40% chance of ASJ/Amaro falling to our #2 round spot, cause if we do then we are reaching for 3rd and 4th rounders at the position

                        Retweeted by Rueben Randle
                        @Katdaddyjay 17h
                        @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
                        http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
                          Don't listen to me, just take every expert and analysts word for it..
                          No, that's my point . I do not do that. I form my own opinions. However, I am not alone. I posted some links above of "experts" who mention how he has fallen a bit.

                          I do see good stuff on his tape and nobody puts up the numbers he did without having some skill.


                          I just look for certain things in TEs that I cannot find on his tape.

                          Aside from the blocking, 1 of the other big things that bothers me is the complete lack of contested catches on his tape. He is open a LOT and that works both for him and against him. It works for him cause it shows he knows how to find holes in defenses. It works against him because he played a lot of bad defenses this year and in the NFL even the bad defenses contest catches. That's where a TE's bread is buttered. I want to know he can do it if I am drafting a guy late 1st early 2nd, which is where you have him.

                          But, w/e I have stated my opinion. I think he is a good player, but I have more question marks around him than most.

                          *edit* I should ay that I like him more for our new offensive system than our old. I would be strongly against him for us if we were still running the Gilbride system
                          Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-09-2014, 04:32 PM.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
                            No, that's my point . I do not do that. I form my own opinions. However, I am not alone. I posted some links above of "experts" who mention how he has fallen a bit.
                            I also form my own opinions, but I'm also a realist. Every mock and expert I've seen or read up on has him in the 1-2 round range, and I also feel that based on his tape and in comparison to other TEs that's where he belongs. You are the first and only person I've heard say he is 3rd round material, and that's fine. I've read a few things that said his stock may have dropped after the combine, but we hear that stuff every year. Even if it did fall a bit, we will be lucky if he's there at the end of the 2nd and I am saying there is no way he's still around for the 3rd. That is my opinion, it just so happens to be in line with most of the experts. There are a handful of receivers I'd rather have than most of the guys predicted to go in the 1st, so that goes against the norm. It's all good
                            2017 Draft Wishlist:
                            1. Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
                            2. Raekwon McMillan ILB Ohio State
                            3. Roderick Johnson OT Florida State
                            4. Jordan Leggett TE Clemson
                            5. Ryan Glasgow DT Michegan
                            6. Chad Kelly QB Ole Miss
                            7. Billy Brown WR Shepherd

                            sigpic
                            "Behold, the tailgate party. The pinnacle of human achievement. Since the dawn of parking lots, man has sought to fill his gut with food and alcohol in anticipation of watching others exercise."
                            - Homer J. Simpson

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X