Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The good news is...this draft is LOADED with talent, in the first round at least.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    My realistic top 5big board right now is like this....

1).CJ Mosley(it was Evans, but now that so many good WR's are out there, i feel that WR class is deeper then LB class, so i'll take Mosley in RD1)
    2).Khalil Mack OLB Buffalo
    3).Mike Evans WR Texas A&M-(still isn't falling far down my list, as i love this guy! Exactly what we need in our WR core)
    4).Jace Amaro TE Texas Tech-(this kids the real deal, and screams Eli fave!)
    5).Aaron Donald DT Pittsburgh-(he's gonna continue to rise up boards, and could end up as my number1 by draft day)
    I like that board. I didn't have Mack in mine because I think he will be gone by the time we pick but I had Dennard, Mosley, Evans, Ebron, Martin in mine. I am on the fringe b/t Ebron and Amaro... I have seen more of Ebron so I might be a tad biased but I will have to check out more of Amaro.

Donald could skyrocket at the combine. I feel like he could throw up some stupid numbers for a DT. I feel like Will Sutton will help himself out there as well. He and Donald have extremely quick first steps. Probably the 2 quickest out of the DT's IMO
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    __________________________________________________ ______
    Mock Draft
    1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
    4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
    Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

I disagree. I think from pick 11-12ish right through the 2nd rd, there isn't clear cut better players. I see Barr, Clowney, Watkins , and Mathews probably as the true top tier players that aren't QB's, and they should all be gone.. Not saying we wont get a stud because this draft is insanely deep, but on paper, the true franchise changing players are probably just outta are reach, unless someone who is supposed to be good ends up being a great.
      You are prolly right, but I don't think the definition of a successful 1st round draft is how many " franchise changing players" there are. The teams who do well are the teams who get reliable NFL starters out of the 1st round with an occasional star.

I see a lot of solid NFL starters in this 1st round this year and quite a few guys with star potential.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
        I like that board. I didn't have Mack in mine because I think he will be gone by the time we pick but I had Dennard, Mosley, Evans, Ebron, Martin in mine. I am on the fringe b/t Ebron and Amaro... I have seen more of Ebron so I might be a tad biased but I will have to check out more of Amaro.

Donald could skyrocket at the combine. I feel like he could throw up some stupid numbers for a DT. I feel like Will Sutton will help himself out there as well. He and Donald have extremely quick first steps. Probably the 2 quickest out of the DT's IMO
        Ya, i think Donalds gonna smash the Bench and put his size issue to rest also.. I pretty much agree with you about Mack being there.. I guess i could see it, even if only a small pct chance, so i threw em in there. If i take Mack out, i'd probably put Dennard/Gilbert as a tie in one of the spots..

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSanta View Post
          You are prolly right, but I don't think the definition of a successful 1st round draft is how many " franchise changing players" there are. The teams who do well are the teams who get reliable NFL starters out of the 1st round with an occasional star.

I see a lot of solid NFL starters in this 1st round this year and quite a few guys with star potential.
          Oh, i totally agree. Were definetly in line for a good player, but i am just saying, on paper , by winning those last couple meaningless games, we kinda fell outta the tippity top of the tier of player available is all. Sure, we could get a really good player, but on paper, so can the packers and Saints for that matter. Its really hard to put any player that is currently available at Pick 12 in mocks against a player perdicted to go in the Late 20's for instance, and say, "hes clearly beter". Again, all this can change, i'm just talking about on paper.

Comment

Ya, i think Donalds gonna smash the Bench and put his size issue to rest also.. I pretty much agree with you about Mack being there.. I guess i could see it, even if only a small pct chance, so i threw em in there. If i take Mack out, i'd probably put Dennard/Gilbert as a tie in one of the spots..
            Yeah Donald is super explosive. I expect him to do well in the Bench. I also think that he could really do well in the broad jump and vertical because of his explosiveness. I think if he runs one of the fastest times for a DT people wouldn't be that surprised because of his "lack of size" but the other categories he could shock some people.... especially the bench press
            sigpic
            Mock Draft
            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Yeah Donald is super explosive. I expect him to do well in the Bench. I also think that he could really do well in the broad jump and vertical because of his explosiveness. I think if he runs one of the fastest times for a DT people wouldn't be that surprised because of his "lack of size" but the other categories he could shock some people.... especially the bench press
              Agreed. The best part of him kicking Cyril Richardsons but in the one on ones is the size of Richradson. Hes a big boy and Donald had em backed into the QB(hypothetically) in a instance!

