X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round 3 or 4 Andre Williams

Convince me why we should not...
    sigpic

Personally I would rather have Charles Sims in that range. Terrance West is ahead of him on my list as well. Sims is an all around RB who has drawn comparisons to Matt Forte and has some moves like Shady Mccoy. West is a bowling ball. Short and big RB who ran a nice 40 and has Williams like production. Although he is a small school guy I really like him. Williams is solid and wouldn't be mad if we picked him.. I just like those two players more in that range of the draft.
    sigpic
    S/O to Flip Empty for the sig
    6th) Fred Ross WR Miss St 7th) J. Reeves-Maybin LB Tenn

Comment

Williams is likely to only be as good as the offensive line in front of him. Like Ridley and Green-Ellis, he has limited speed and quickness and is not going to break many big plays, but he can run through contact, extend runs between the tackles and fall forward consistently.
      Might not be a good choice behind a rebuilding OL. Otherwise, he is a good middle round pick.

Comment

I've seen Andre Williams mocked from late 3rd to the 6th.. I have him my mock below going in the 5th.. Would be a good value

not a great reciever, but I like him as a runner..

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
          I've seen Andre Williams mocked from late 3rd to the 6th.. I have him my mock below going in the 5th.. Would be a good value

Yeah in the 5th that is really solid value..I think there are better RB's who can be had in the 3rd-4th range
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post

Don't think he will make it to 5th, but if he did, I would be ticked if we passed up on him.
            sigpic

Comment

I think being a BC guy helps his chances of getting drafted here also..

Comment

I like him but supposedly he literally can't catch

Comment

He cannot catch or pass block at all. Rather another RB in the draft.

Comment

I like Jerick McKinnon. He was an option qb but in the 5th this guy may have the toughness and speed to that would be worth the risk in the 5th round.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                      Personally I would rather have Charles Sims in that range. Terrance West is ahead of him on my list as well. Sims is an all around RB who has drawn comparisons to Matt Forte and has some moves like Shady Mccoy. West is a bowling ball. Short and big RB who ran a nice 40 and has Williams like production. Although he is a small school guy I really like him. Williams is solid and wouldn't be mad if we picked him.. I just like those two players more in that range of the draft.
                      would LOOOVE sims, great reciever as well.im not to high on williams personally. its meh pick for me

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
                        would LOOOVE sims, great reciever as well.im not to high on williams personally. its meh pick for me
                        Yeah Sims and Hyde are my favorite RB's. After that I would probably go Jeremy Hill (off the field issues concerning though) and Terrance West. Sims is a beast though.. he really can do it all!
                        sigpic
                        ________________________________________________________
                        Mock Draft
                        1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                        4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                        Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

Originally posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
                          Yeah Sims and Hyde are my favorite RB's. After that I would probably go Jeremy Hill (off the field issues concerning though) and Terrance West. Sims is a beast though.. he really can do it all!
                          couldnt find any vids on west but also a fan of hills. marion grice is another west coast RB that can do it all who i like with ladarious perkins and rod mcdowell on my sleeper list. hyde is a beast but i dont see us taking another rb early so sadly i cant see him in blue.

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatone View Post
                            couldnt find any vids on west but also a fan of hills. marion grice is another west coast RB that can do it all who i like with ladarious perkins and rod mcdowell on my sleeper list. hyde is a beast but i dont see us taking another rb early so sadly i cant see him in blue.
                            Here is kind of a lengthy highlight of him from this season. I like how he is kind of a bigger back weight wise and still ran faster than Hyde and Hill (I think they ran 4.6's and he ran a 4.5). He also has surprising quick feet for a guy his weight and shows nice vision. He also can run your *** over too if he wants to. LOOK AT THE BLOCK AT 0:42!! DAMN!

sigpic
                            Mock Draft
                            1st) O.J Howard TE Bama 2nd) D. Walker DE F.S.U 3rd) S. Perine RB Oklahoma
                            4th) E. Magnuson OT/OG Mich 5th) J. Replogle DT Purde
                            Strick's 2015 All-Sleeper Team - http://boards.giants.com/showthread....t=sleeper+team

Comment

The combine did no favors to Andre Williams, he was predictably pretty slow, he looked like hed never seen a football in his life while he was trying to catch, it was that brutal.

Comment

Working...
                              X