Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 Wishlist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
    Donald was great during Senior Bowl week but was pretty much neutralized during the game.

    I think he got a big lift going against C-Richardson during practice (Richardson also got lit up in the game by the South defense).

    During the game Donald was mostly going against G-Jackson (G-Miss State) and I thought Jackson got the best of him --- though Donald got the best of him with bull rushes very late in the game on consecutive plays.

    His so-so performance in the Senior Bowl made me re-think his value. He was late 1st &/or 2nd round projection coming into SB week.
    He went up against alot more then Cyril Richardson during the wk. The thing that was impressive was people questioned his strength becasue of his size, and it was just another notch on his belt that he beat down a possible future 1st rd pick , road grading guard that weighs about 340lb.s

    Aaron Donald didn't just have a good wk at the Sr Bowl, words i've read from people who were actually there covering the event said things like "phenomenal wk" and "Most impressive player at sr bowl", and he was on every single person who did a list of Stock up after the Sr Bowl wk was completed, and that was after the game. Heres Walts partner CHarlie Campbells take, and he was reporting live every day from there..
    This guy dosent have much to prove, hes all ready dominated like a mad man at a big divison 1 school. The only question is about his size, which jmany were starting to stop question even before the wk began anyhow, and the Sr Bowl wk just furthered those worries.. The guy wins the leverege battle just about every time and has a natural explosion and is extremely instinctive and bull strong. Basically, hes a freak...




    Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald was the most impressive player at the 2014 Senior Bowl. He dominanted practices thoroughout the week by causing havoc behind the line of scrimmage. Donald was phenomenal in the pass-rushing one-on-ones as he constantly beat blockers to get to the quarterback.

    Donald has a track record of three year's of production. He was one of the nation's leaders with 11 sacks in 2013 and led the country in tackles for a loss with 28.5. The senior also had 59 tackles with 26.5, two passes batted and four forced fumbles. Donald totaled 64 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, one forced fumble and two passes broken up in 2012. He had a breakout sophomore season with 47 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks in 2011.

    Even though the 6-foot, 288-pounder is on the small side, Donald is very strong for his size and is able to bull rush heavy interior blockers. He absolutely destroyed massive Baylor guard Cyril Richardson on some bull rushes. Donald has natural pad level that he uses to get leverage. He has played himself into first-round consideration.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
      yea Hageman is a big as the come.. How much did Canty weigh?
      I think Canty was similar size(ht and wt), but not nearly as athletic or explosive as Hageman.

      Comment


      • #48
        I am gonna hold off until I see what the FA plan is. We currently have too many holes to say what I would want. We have money to spend, so hopefully we fill most of our needs in FA.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Plaxicofan7 View Post
          I am gonna hold off until I see what the FA plan is. We currently have too many holes to say what I would want. We have money to spend, so hopefully we fill most of our needs in FA.
          Yep. Very true. All this talk of prospects could change once FA'cy gets under way.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
            He went up against alot more then Cyril Richardson during the wk. The thing that was impressive was people questioned his strength becasue of his size, and it was just another notch on his belt that he beat down a possible future 1st rd pick , road grading guard that weighs about 340lb.s

            Aaron Donald didn't just have a good wk at the Sr Bowl, words i've read from people who were actually there covering the event said things like "phenomenal wk" and "Most impressive player at sr bowl", and he was on every single person who did a list of Stock up after the Sr Bowl wk was completed, and that was after the game. Heres Walts partner CHarlie Campbells take, and he was reporting live every day from there..
            This guy dosent have much to prove, hes all ready dominated like a mad man at a big divison 1 school. The only question is about his size, which jmany were starting to stop question even before the wk began anyhow, and the Sr Bowl wk just furthered those worries.. The guy wins the leverege battle just about every time and has a natural explosion and is extremely instinctive and bull strong. Basically, hes a freak...




            Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh
            Pittsburgh defensive tackle Aaron Donald was the most impressive player at the 2014 Senior Bowl. He dominanted practices thoroughout the week by causing havoc behind the line of scrimmage. Donald was phenomenal in the pass-rushing one-on-ones as he constantly beat blockers to get to the quarterback.

            Donald has a track record of three year's of production. He was one of the nation's leaders with 11 sacks in 2013 and led the country in tackles for a loss with 28.5. The senior also had 59 tackles with 26.5, two passes batted and four forced fumbles. Donald totaled 64 tackles, 18.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, one forced fumble and two passes broken up in 2012. He had a breakout sophomore season with 47 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss and 11 sacks in 2011.

            Even though the 6-foot, 288-pounder is on the small side, Donald is very strong for his size and is able to bull rush heavy interior blockers. He absolutely destroyed massive Baylor guard Cyril Richardson on some bull rushes. Donald has natural pad level that he uses to get leverage. He has played himself into first-round consideration.
            Not arguing with you about Donald's week of practice - I watched every practice and he was dominant (mostly against Richardson - in terms of what NFL network aired) --- he also had a hell of a career. Just saying he did NOT stand out during the Senior Bowl game.

            Prior to the SB he wasn't in the first round in Kipers, McShay's or 4 different guys on NFL network mock drafts. I think McShay has subsequently moved him to #25 in his rankings after the SB week.

            Very interesting at #44 but at #12 --- that would be a big gamble.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
              Not arguing with you about Donald's week of practice - I watched every practice and he was dominant (mostly against Richardson - in terms of what NFL network aired) --- he also had a hell of a career. Just saying he did NOT stand out during the Senior Bowl game.

