Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mack or Barr fall to no 12, does JR do it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I'd be much happier if Darqueze Dennard fell to us.
    Watching tape on him now for a new video actually

Comment

Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
      I have a hard time projecting Mack as a pass rusher. 1 reason is I dont have as much game tape of him as the others , 2nd he hasnt gone up against many elite tackles.1 of these days im going to have sift through all his tape and just focus on pass rushing situations and grade those. Might be a good piece for Draftbreakdown
      Hes a pass rusher all right. He might not do it with finesse, but hes plenty explosive and has a ton of strength and big motor that gets him his sacks. Hes not great in coverege by any stretch but hes at least adeuete when hes asked to..

Comment

Lots of good info guys. The reason I hope one of these guys drops is what I mentioned before-it will give us an every down linebacker with the added special element of a pass rusher from the LB position, which we are lacking. It would give us such a good matchup problem and added dimension to our defense.

Most importantly, I don think there is a DE worthy of the 12th pick if we don't draft a CB or OT with the 12th pick, maybe a TE like Ebron or WR though. This year is going to be interesting for many reasons. The holes we need to fill, the pressure to do well next year, etc

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          I'd be much happier if Darqueze Dennard fell to us.
          Well I'm a huge MSU fan (my daughter graduated from there) but this kid is a prototypical big cover corner. Very physical and can be left alone.
          Prince and ..."No Fly Zone" Darqueze would be an awesome combo.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

I still dont think Dennard is big enough or fast enough to develop into an elite type CB.

Think he runs in the mid 4.5s at best.

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
              I still dont think Dennard is big enough or fast enough to develop into an elite type CB.

Think he runs in the mid 4.5s at best.
              I do love Dennard, and would have no qualms with him at 12. But the CB position is deep in this years draft. CBs can be hit or miss in the 1st. Recently for example, Peterson, Milliner, and Clairborne were supposed to be otherworldly CBs but they have shown they are human and can struggle, whereas talents like Sherman or Carr fall.

This year CBs like Roby, Gilbert, Verret, Mcgiil or Fuller might turn out to be the better player. So for example, while I want to address the D with our draft and we certainly need OL help and a RB and TE, we would be fortunate to get a franchise tackle or guard (I don't like guards in the 1st) in the first round and a talented corner in the 2nd.

Man, I cannot wait for the draft. ALl I know is Reese better hit it on all cylinders with this years draft class.

Comment

Originally posted by Sovereign View Post
                Depends on the current board but I doubt it. And since Fewell doesn't know what LBs are for I doubt it would be a good pick either.
                You can't blame Fewell for our linebacker dilemna. We gave him a decent LB and he utilized him just fine. He also had great success with the Chase Blackburns of the world who OVER-ACHIEVED

Comment

Originally posted by Geebanga718 View Post
                  You can't blame Fewell for our linebacker dilemna. We gave him a decent LB and he utilized him just fine. He also had great success with the Chase Blackburns of the world who OVER-ACHIEVED
                  I don't' blame Fewell for being given crap to work with. I blame him for his lack of stones to blitz and I blame him for having terrible blitzes in the off chance he does do it. If you get a Barr or a Mack then they need to pass rush a lot. Fewell won't do that.

Comment

Stephen Morris gots a decent drive going. Showing ability to make throws on the run. He did miss a wideopen Pedersen though..

A sick fun by sleeper Andre Fluellen, the big bruiser RB..

Comment

Working...
                    X