I think he could be the next defender that climbs to the top half of Rd1 by draft day, following Bruce Irvin and Tyson Alualu's surprise picks..

Comment

Donald has that nasty streak.. Gonna be a very productive pro.. He's one of those guys I can't see being a bust

Comment

Agreed. The best part of him kicking Cyril Richardsons but in the one on ones is the size of Richradson. Hes a big boy and Donald had em backed into the QB(hypothetically) in a instance!

I think he could be the next defender that climbs to the top half of Rd1 by draft day, following Bruce Irvin and Tyson Alualu's surprise picks..
                  Yeah he was like over 50 pounds on Donald and it didn't matter haha! Richardson is like 340 something and Donald is just under 290 I believe... crazy to think about.

On another note I seriously read from a writer say that he would not be surprised if Stanley Jean-Baptiste is a first round pick when it is all said and done. I was shocked to read that. He has been apparently done extremely well at the Senior Bowl so far and if he has a good combine who knows. He was like a 4th round projection 2 weeks ago lol
                  sigpic
                  Mock Draft

Comment

Yeah he was like over 50 pounds on Donald and it didn't matter haha! Richardson is like 340 something and Donald is just under 290 I believe... crazy to think about.

On another note I seriously read from a writer say that he would not be surprised if Stanley Jean-Baptiste is a first round pick when it is all said and done. I was shocked to read that. He has been apparently done extremely well at the Senior Bowl so far and if he has a good combine who knows. He was like a 4th round projection 2 weeks ago lol
                    Its funny you mention Jean-Baptiste, because when the season just began, i was over at CBSSPORTS looking at there prospect rankings, to give me a idea on some guys in late rds to start researching, and I came across Jean-Baptiste and seen his listed 6ft2in 220lbs, and i was like, 6th-7th rd??lol I started diving in more closely and had a feeling he'd be rightfully placed by draft time.. I mean, can you imagine if he runs a sub 4.5 at that size and shows good movement skills at the combine?

Comment

i want jarvis landry in the 2nd or 3rd, no idea if thats a possible scenario or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                        Donald has that nasty streak.. Gonna be a very productive pro.. He's one of those guys I can't see being a bust
                        I think he's my top choice

Comment

Its funny you mention Jean-Baptiste, because when the season just began, i was over at CBSSPORTS looking at there prospect rankings, to give me a idea on some guys in late rds to start researching, and I came across Jean-Baptiste and seen his listed 6ft2in 220lbs, and i was like, 6th-7th rd??lol I started diving in more closely and had a feeling he'd be rightfully placed by draft time.. I mean, can you imagine if he runs a sub 4.5 at that size and shows good movement skills at the combine?
                          He is going to be a freak I think. He has not been playing CB for that long at all. He is still kind of learning the position. He is a former WR.. If he runs a sub 4.5 once he learns the position fully he could be a monster in the league!
                          sigpic
                          Mock Draft

Comment

Originally posted by amukamerica View Post
                            i want jarvis landry in the 2nd or 3rd, no idea if thats a possible scenario or not.
                            The WR class this year is very deep I think. He is currently ranked 9th on CBS sports. They have him at a 2nd round grade and Paul Richardson who is ranked 11th is a 2nd-3rd round grade. So I mean if some people put up some crazy numbers at the combine and causes them to rise higher than Landry I think it is very possible that he could be a 2nd-3rd round grade. I think he would be a STEAL in the third. He is a beast
                            sigpic
                            Mock Draft

Comment

Look at this WR list. Its heavy. This is why i had a couple LBs jump Mike Evans in my personal rankings.

Mike Evans
                              Sammy Watkins
                              Kelvin Benjamin
                              Josh Huff
                              Jared Abbrederis
                              Marqise Lee
                              Ryan Grant
                              Jeff Janis
                              Josh Landry
                              Odell Beckham
                              Donte Moncrief
                              Cody Hoffman
                              Jeremey Gallon
                              Kasen Williams
                              Paul Richardson
                              Jordan Matthews
                              Allen Robinson
                              Brandin Cooks
                              Martavis Bryant
                              Brandon Coleman
                              Jalen Saunders
                              Devin Street
                              Mike Davis
                              Davante Adams
                              Bruce Ellington
                              Cody Latimer
                              L'Damian Washington
                              Eric Ward
                              Chris Boyd
                              Tevin Reese
                              Kevin Norwood

Thats a deep list of WR's..
                              Last edited by nycsportzfan; 01-24-2014, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X