              Prior to the SB he wasn't in the first round in Kipers, McShay's or 4 different guys on NFL network mock drafts. I think McShay has subsequently moved him to #25 in his rankings after the SB week.

              Very interesting at #44 but at #12 --- that would be a big gamble.
              The only reason he wasen't all ready in the 1st rd rising at the Sr Bowl was his size, which was hindering em alittle bit despite the strength he showed in game film(scouts and gurus are picky), and then he dismantled the comp all wk at the SR BOWL and answered that question and is now perdicted as a 1st rder(i'm quoted as saying he was gonna be a mid 1st rder by draft day a month or more ago with Donald), and when he kills the combine, specifically the Bench and 40 and drills, his stock gonna gonna fly even higher.. Its clear as day this kids got something special. Hes following his alma mater brethren Aldon Smith into the next echelon of NFL stud defender.. Just watch where this kids stock is by draft day..

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by BleedingBlue123 View Post
                Not arguing with you about Donald's week of practice - I watched every practice and he was dominant (mostly against Richardson - in terms of what NFL network aired) --- he also had a hell of a career. Just saying he did NOT stand out during the Senior Bowl game.
                He didn't have the numbers that Dee Ford had, but he played phenomenal in the game. He was penetrating very well in the pass and the run game. I believe PFF did a review of the game seeing as there was no NFL this week, I'd check to see what they graded him as, but just because you didn't notice him doesn't mean that he played any less than he did throughout the week.

                And I agree with NYCsportzfan, I think he's going to be a stud. Whatever worry I had about his size has been alleviated after delving deeper into his game film as well as Sr Bowl week, I would have no qualms if Jerry picked him at 12, in fact I think it could prove to be a steal in future years.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                  The only reason he wasen't all ready in the 1st rd rising at the Sr Bowl was his size, which was hindering em alittle bit despite the strength he showed in game film(scouts and gurus are picky), and then he dismantled the comp all wk at the SR BOWL and answered that question and is now perdicted as a 1st rder(i'm quoted as saying he was gonna be a mid 1st rder by draft day a month or more ago with Donald), and when he kills the combine, specifically the Bench and 40 and drills, his stock gonna gonna fly even higher.. Its clear as day this kids got something special. Hes following his alma mater brethren Aldon Smith into the next echelon of NFL stud defender.. Just watch where this kids stock is by draft day..
                  Ok - I liked what I saw at the SB during the week --- he was pretty unblockable. Me myself -- would shy away from his size at that position as a high 1st round pick. I see him as a 25-32 range pick in the 1st round.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    1. Greg Robinson
                    2. Justin Gilbert
                    3. Mike Evans
                    4. Darqueze Dennard
                    5. Zack Martin

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      1. Greg Robinson
                      2. Justin Gilbert
                      3. Mike Evans
                      4. Darqueze Dennard
                      5. Zack Martin

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by gabriel_1 View Post
                        1. Greg Robinson
                        2. Justin Gilbert
                        3. Mike Evans
                        4. Darqueze Dennard
                        5. Zack Martin
                        Gilbert is right up there with Dennard for me, but hes starting to tip the scale in his direction alittle. Just listening to McShay rave about em and him smoking the other CB's in the Skills competiton and then his interview after(he was really well spoken and seems like a focused young man and very competitive), has him ever so slightly ahead of Dennard(had em tied) for the time being. Hes gonna be a stud!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                          Gilbert is right up there with Dennard for me, but hes starting to tip the scale in his direction alittle. Just listening to McShay rave about em and him smoking the other CB's in the Skills competiton and then his interview after(he was really well spoken and seems like a focused young man and very competitive), has him ever so slightly ahead of Dennard(had em tied) for the time being. Hes gonna be a stud!
                          Yes - I'm leaning towards Gilbert at #12.

                          Keep hoping we fix guard/center & RB in free agency.

                          Then adding Gilbert opposite Prince at #12 would really give us a great looking secondary with Gilbert/Prince/Hosley & Rolle/Hill/Brown.

                          In Gilbert/Prince/Hill we could have 3 young dynamic/impact secondary players.

                          Then maybe at #44 -- you could grab a TE who fits the new system and provides Eli with someone to work the middle of the field & red-zone with size. Hopefully either the Texas Tech (Amaro) or the U-Washington (Sepherin-Jenkins) kids fall and are available at #44. Not sure how highly folks think of the N-Dame TE.

                          Then in 3rd and 4th you address RB (again) and LB/OL depth.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by nycsportzfan View Post
                            Gilbert is right up there with Dennard for me, but hes starting to tip the scale in his direction alittle. Just listening to McShay rave about em and him smoking the other CB's in the Skills competiton and then his interview after(he was really well spoken and seems like a focused young man and very competitive), has him ever so slightly ahead of Dennard(had em tied) for the time being. Hes gonna be a stud!
                            Preach!
                            "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Can someone breakdown their love affair with Gilbert? I don't understand the hype.


                              Subscribe to me on YouTube: mlerm17
                              Follow me on Twitter @mlerm17

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Mlerman17 View Post
                                Can someone breakdown their love affair with Gilbert? I don't understand the hype.
                                Maybe seeing a highlight like this? I am a big fan of him but I still like Dennard better just because he is a complete CB IMO. Gilbert is more of a play maker but he isn't as physical. Gilbert is taller which also makes him intriguing as well. He can return kicks like crazy also.

                                sigpic
                                S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
                                __________________________________________________ ______
                                Mock Draft
                                1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                                4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                                6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn
                                __________________________________________________ ______
                                Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X