Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants' NFL Draft: OL Zack Martin Works His Way Into Top 15 Mix?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatNiCcA56 View Post
    I totally agree with your post. I've watched almost every ND game this year and while he definitely seems like a solid player doesn't jump out at me. Especially with the 12th pick I wouldn't touch him. Greg Robinson I'd like at 12. He can play guard and tackle. Very athletic and at G he can be a mauler there.
    too bad Robinson is a top 5-8 pick

Comment

I dont think Martin is a first round pick. Think hes a 2nd rounder.Just dont see the power from him I think he would need at guard, and I have no confidence in his ability to play OT at the next level on either side

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        I dont think Martin is a first round pick. Think hes a 2nd rounder.Just dont see the power from him I think he would need at guard, and I have no confidence in his ability to play OT at the next level on either side
        So as of right now you don't see him as a day one starter?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          I disagree.. with Pugh as the only lock as a week 1 starter on the roster.. I think being versatile is huge, but he's projected at guard in the NFL..
          So you'd rather have a player who can play moderately at multiple positions, one of which he hasn't played since HS vs. someone who can adeptly play one position? This is a first round pick some people are suggesting. Even with a second round pick, I'd rather draft a guard rather than a player to convert with no real premise that they'd succeed there. I don't think he translates well to the interior.

Comment

Originally posted by EliIsTheBaas View Post
            So as of right now you don't see him as a day one starter?
            I'm sure he could be. But I don't see much upside with him.

Think you can find comparable talent at guard later in the draft

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              Martins actually one of the rare Lineman i'd be ok taking in RD1. His play against Rutgers in the Pinstripe bowl was some of the finest blocking i'd see all bowl season. He did show some power blocking the outside edge and he got in space to the 2nd level many times and was stout run blocking inside the 10.I dont' care for Martin at 10, but i'd be ok if we dropped back in the 20's and snagged him while aquiring other picks. As far as the other Olineman, i'm really hoping we don't go with that at pick 12. If we do go Oline at 12, i hope its Martin..

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                Martins actually one of the rare Lineman i'd be ok taking in RD1. His play against Rutgers in the Pinstripe bowl was some of the finest blocking i'd see all bowl season. He did show some power blocking the outside edge and he got in space to the 2nd level many times and was stout run blocking inside the 10.I dont' care for Martin at 10, but i'd be ok if we dropped back in the 20's and snagged him while aquiring other picks. As far as the other Olineman, i'm really hoping we don't go with that at pick 12. If we do go Oline at 12, i hope its Martin..
                That's a bit of a contradiction sportzfan. Are you saying your okay with Martin if they traded back (which I would agree), or that your fine with going with Martin at 12?
                "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

He has short arms....he cant possibly be good.

Sorry no idea how to red text anymore.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by titwio View Post
                    That's a bit of a contradiction sportzfan. Are you saying your okay with Martin if they traded back (which I would agree), or that your fine with going with Martin at 12?
                    No, what i meant, is i'd be "OK" with him in the 20s, as thats where i see him having solid value, but outta all the lineman, the one i'd be able to stomach most if we had to take one at pick 12, would be Z. Martin.. Basically, if you likie a player for the 20's, you woulden't completely hate em at pick 12, just woulden't be ideal as it would be in the 20's, but i could deal with it.. No contradiction.

Comment

Zack Martins versatililty is another reason i like him most outta top lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                        Zack Martins versatililty is another reason i like him most outta top lineman.
                        You like him over Lewan?

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          You like him over Lewan?
                          Alot more.. Lewan was up and down this past yr. Zack Martin had a impecable season and i must of heard Mayock call him out positvely 20times during the yr, and the bowl game against Rutgers, he was sensational. We could put Pugh or Martin at LT, Boothe at G or C, Beatty at RT, and either Pugh or Martin at the other G spot. EIther bring in another C from FA'y or draft one, or put Boothe at C fulltime and draft a G or start Mosley there.

Comment

Pugh Mosley Boothe Martin Beatty- This would be a interesting line to start the yr.

Comment

I have no problem if Martin is the guy.. Trading back a few spots would be even better.. I don't see him there after 20ish though..

Comment

Pugh Martin baas asomoah(?) beatty

Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                                Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

Comment

Working...
                                X